2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great juror. He is verys mart and seems fair.

cost of incarceration - ICA thinks "huge waste" and "not learning anything"

As the DT this guy would stay based on his opinions of serial killers or people "who haven't learned their lesson" because you could easily show this was a one-time thing but he would scare me because he has a brain and will see through my BS rather quickly.

Well this juror will scare the crap out of ICA.....he is building a pretty ugly picture of life in prison.

I honestly think KC likes prison. No job, no responsibilities, someone else provides for her. That is all she knows, that is fine with her. I don't think it scares her or bothers her. Gen Pop will be lots of friends and fun in her mind.

Sir - you will be shown photos of a dead child if you feel the mother was responsible would you vote for death - OBJECTION - Judge - SUSTAINED

WOW,.

This is the first juror still.......yes I said that correctly... the first one still almost an hour now!!!

:waiting:

How many of us knew that was a given...that this will take FOREVER

Hes the one and only!!!

OMG. At this rate the trial won't start until September.
From what I've heard this guy sounds like a perfect juror, candid and intelligent.

cold as ice. I cant believe she could hear what finnell just said (you will see pictures of a deceased child, if you found the mother was guilty do you think she should automatically rec' the dp) and not even BLINK.

AF: What do you think about LWOP?

It must be horrible. Can't get outside. Can't go to store. Mental torture would be awful, at least for me.

AF: What do you think the DP serves?

Time to appeal. Try and make sure they have the right or wrong person. Get the right or wrong person to basically trade places.

AF: Do you think the DP is used enough, not enough?

You mean in Fl? In Texas they go a little far...

AF: Do you think it takes too long to execute a person?

I think 20 years is too long...do need time to make sure you have the right person.

AF: DP, cost the gov more money or less money?

I know they both cost the state money, I don't know the answer to that.

AF: Would you not consider it if you were told not to?

No, the punishment would fit the case.

AF: If you found the mother of that child responsible for the death of that child do you think she should automatically say she is guilty.

JA: objection

AF: Religious beliefs?

No ma'am. I was raised religious but I have formulated my own opinions.

AF: member of chruch or political that takes a stand against DP.

My daughter goes to catholic church.

AF: what is the church's policy on DP?

I don't know but I don't follow what (all)the church says.

I have a feeling that this potential juror is an exception and perhaps a good majority of the potential jurors will fly through the courtroom.

First one to ask about religion - Catholic - believes they are against the death penalty but there are a lot of things the church believes in that he does not.

I find it interesting to watch the facial expressions and nods and shakes of the head of the mitigation expert. You can see where the DT hot buttons are while listening to Ann ask questions and see what mitigation lady does with her head.

For example..... when Ann asked juror 1340 if he would consider cost to the State as a factor in his decision to impose the death penalty....mitigation lady shook her head no.

Try watching it is very telling.

I suspect we can build their profile for the perfect juror by watching their body language.

I thought I was going to record each of these jurors, however, I have totally changed my mind. GEEZ!!!

First one to ask about religion - Catholic - believes they are against the death penalty but there are a lot of things the church believes in that he does not.

I'm thinking he is only Catholic due to schooling....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera