2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurur - I can compartmentalize things - so far this guy is not biting any of Jose's hooks.

Juror "I compartmentalize things"
Baez : How?
Juror "I just learned to separate work from home. When I get home I am refreshed"
Baez : You live in 2 different worlds?
Juror : yes

This isn't a therapy session Baez. Go to a therapist.

...how long does Baez intend to interview each Juror ?

Oh nevermind - until he can find a reason to object

CM should be doing this. JB has almost zero experience here.

JB needs to get to the point. He needs to be finding out if this guy would have no problem putting his client to death and stop worrying about the media. He's probably upset that the guy doesn't know who he is.

JB is up asking about what the juror thought about the choppers outside the courthouse.

Juror talking about a rumor that ICA case was coming to town. People at work told him that the jury was going to be done in Pinellas Co.

Did he look back and think about what he knew about the case when he saw the media outside? #1340 said it did kind of pop into his head but he didn't know what case he was going to be here for. He compartmentalizes things due to work so when he gets home he can enjoy his family (I'm paraphrasing).

Would prior coverage affect him dury dilberating this case, 1-10 how would it effect you? #1340 would hate to be the cause to do this again can keep his opinions to himself, he believes it would be in the back of his mind but wouldn't let it influence his decisions.

He should have said: No, I live in one world and that's why I have to compartmentalize things.

Juror - believes 100% that he can be fair.

JB - ORLY? (paraphrased of course)

JMO, but he sounds to good to be true. Sounds like he is trying really hard to be on this jury......................................

This juror says he would hate to be the reason that there would be a mistrial. Also showed some sympathy for Casey saying he would not like her to "have to go through all of this again".

This juror wouldn't want to be the cause of making a mess of this case, but I could set my opinions aside and not let them take control of what I do.
This is a good guy - I really like him. Clearly Baez does not.

well scratch that idea of trial in 5 days....baez will still be asking this fella the same questions in 5 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3