2011.05.17 Jury Selection DAY EIGHT (Morning Edition)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where we see who uses the hand they're dealt better than the other in MOO. They can backstrike and keep the number under 12, but then they're stuck with what's left. What are you gonna take? The devil you know of the devil you don't.

Exactly! This is why AZlawyer always says, "You don't get to pick who you want, you do your best to eliminate who you don't want."

BBM.

In the case of DP cases, it is not uncommon for the DT & State to be granted additional peremptory strikes. I'm not sure that HHJP really wants this to happen, but they are able to petition for more.
Yes KB on WFTV news last night talked about this. Could be appeal issue if judge does not grant them more.

1340: first guy up that took forever (7 y/o daughter)
1398: crisis counselor
1312: anesthesia nurse
1019: computer guy with nurse wife
1055: nursing student with the rat terrier
1319: older AA lady had a challenge by state that was denied
1251: retired teacher that sounds like edie falco
1429: long grey haired lady that had a dui
1025: chef with 2 young kids
1007: giggly lady defense challenge denied
1159: VA guy with 5 years in the army has young son

You're a gem, nursie. Thank you.

Good morning all. Ready for another day of seeing the justice system at work. Glad to see that each side is using their strikes. Would hate for any reason for appeals or whining!!

3206: She recalls when the little girl came up missing. A lot of reports regarding her mother. She had heard everything HHJP had discussed in court on Wed.

3054 - excused for cause

Up now is 3206 - here's the previous notes

#3206 - Female - no hrdshp; is unemployed & has no young kids; has been married for 42 years and NEVER stayed away from husband; lived sheltered life

Thanks, I got that. But how are there going to be 12 left and some alternates???

There won't be - judge has to keep interviewing potential jurors until the State and Defense stops booting them and they get to 12 plus the alternates.

You're a gem, nursie. Thank you.
no problem.. I put it in the sticky thread for future reference as well. I put the date and time on it as well since there are strikes left and they could do more damage

(and it IS damage imhoo)

You go! If her daughter had been missing for a few minutes she would have been hysterical..Saw pics of ICA partying..did not look distraught.

good for her - can't imagine a mother would not report her child missing;

rut ro - saw the partying pics

I don't see this one staying

IMHO: ICA is NOT medicated, if she ever was: I don't think so. And she is SOOOOOO happy today. Why?

She has all new clothes! First time she's had something new she likes to wear for three years. What a week! New clothes everyday - how much fun is that?

She watched it closely. Was hoping she would be found.

She knows she did not report her missing for a month and only reported it because it upset Cindy. She saw pictures of KC "out partying." She has the impression that KC was not concerned. She watched everything on TV when it was on.

There won't be - judge has to keep interviewing potential jurors until the State and Defense stops booting them and they get to 12 plus the alternates.

Both sides can only use 10 strikes. After that, only the judge can strike a PJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smfranklin96