2011.05.12 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day FOUR)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The judge should make up a questionnaire with all the specific question the defense team asked this juror and and give it to the rest to fill out before they come in.

Failure to protect - Casey went to Cindy and said Lee (or George) was molesting her. Cindy didn't believe her and did nothing about it.

Taught to project a false appearance -

Casey was discouraged from or outright punished for discussing her negative emotions by one or both parents?

Casey threatened to tell someone outside of the immediate family about the sexual abuse and was severely punished and told never to say that to anyone or else?

I don't see where any of this could come in other than by Casey taking the stand. BUT - these are being proposed as MITIGATING circumstances, meaning they could/might only be brought up after a conviction, right? In that case, Casey could decline to testify during the trial, but decide to testify for the Penalty phase only?

Who wants to bet the HHJBP is going to put a time limit now for questioning?

I agree. I think he is trying very hard to appear totally impartial and get on the jury, and since we don't know WHY that is (if it is), I would not like him to remain, he just doesn't pass my sniff test.. We don't know his true feelings and can't predict which way he would be biased (if he is).

Yep, I agree with your sniff test.
My thinking on this:
This man (and I am sure a handful of other potential jurors) is/are already thinking:

Book Deal..... Cha Ching!

But I am telling you people....the As (each and every last one of them) are all on board with this line of defense. Just you watch and see.

I couldn't agree more. They've been on board with this for quite some time. Whatever it takes for save ICA, even living with the public stigma for the rest of their lives. But then again, that kind of thing doesn't seem to bother them anyway, IMO.

I think you are correct. That is scary that they might think that nobody will be held responsible for Caylee's death.

RespectfullyQuoted Carolina Girl :wave: ITA.

They will always know Carolina Girl, although we wonder if they care. Really, I know that is not "good enough" but if they all conspire to help Casey get away with killing Caylee...it will haunt them, IMHO.

But, ITA with you. I only say that to sooth myself over the possibility that Casey may not be convicted of this crime. I really don't and can't believe that but if George or Cindy is willing to lie(and we know they are)for her about Caylee, then what can anyone do?

That is a real question by the way, if anyone knows? TIA.

:cow:

I pray that is not the case
I still feel for them havibng to go through all of this.

I will have to see and hear that to believe it - I don't believe it is going to go down that way at all. I don't believe CA and GA will be able to tolerate JB maligning them so viciously. It is one thing to say they have protected their daughter since the crime occurred, but quite another to say their actions caused ICA to kill Caylee. IMO

Their lawyer is already preparing them and it ain't going to be pretty. I expect to hear a lot from Mr.Lippman as this trial progresses.

He can't it would give DT grounds for appeal.

I thought that at the beginning of the day, JB wanted to whine at length about what had been published in the newspaper (I think about the "2-year-old comment) and the judge warned him that if he wanted to continue to cry about this issue, the judge would have no choice but to limit the voir dire questioning time. JB then backed down and said that he preferred not to have a voir dire questioning time limit.

Or do I remember that incorrectly? Why would HHJBP threaten this measure if he knew it would be an appellate issue?

KC does this thing when she stands up. She balls her fists and holds her bent arms out and looks around by her feet, looking confused. It looks like she's trying to play Disney (or maybe Universal, lol) princess, holding her gown up and looking at the woodland creatures gathered by her feet. I know this sounds odd but if you watch for it I think you'll see what I mean.

Anyway it's annoying because I can really see that she's "acting" innocent/confused.

I watched/noticed her doing that at almost all the hearings, and I think you are exactly right- her arm position when moving and walking is childlike, denoting innocence. Compare her arm position in the walk Kathy Belich calls out to her (which was straight down and swinging, confident, even arrogant), and now. She still does the butt sway, however, lol. And now she tucks her arm behind her back when the camera reaches that angle, I believe because she would like to hide how her physique and clothing have changed (and not for the better). She is very very aware of the camera, and not able to hide very well.

RespectfullyQuoted Carolina Girl :wave: ITA.

They will always know Carolina Girl, although we wonder if they care. Really, I know that is not "good enough" but if they all conspire to help Casey get away with killing Caylee...it will haunt them, IMHO.

But, ITA with you. I only say that to sooth myself over the possibility that Casey may not be convicted of this crime. I really don't and can't believe that but if George or Cindy is willing to lie(and we know they are)for her about Caylee, then what can anyone do?

That is a real question by the way, if anyone knows? TIA.

:cow:
If anyone lies in a trial and because of that alone (that's what the case turned on) a defendant is acquitted, it is case over. The defendant cannot be tried again. That's the doctrine of double jeopardy. Of course, the lying witness could be prosecuted for perjury, but that would be a small consolation to compensate the public for such a travesty to justice.

Now Lippman's comments yesterday makes much more sense.

He stated that GA would consider civil action.

I would bet anything that JB and Cindy and KC have schemed up this story but never let GA in on it.

He was led to believe that he would only be giving testimony that would "help" KC.

Now let's recall how JB made sure to get it on the record that GA would say whatever he had to to protect KC...

BUT.....what if that was part of a plan to discredit GA or to prove his willingness to cover for LEE and his acts?

Before Lippman said that GA understood that the DT was just trying to defend KC...BUT something has shifted for sure.

BBM: Remember when CA and Jose had their little "soiree" and GA was NOT present ? Can't remember the exact date -- but ya'll know what I'm referring to.

As far as the A's new attorney Lippman ... do ya "think" he would go along with the DT's shenanigans ... and risk disbarment ? ? ?

Any minute I except JB to try to convince us one of the jury pool members is Caylee's bio father. Then postpone the trial for the DNA results and then call in expert to refute those findings.

Does Jose feel that hispanics will naturally support him because he is hispanic?

Judge Perry stated what he was told by the sheriff. He did not imply anything. People just love to take something and slant it to cause a ruckus.
MOO it's calculated
CA has been portrayed as prejudice. It makes them feel sorry for ICA having to grow up with CA as a mother.

Was the email from Cindy to Casey, that was found on the A's computer was that ever actually sent or was it just a saved draft? The one asking to see or talk to Caylee? Wondering if that is part of the DT's ploy to say they were covering something up if it was never sent? KWIM

I am really wondering if the dt is purposely malingering, giving away that they think she will be found guilty but here's why she isn't (their WRITTEN list of mitigating factors) in order to allow ica grounds for an appeal d/t incompetence......seriously!

And why on God's green Earth (other than for Caylee) did the lawyer announce over the mic the mitigating factors? Why didn't she ask for a sidebar or raise a stink indicating it would undermind the trial d/t the prosecution would know what their legal angle is?

Now Lippman's comments yesterday makes much more sense.

He stated that GA would consider civil action.

I would bet anything that JB and Cindy and KC have schemed up this story but never let GA in on it.

He was led to believe that he would only be giving testimony that would "help" KC.

Now let's recall how JB made sure to get it on the record that GA would say whatever he had to to protect KC...

BUT.....what if that was part of a plan to discredit GA or to prove his willingness to cover for LEE and his acts?

Before Lippman said that GA understood that the DT was just trying to defend KC...BUT something has shifted for sure.

All that tells me is the Defense has indicated they may go after GA, but I don't think CA has heard any rumors they are going after her big time also.

Whatever the DT has cooked up is not gonna fly with these parents - IMO they don't know the meaning of subtle - and there will be huge explosions all over the place - I think we are pretty guaranteed that.

My ironing board is set up in front of the computer screen. You wouldn't believe how much ironing I am finding. Thank you judge for that last statement.

:great:

Too funny - I even ironed my curtains yesterday. So purdy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak