2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They're asking open ended questions to allow the juror to "share" details they might not get from a direct question - tedious, but I get it. Some of it's stupid, but he dropped the NCIS nugget so....

I just had to stop watching this poor guy being grilled, he is a fine upstanding guy therefore likely to be on the DT no way Jose list.

OMGoodness. Please make it stop. JB's questions seem deliberately vague/open in order to make this process as time consuming as possible. I totally undertand having as impartial a jury as possible, but you're not going to obtain the power to read minds or predict the future no matter HOW bad he may want to. This is maddening.

+
This cannot be normal in selecting a juror at this rate this trial will not start untill mid May

Chiming in for the first time. I like this guy and I think he could go either way as a juror. I don't know if he would give the Dp out but think he would be a good juror.

Juror believes that if the defense gets "privledged" info - that info should be shared with the prosecution. Believes its a moral decision to share.

Thanks to you all for such up to the moment reporting. I actually have the hearing up, keep sticking the earphones in my ears, but rip them out almost immediately. I think I am on overload and can't stomach this today.
When I get like that, I just like to read here.

Oh, BTW, if I was abused and molested when I was young, can I kill my DD and get away with it? She does get on my nerves every now and then. Is that now an excusable defense for murderers?

thats been over tried now for quite some time.....

JB: when you served jury duty previously..

I didn't serve. I was called.

JB: was it a criminal case?

I don't know.

JB: are you aware of what the legal standard of what the state must show in a criminal case.

It is up to the SA to prove it to a reasonable doubt.

JB: what do you think about that burden.

its going to be a challange.

JB: what do you think about that?

It will be difficult for the SA to get rid of all doubt in our minds.

JB: do you think reasonable doubt is too high a standard

no. if you have any doubt then obviously there are holes, you need to go back and take a closer look at things. if you remove doubt that should clarify things...does that make sense?

JB: what about the burden of proof

I think the prosecution.

JB: do you think that is fair.

yes, if they bring charges they should have to prove it.

JB: do you think defense should try to prove and help with someone's innocence?

If information was available I would think there is a moral obligation...

OKay...these questions MAKE NO SENSE. IMHO

JB: if you feel the defense has some info that proves innocence do you think they should or shouldn't present that?

WHA!?

Oh this juror likes to speak eh. He wants to be the PERFECt juror.
I wasn't going to say anything, but we don't know this juror's motives. I mean, my husband would probably answer the questions the same way, and he would not be eager, trying to give right answers, or wanting to be perfect - my husband is just an honest man.

Question here, sorry it's late getting posted, that little speech to HHJP by AF on mitigating circumstances and the list she described: was that a calculated disclosure by JB and crew? I wish we could have seen JB/CM facial expressions when AF read them off.

This potential juror will not be removed for cause.

The DT will have to use a strike, if they want him removed.
Just sit down and shout up already JB.. please!

Good Lord after this,that guy is gonna need a luxury suite in Orlando for all this !!!!:innocent:

Here we go.....now JB is trying to say we are going to put out things we can't prove.

I love this guys answers......we can establish a base line....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove