2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
what? why does it matter what his second most decision in his life was? what on Gods green earth does that have to do with ANYTHING Jose?

I know! Most of these questions I can KIND of see the relevance too (if I think hard enough) but I'm stumped on that one.

Ask this pot juror what time it is....and he tells you how to make a watch.......
Just way more info than is called for

Just a bit too earnest for my liking. DT won't want him, too eager to be involved.

Jose is asking the pot juror who are in LE. They have shown to you they are straight shooters and this is part of your background and life experience. Do you think that gives you more credibility to LE than someone else.

You know what covers this? The question that asks: are you able and willing to put aside your own experiences and things you may have heard about this case and give a fair ruling on the evidence presented. IMHO.

JB: Do you watch CSI?

I do, but I know it is entertainment. Some of them are disturbing, a chill where you think wow, can that really happen? Again, it is entertainment. I watch weekly. But I skip, I have everything recorded.

JB: You watch it weekly, but...

I don't stop my day to watch a tv show.

JB: do you think that if someone has dr. in their name do you give them more credibility.

Their education, they have earned it. Dr. Kavorkian and people don't give him credit. People have good and bad in them. People are not credible because of a title.

JB: do you think by general standards they would automatically have some cred but in some cases, not?

If this is what they do for a living, they are credible, you have to prove it to me, just because you have a title I have my own mind. I want to know why they came to that opinion.

JB: can you separate fact from personal feeling?

yes.

JB: what is the best way to separate what is opinion and what is fact. how would you like that info conveyed to you?

I listen. Tone of voice, way a question asked. Someone was asking how do you feel about this? Well, they are asking for opinion...

JB: do you think that experts always give professional opinions or do you think they go beyond that?

I have never been in that situation.

JB: I have to tell you that I think as a juror in this case you will be making the biggest decision in you life.

I agree.

JB: What was the second?

Getting married and having a child. The best thing we have ever done. They are the two biggest.

JB: those are personal decisions, do you realize the decisions in a criminal capitol case...people can get married...

it is different, I agree.

JB: another example of a very important decision?

choice of college to attend. some of this I don't see as that significant. we make choices every single day. I get calls everyday trying to get something that is a emergancy and do my best to make the best decision for the patient. Not that I control everything but I make decisions.

I'm going to rip my eyeballs out with a spoon now....and am I the only one who doesn't think this guy is a good juror.

The defense is not going let this guy on the jury. They are just burning up time making the other jurors mad.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I can tell from your question you are a naturally optimistic person.

Still on the first one.

I've got my entire master bathroom, bedroom spotless! :giggle:

And I took my time....

67 jurors @ 4 hours each .... doing about 9 hours court a day... will be done in 29 days or so

sheesh

Still on the first one.

Unbelievable. But this is the important day and this is the day I really have to work!!! Darn!

Anyhow, this guy doesn't seem too chatty to me. He's answering what's asked, sounds sincere and doesn't know what he's supposed to do or what to expect. I like this guy and feel kind of sorry for him. It's like a really, really hard job interview. He sounds quite intelligent. I like him for the jury.

This is a perfect example of a juror that could go either way. The State is confident in him....the DT is a bit worried. If he makes it on the jury he poses a real threat to KC in their eyes.

They are trying any line of questioning to ferret out an opinion or belief that will indicate that he is not right for their end goal.

yes, it is normal. It took months to seat the Scott P. jury. I think JP is way off thinking they can seat a DP jury in a high profile case in a few days. This questioning is normal, they are going through the answers from the juror's questionaire. If it gets out of hand like Finnell's questioning did it will be halted and dealt with like was so done this morning. Some here need to read up on the voir dire process and what is involved in it instead of complaining about it, jmo.
This is one of the most important processes of the trial. Geez!

ITA. If I were on trial for murder, I hope they take their time with picking the folks who were going to decide my fate.

Casey seems so much more subdued today. Not nearly as much grooming and self soothing going on with her. Do you think she's been medicated or just feels less threatened today?

Why is the judge allowing this to go on and on? Did his head explode or did he go into a coma? I think taking this long to talk to ONE potential juror whould make the judge very angry and it might present itself at trial like not having objections go Baez way.

Will they have to relook at the hardships if the trial doesnt start for another few weeks?

I think he is giving JB enough rope so to speak. he wants to see how long he will take it. And I think he is looking at it from a different angle than JB. Remember those local newspapers that JB trotted before the court this morning? Well what he doesn't realize is that they illustrate that the pretrial publicity is more widespread and universal. In other words the reason for the CoV is moot. So JB as he babbles on interogating this poor innocent citizen who simply seeks to perform his civic responsibility, is just pointing the bus back at Orlando without even realizing it.

AHHHHH He's answering questions asked of him, so what if he hits the TV circuit after this is over, the D/T has done it :twocents:

I don't think anything is wrong with it UNLESS they go INTO the trial with the goal of becoming famous, rather than pursuing fair justice.

I think his answers are too long and it trying too hard to appear impartial rather than just answering in a few words and not trying to sell himself. Guess that's where the yellow flag on fame seeker comes from...

What juror are we on?

2 hours (?) on 1st juror called

yes, it is normal. It took months to seat the Scott P. jury. I think JP is way off thinking they can seat a DP jury in a high profile case in a few days. This questioning is normal, they are going through the answers from the juror's questionaire. If it gets out of hand like Finnell's questioning did it will be halted and dealt with like was so done this morning. Some here need to read up on the voir dire process and what is involved in it instead of complaining about it, jmo.
This is one of the most important processes of the trial. Geez!

I don't think this is normal. Even LDB stated in her second round of questioning this was not usual. Also, considering this is not HHJP's first rodeo, and he was predicting being through by Tuesday, IMO, this is not normal at all.

Jose just told this guy he was about to make the most important decission of his entire life.

Really?

Oh and the guy agreed .Maybe I am out of context? Important yes.
But his college choice wasnt as significant.
I hope they dont pick him . I think he wants it to bad. The 7 second TV appearance gave him the bug.IMO.

It is a waste of time talking about lack of evidence. They have plenty of evidence Baez. Plenty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove