2011.05.17 Jury Selection DAY EIGHT (Morning Edition)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting to me .. I can just imagine what the Judge and State is feeling

I don't think they have a feeling either way. Backstriking, especially in a DP case, is part of the process, and they all know that. Even the State has exercised their right to use theirs.

Honestly, the last thing the State wants is for the chance for anyone to claim there was bias on the Jury, so they're fine with the DT striking people.

rut ro - HHJP just said that leaves us at 11

hhmmm..... so 6 strikes? I only have 5

I have
who are the other two?

HHJP says he can't swear without 12 and now there's only 11

I wrote down 1123 that I got off the first page somewhere (not because I heard it myself) and I did hear 1119. Both are under my DT list.

This is getting to me .. I can just imagine what the Judge and State is feeling

I am not surprised at all, I knew the DT would play dirty ball again this morning. Jose just made a comment to JP about being able to strike till they are sworn in....they have another trick up their sleeve... totally disgusting that the SA and JP have to put up with this kind of nonsense.......

IMHO: ICA is NOT medicated, if she ever was: I don't think so. And she is SOOOOOO happy today. Why?

Yes, 1119.

3054: Female. Letter from employer. Giving it to the judge now.

This is where we see who uses the hand they're dealt better than the other in MOO. They can backstrike and keep the number under 12, but then they're stuck with what's left. What are you gonna take? The devil you know of the devil you don't.

We had 17; down to 11. So a total of 6 were used, but I don't know from which side (each). Did anyone note the record? The good thing is once all the strikes are used, they're used, and the DT and SA get what they get (unless for cause).

Thanks,

Mel

BBM.

In the case of DP cases, it is not uncommon for the DT & State to be granted additional peremptory strikes. I'm not sure that HHJP really wants this to happen, but they are able to petition for more.

Juror treats lymphedema - only person in the county to provide this service.

I am not surprised at all, I knew the DT would play dirty ball again this morning. Jose just made a comment to JP about being able to strike till they are sworn in....they have another trick up their sleeve... totally disgusting that the SA and JP have to put up with this kind of nonsense.......

That may be true and the DT may try every dirty trick in the book, but nothing will stop this trial from happening.

the only thing that brings me comfort is the possibilty that the DT are paying their own hotel and entertainment (food) expenses.....:maddening:--I think they are up to something to derail this whole process.....:banghead:

DT's been pretty bumbling and incompetent through this process but I think they're doing a good job here. I got no h8.

This is so frustrating, this lady will probably be released for cause. Are we ever going to get a jury.

That was really nerve racking before with all the backstricking, have to admit I'm lost as to how they get the 12 jurors and alts now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak