2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE Evening Session

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
what it was imo was hhjp doing JB job for him

The Judge has been since he was assigned the case. JB is not DP qualified and does not know what he is doing. KC "retained" JB so he stays on the case. The Judge is kind enough to guide him along.

I hear ya! I work from home and am getting a TENTH of my work done with this on in the background to distract me 400 times an hour. Can we start a support group? "Trial Watchers Anonymous"?

:truce:

HI ALL - just got in and trying to get caught up. I agree about the intervention - DH and I have been on the road from MD since 9 am and I sent him away to go play with his son just so I could get online and get caught up.............lord he'll kill me if he finds me online when he gets home ! I was here till after Midnight last night !

:innocent:

Another one bites the dust. Good GRIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They won't keep him, but he said he can't forget what he has heard or talked about.

And to think, all he read were facts, "stuff found in the trunk, like hair and smell of a dead body"- no wild media speculation tainting the community there!

Considering JB et al were so concerned about this location there do not seem to be many people in the gallery that are interested enough to watch this..

I think somebody is hungry ... b/c they have started counting jurors in the hall...

33 are waiting outside ... lives on hold ...

Time for a chat from HHJP ...

Just back from getting 4 teeth extracted and a partial plunked in, with laughing gas...so bear with me!

Where are we? Last I was here, JB was exposing the pot. juror who had played in a band, made a CD and had bought so called murder memorabelia. Saw Jose use one of his 10 preemptive....so what has happened since?

Thanks in advance.

PS...my mouf herts! :(

(((Hugs))) I hope you're feeling better soon and don't have any pain.

OMG!! Is that black headed lady reading here??? It sure looked like our web site!! :eek:

If so, I hope she finds the very interesting thread about herself....:innocent: :loser: :crazy:

OMG!! Is that black headed lady reading here??? It sure looked like our web site!! :eek:

Someone said that earlier too! Was it IMASK? :floorlaugh:

Dangit! Now my DD is ready to go in the middle of the smack down! Why can't the driving age be 14? They're too old to want to stay home and too young to drive!

ETA: Looks like FB to me!

Baez has indicated he has other plans on Saturday and HHJP has something to say about this. We have the balance of jurors and we have 33 approx left on the second list - whose lives are placed on "hold" and as I explained to everybody - rightfully or wrongfully we volunteered for this duty and those jurors did not.
I have given each side great leeway, some of the questions did not go to jury selection and I was not going to limit and was not going to limit voir dire - the state said they wanted 15 minutes, the DT needed 30. And we will put in four days until we get the number. But the cry was pre-trial publicity. I cannot stop the press. That right is ingrained in the Florida and the US constitution.

EP - they let the 33 go home b/c CM was tired. HHBP wanted to keep 5 more there

Working Saturday per HHJP full day till 5pm

that's not WS on her puter. JMHO.

Judge: the cry was pre-trial publicity. i cannot stop the press from reporting,...
The longer we wait, t more dangers there are.
So, we will work tomorrow. Not beyond 5 PM tomorrow. We will not work Sunday.

Judge: Doesn't take Rhodes Scholar to figure out that if we cant get a jury here, finding another place similar to this area, would b virtually impossible...

Could they get half a jury here and half in Orlando?

Is RB doing background checks on these people while they are testifying? She got up and had something to contribute when they were considering this last juror before defense said no challenge?

She probably is. That is not unusual for a "paralegal" to do in today's time and place. Great way to find out about people. Everybody checks FB, MS, etc. - potential employers, college admissions, etc.

Yes, it sure did look like it. I tried to get a screen shot, but she was too quick. I best be on my best behavour and call her Bolin instead of IMASK. Even though the though makes me want to vomit.

MOO

Mel

HHJP is warning that he told them so about pre-trial publicity.

So they are going to keep working tomorrow, Sunday b/c the longer this goes on the worse the jury selection will go...

Talking about finding another location similar to Orlando would be impossible ... wants to get a jury out of current location.

He says they are getting out earlier today than yesterday. So suck it up. (basically).

If so, I hope she finds the very interesting thread about herself....:innocent: :loser: :crazy:

Maybe she doesn't realize that the camera focuses on her .... let's say.... ample girth.... when she bends over the desk so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smfranklin96