2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to rip my eyeballs out with a spoon now....and am I the only one who doesn't think this guy is a good juror.

I'm leaning with you. This guy needs to answer short and simply. He's giving answers that leads to another question and another question and another question.....

Uh-Oh....he has a skewed view of what "probably" means....Jose isnt going to like this..he should have said not probably but "maybe" they are guilty.

Really I don't think he has a choice - he is trying to be respectful and answer JB. JB is giving these questions and the juror knows the issue (death penalty case) - he is doing his best. JB starts going off on these tangents he can't just blow him off - he has to answer something and some people have to talk it through (I work w a guy like that an engineer actually).

He was quite succinct w LDB - he has a different answer pattern with JB

MOO

He just screwed himself with the "probably guilty" and now he's backtracking.

yes, it is normal. It took months to seat the Scott P. jury. I think JP is way off thinking they can seat a DP jury in a high profile case in a few days. This questioning is normal, they are going through the answers from the juror's questionaire. If it gets out of hand like Finnell's questioning did it will be halted and dealt with like was so done this morning. Some here need to read up on the voir dire process and what is involved in it instead of complaining about it, jmo.
This is one of the most important processes of the trial. Geez!

I don't think I need to read up on the voir dire process. I'm going by what the experienced judge said about this case starting next week and questioning about 5 jurors an hour. It is about 1 every 4 hours. I think Baez is using stall/delay tatics.

Certainly more talk than I think necessary - BUT - I believe that this guy is way too logical and clear-thinking for the DT. He's going to pay attention to everything.

He seems like someone the SA may not want either - seems to want to be able to say DEFINITELY yes or DEFINITELY no, in order to be able to make a decision.

I'm sorry, but some of these questions are just ridiculous.

And it's 11:39 a.m. and they are still on only the first guy????? Seriously, how will they ever get through all 69 potential jurors in a reasonable time at this rate?

This guys opens himself to being struck for cause with his "probably guilty" comment but Baez made a BIG mistake pointing out the error and given him the opportunity to cover up his tracks.

The defense is not going let this guy on the jury. They are just burning up time making the other jurors mad.

I'm with you. If I was waiting for 3 hours I'd be Pi**ed that I was not the next called. Then.. My answers would be yes, no , and I don't know. He is grilling this guy. I understand the importance of the right juror but he will end up resenting the questioner(s)

he's doing a good job on this "probably guilty" question

nice statement of the middle ground

presumption of innocence will be interesting

there has to be a limit on time for questioning! Otherwise we will still be doing this in 2012, just saying!

He just talked his way off the DT list. Well done JB. I am impressed actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove