2011.05.18 Jury Selection Day Nine

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the state will want to strike this juror but may be afraid of losing their strike to a Batson challenge.

state may challenge for equivocal answers - but lose - then peremptory - but could still lose

This PJ could read me stories at bedtime and I would love it. . . . his voice is soothing

so we have what 11 prospects(according to the orlando sentinel)...waiting for the last one? or am i getting ahead of myself/ getting too excited?

This guy dances very well. He must have practiced dancing around the maypole alot when he was young. Float like a butterfly...sting like a bee. You won't get any straight answer from me.

Is he the guy that came in during the motion? If so, will the DT use that later on if he's seated?

Hey thanks JA, are you reading my comments??? Explaining the meanings and the process.

Ohh... I'm a little uncomfortable with the exchange with JA about whether he wants to be on the jury.

The prosecution will have a hard time to dismiss him even though he may not be a good juror for them. It is more difficult to strike an AA juror, right? Baez pulls a racial discrim card out of his pocket square. I get the feeling juror does not like authority and will be argumentative with other jurors. I may be really wrong. Juror has a job and dresses up for court.

Health care...sounds like nursing home...

Not liking this guy now...seems very aggressive with SA and to me, is avoiding question about whether he WANTS to be on jury...

HINKY!

Fox news has covered this case....DH watches it and they do cover the story...

he is rather snippy

Says he can't watch tv at work.

Then why is there 30+ tvs dotted around his workplace? Strange.

I could be mistaken, but my understanding is he works at a daycare health center, which implies to me it is a place elderly people go when their caretakers are otherwise occupied. He said the TVs were for the clients, and the channels were picked by the clients, so I'm just guessing they probably have several rooms with a TV and a small number of clients and probably some kind of nurse in each one.

I am looking forward to next phase of questioning...

Wonder whether his answer to question of whether a victim or friend of victim of crime may have something to do with his attitude towards SA??

He is snippy with the prosecution but nice to the defense. he needs to go! But being AA they won't let him off due to Batson

The DT really didn't talk to him that long. I say choose him and move on.

The prosecution will have a hard time to dismiss him even though he may not be a good juror for them. It is more difficult to strike an AA juror, right? Baez pulls a racial discrim card out of his pocket square. I get the feeling juror does not like authority and will be argumentative with other jurors. I may be really wrong. Juror has a job and dresses up for court.

that to me is racist...:maddening:

In my opinion only-
both SA and DT have "talked down" to all the pot jurors. Not everyone can accept that easily.
I might get a little annoyed and snarky, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member