2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AF: Premeditated first degree murder also has fellony murder which is a murder that occurred during certain fellonies. When you sit on the trial phase and you are trying to decided if it is...

objection.

AF: I'm confused at this point. During the trial you will be asked if ICA is guilty of premeditated, fellony murder or a lesser charge of murder. Your verdict must be your verdict but also the 12 people. But at penalty phase you can make you own independent decision...are you the type who is capable to make a decision about that?

It won't be easy but yes.

AF: Would you sway others?

objection: off topic.

Would I try to sway someone? A healthy discussion is in order, everyone is entitled to their open. I will make my vote, they will make their's.

:twocents: From what I've heard so far from this gentleman......HE'S A KEEPER for BOTH sides!

PS: these questions are soooooooooo similar to those asked in the first and CURRENT Cheshire, Ct. triple murder/arson/home invasion case and choosing THOSE jurors took some significant time! :rocker:

For me, this was interesting for the first half hour of questioning this poss juror - now - not so much...:sigh: I'd really like them to get on with it. :waiting:

Would he try to sway someone - he thinks a healthy discussion is in order. Would discuss why I came to my conclusions.

If Af keeps asking questions with the word murder or DP -the juror is going to think AF thinks her client is guilty

I don't know how much the Judge can do to move this along without it becoming an appeal issue.

I just tuned in for the day. I'm, struck that I doubt KC gave this much thought to whether Caylee deserved to live or die. I know this is all part of the fair trial process, but it still makes me a little sick.

Casey is sitting still as a stone statue. Drugs? Concentration? Combination?

betcha he not only makes the panel, but he would make a good foreman. seems very fair.... hard to believe they hit on such a rational person first.

Can anyone tell me what ICA is looking at out of the corner of her eyes like that? Is that where the poss juror is? Or what?

Gotta go but looking forward to reading the rest of this thread later on. It's highly probable this poor potential juror will still be on the stand when I get back in a few hours anyway. Keep up the great work WS friends!!!

this guy is too smart and clearly will consider all the facts...DT is crossing him off the list with a GIANT sharpie.

I think KC actually looks like she is about to cry. I think she realizes that this is going to be juror #1.

If the lawyers keep asking the same questions over and over when clearly this guy has answered and understands the process, THIS WILL NEVER END.

I feel like David after his dentist visit. "Is this real life?" "Is it going to be like this forever?!" "I can't see anything ARRRGGGGH!"

AF - Do you think there's anything about the media "circus atmosphere" that is going to influence your decision/thought process.

Juror - No

AF: Do you think you would be swayed by family, or outside influences? Whether it should be DP or LWOP.

I am sure my friends and family would give their opinion after the fact but they weren't at the trial. Different outside than sitting on the inside. I would listen to their opinions but stick to mine.

AF: You have seen the media. Do you think this event in your life would be a life changing event for you. Will it change how you vote, a book deal or participation will somehow influence...don't mean to offended you...don't know what is in your mind...
whether a life sentence...

(I have to say...she is starting one subject and changing the direction in the middle, her thought process is to throw off. IMHO. )

:eek:

AF just asked him if he would be able to decide LWOP or death is the appropriate punishment, given the circus atmosphere.

Sheesh, can her own lawyers say GUILTY any clearer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera