2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the "matter"? that is what was said by the judge.

Things I noticed in my WTH I had all day to watch moment of shock!!

1. Perry looked mad. He gave someone a long hard look and I think the DT should be ashamed. He has done nothing but bent over backwards for them Poof you I say to the DT.

2. The SA's are always cleaned up and out of the courtroom quickly. Entire defense team packed up (CM was cramming binders and files into boxes) and they were gone.

SA's were still around - everything out on their table. LDB was showing George I think something on her laptop. What is up????

ARRGGHHH. I hope the door hit BAEZZ on the rear on his way out.

3. No way BAEEZZ could ever write a motion so whatever it may, you can rest assured he didn't write it - it would be someone else.

4. E-filing. We efile most everything here. Would it be necessary for him to go in person to file something??? He could efile it and then call to set a hearing.

ARRGGH again. I just answers and for CA to rot away. That is all. Oh, GA and CA as well. Thanks.

If you look back at the video of ICA coming back into the courtroom after lunch, and then leaving again after HHJP recessed court, she was not crying... in fact, she smiled several times at different people.

I don't think she was crying at all. I just think she knows that whatever is happening is big. And I think she was just "fixing" her eyelashes, not wiping at tears. That isn't how she wipes her tears.....

JMHO

Agreed...she smiled a couple of times then widened her eyes and drew back a tad with a sort of "this is gonna be something" smirk/look.

craigatwftv:
Sheaffer says, because Baez is lead counsel, it's the defendant's right for him to be there and, if he can't be there they can't continue.

Been faithfully watching everyday through all the boring stuff. Stay at home with my sick child today and got distracted...my name fits and all you know what happens.

Judge is beyond mad! He had the same breathlessness when speaking that I get when my kids have done something B A D. My guess is an appeal to further delay.

Over on the FA thread this very issue was touched on and I fear is what Baez is up to. However, our awesome FA's did imply that this small win will cost them dearly later on.

OK.. Noob question what does FA Stand for?

and trying to get judge removed: AFAIK it would be a motion to recuse, heard by HHJP in the first instance with an appeal therefrom. We have heard of no such motion.

We are working our buns off on the server issue and appreciate all our WSers' patience! This has been a craaaaayzee day huh! Could someone or ones be a dear and try to post a recap for those just joining us? (Scurries off to modland.)

DT presented an oral motion that the jury selection process was a moving target so to speak. Presented by Fryer who HHJP seems to like. She IS very bright and succinct. DENIED

Questioned one PJ, idk his number

HHJP schooled JB on how we gonna finish if we only have one day left in this cortroom and 15 PJs left... see my new siggy...

State used a strike

recess
sidebar
recess
lunch
recess til tomorrow

ETA: or something like that...i may have left out a recess. Oy.

If JB has withdrawn from the case at this late hour it is unforgivable, especially after all the media exposure he has been lapping up from it all. Ironically, however, it would be good for all involved (including ICA).

To be frank, I have been thinking that the best thing for all involved is if the entire defense team goes (except DS and AF) and the process starts over. This so far has been a media circus perpetuated and exacerbated by media hungry attorneys using this case as a publicity stunt. That is not justice from any view.

He can't withdraw, he has benefited to the tune of $355.000 from this case before his client was declared indigent. Therefore he cannot withdraw.

This is smelling more and more like a plan by Baez to "go home sick" (yeah right Baez) thus delay more time, lose the whole day and try some more bs tomorrow.

Seriously would not put this past Baez as a last minute effort to derail.

Did HHJP really say "All counsel is present for the defendant"? Or something like that? If all counsel was present, and JB wasn't there...oh boy...

My thoughts are that the Defense will cease jury selection in Pinnelas County and head back to Orlando and start the process all over again.

Could it just be possible that JB had a true family emergency or he was sick??? ICA is always putting her fake crying act on. I dont think her crying ever has to do with anything.

Why would JB need to get in his car and drive away if he was filing some kind of motion and/or an appeal? Isn't he at the courthouse?

Hmm, wouldn't he have to go to the Orange County Courthouse to appeal since this is an Orange County case? (just thinking out loud)

Also, why would he ask the Judge to extend lunch til 1:00 p.m.? Did he think he could make it back by then from wherever he was going?

Perhaps Baez has something that would prevent him from staying in the courtroom - like vomiting or the runs. But couldn't CM take over?

Regardless - he better come back tomorrow with one heck of a Dr's note. :loser:

It would certainly be a heck of a note if JB filed an appeal to a higher court regarding a decision by HHJP, considering most of us are wondering how JB even passed the bar.

just my thoughts:
1)earlier this morning HHJP asked baez what he wanted to do? did he want to move? did he want to stay there... Baez responded by saying he wanted to get to work. He did not indicate he wanted to start all over.

2)baez is lead counsel and has to be present during jury selection

3)whatever matter that came up to pull him away from the courthouse was most likely personal in nature... moo (think sick family member, etc or something personal that needed to be taken care of

4)baez has enough cronies running around that courthouse that could file a motion while he continues interviewing clients. I am not buying that. WHAT COULD HE APPEAL ON? He was already asked this morning how he wanted to proceed and has already been afforded every benefit of the doubt under the law so far. No one has been sworn. He has used his strikes, etc.

5)maybe wherever he went at lunch (he did ask for 15 extra minutes) he got stuck and could not get back... court cannot go on without lead counsel in the room... that has already happened a few times where he was out of the room and hhjp said he would not start without lead counsel present.

so my vote: personal business that could be case related but not an appeal

((I gots a big hat... and can eat it later too if needed :-))

I guess this bombshell of a day is kind of fitting for a day when the moon is full...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy