2011.05.17 Jury Selection DAY EIGHT (Morning Edition)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the danger? THere is none. Lymphedema isn't deadly as far as I know.

I'm so lost on juror number (example 3392) seat number, and if they are out or in now.

the potential juror gave the judge a letter from her employer.

HHJP: what is the condition? And you are the only one able to provide that type of service.

In our country. I do lower extremities.

HHJP: what does that mean for your company?

they could not take appointments...person would not receive

HHJP: what is the danger if they did not receive treatment?

no danger. just more effect. leads to an end result, not just maintainance.

1340: first guy up that took forever (7 y/o daughter)
1398: crisis counselor
1312: anesthesia nurse
1019: computer guy with nurse wife
1055: nursing student with the rat terrier
1319: older AA lady had a challenge by state that was denied
1251: retired teacher that sounds like edie falco
1429: long grey haired lady that had a dui
1025: chef with 2 young kids
1007: giggly lady defense challenge denied
1159: VA guy with 5 years in the army has young son

I am not surprised at all, I knew the DT would play dirty ball again this morning. Jose just made a comment to JP about being able to strike till they are sworn in....they have another trick up their sleeve... totally disgusting that the SA and JP have to put up with this kind of nonsense.......
Well, imo, the DT aren't playing dirty ball; they are using their back strikes, just like the State is doing - each side has used 3 today.

trying to release for Lymphodema Nursing -- maintenance type thing. I've known a few people with this and it's very painful (usually, but not always, related to obesity). She currently has 1 patient. I can't imagine she's the only nurse in P-county -- seems odd.

Mel

The judge wanted all the striking done before jurors were called downtown to be sworn in. However Jose asked to make sure he could continue to try to strike up until the swearing in. I predict Jose will see what they come up with today and strike later, but right before the swearing in. Well, so can the state, but I know the judge won't like it.

What is the danger? THere is none. Lymphedema isn't deadly as far as I know.

No, but it is life changing and debilitating for some. The two women I know with it rely heavily on the treatment so that they can participate in their day to day lives.

Only one in Pinellas County and she only has one patient.... It would seem her agency needs to get the word out

Well I think I need to go back to school for something since the Marine Industry has hit bottom here ..

I do not mean to down play her service or the painful disorder I am being honest..I need to go back to school..

That is exactly what I took from it too. JB confirmed they were at 11 then said no more at this time.

Oh! I guess they are going to take a "lets see if we can do a little better" approach until thy run out of backstrikes.

How many backstrikes/prempts have each side done in total? I think both sides did one or two before today.

JB erroneously cited age in his Batson challenge to the state's last strike. HHJP schooled him asking when did age become a part of a Batson challenge. In spite of his edification, JB maintains his objection.

No, but it is life changing and debilitating for some. The two women I know with it rely heavily on the treatment so that they can participate in their day to day lives.

Oh I know, I'm just saying what she would have to answer. I can't imagine lugging around a lymphedematous limb like that. Terrible.

Baez better be careful as the sound on wftv is very good and he is not muting his mike. I've heard him talking a few times now.

I am not sure if I were the DT or State if I would even want someone on the jury that didn't want to be there. Seems to me it would be bad for either side.

3038 has not arrived. Will take juror out of turn.

3206 up now. Female.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member