2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you have no sympathy for someone just merely doing his job in defending his client no matter what the issue could be.
I have a lot of negative comments about Beaz myself at what he doing, but it it something like one of his kids, wife, mother, etc had something happen, then Beaz should be in our prayers.
We need not be as heartless as many had been throughout this whole thing.

With all due respect, we're not being heartless. We've dealt with a man with no heart, ethics, or morals for three years now. I do hope no one in his family is hurt, but the odds of this being a private family emergency are as likely as Casey being 100% innocent. Be lucky you've only dealt with him recently, seriously! Imagine three years of watching his carp!

Okay... JB was ready to "get to work" but also wanted another additional "15 minutes" like he had something he needed to do... actually left the courthouse... so he would have had to have known that he was having a "personal" matter at that moment. I don't know? I'm not buying it. Something is up!

I do hope that JB's family is okay though... Wouldn't want it to be anything serious. Isn't it a shame that JB's reputation is so ruined that no one trusts his word? Even if it is true?

While I think that Baez is slimy and was nasty in the past proceedings with the DA's, I have been impressed with his demeanor and ability to relate to the PJ's. I actually thought he was doing a good job.
I mean, I still hate him and all, but doubt she would fire him.:dunno:

Are his parents local? A private matter that can be cleared up in an afternoon so court can resume tomorrow - couldn't be an illness, or an accident. I hardly think if his DD fell and broke an arm would warrant him leaving court and anything more serious than that doesn't have a time table.

Of course that is assuming that JB was truthful in saying "private matter" and assuming it must have to do with his family.

I just don't know what to think.

So what happens tomorrow May 19, when JB needs to be at the Orange County Courthouse for pre-trial conference at 1:30 pm?

05/19/2011 Pre-Trial Conference (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer Jewett, Steve)
Trial Period: 06/06/11 to 06/16/11
05/19/2011 Reset by Court to 05/19/2011

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx

Court Calendar

Enter JB's name

Go to the case dated 2011. The last one.

Jose can say anything he wants and hellsbells he can even come in and say thank you for understanding and I am sorry for the inconvenience but my water heater exploded and had to rush and save my flooded house ... But if we see a Motion Filed we will know the truth ..

Ok so the 'personal matter' emergency is making more sense I suppose. Maybe he was trying to deal with it at lunch, which is why he ask for the extra 15 minutes. BUT, if there is an appeal filed with the Appeals Court my head (and JP's head) will explode.

Hi there Florida Native :wave:

:welcome:

Baez lies! He told the media that they were speculating about not having a jury consultant either. He said he was still on...yet, I don't see him there!

I know this for sure: Those people that have to come in for jury duty, the people that are waiting, be it in the room or by the phone for the phone call will not be happy.
Even though they do not know who or what is causing this mess, IMO they are gonna come out and sit on that stand with the hopes of being dimissed. They will not want to serve on that jury because it is only a small indication of what this trial will be like.

Anyone remember the OJ trial? I think I remember at some point the talking heads were discussing the the jurors were looking mighty tired of being there. 2 months IMO would be a bit long of being sequesterd from your normal every day life. It is a lot to ask of a person who is "doing their civil duty" has some have claimed they were willing to do. They are beign asked to visit family members on the weekends, get paid $10 a day and listen for several hours to testimony, and the members making their case. Someone is going to get cold feet and do something to get the heck out of there.

These people , the DT needs to get the show on the road or they will have jurors who have an attitude problem.

Truer words were never spoken,but they do get a whopping $30 a day,IIRC.

With all due respect, we're not being heartless. We've dealt with a man with no heart, ethics, or morals for three years now. I do hope no one in his family is hurt, but the odds of that being are true are as likely as Casey is 100% innocent. Be lucky you've only dealt with him recently, seriously! Imagine three years of watching his carp!

Again we don't know the whole story about today.
It what I heard was correct and it was a family emergancy, I would say it would a bit heartless to tar and feather Beaz over it even though he pretty much have the ethics on the same level of Jim Tressel.

From link:

The delay was puzzling because Perry has been pushing hard to move the process along. He's statements after lunch offered few clues about why he called it an early day.

"Mr. [Cheney] Mason, have you had an opportunity to discuss the matter with Miss Anthony? OK anything else you need to add?" Perry asked before adjourning court. "OK, this court will be in recess until tomorrow morning."

Anthony briefly wiped away tears after Perry's move and left the courtroom followed by a bailiff.

Reporters chased Mason out of the courthouse and he would only say: "We are not going to comment at this time" before jumping into a car.

I am starting to wonder if there IS some truth to Casey possibly having relieved Baez of further representation?

Couple of points...

1. Perry HAS been pushing hard to move this along and suspiciously did not look the least bit concerned or aggravated at losing half a day in this courtroom (or incoveniencing pj again!)

2. Baez made a hasty departure while media was all back in the courtroom awaiting court to begin again. Is THIS why Baez requested an additional 15 minutes when HHJP was adjourning court at 11:30? HHJP originally stated court would resume at 12:45 but Baez requested another 15 minutes...hmmm...

3. Baez' attempt at trying to stop public scrutiny or speculation by contacting Beth Karas...the IS reporter he has previously cuddled up to and leaked yet unfiled motions to....

4. WHY is Baez so concerned about public speculation NOW????!!!

I am wondering if this has been brewing between KC and Baez for a while and came to a head today.

Am curious if HHJP was notified that KC was no longer wanting Baez representation and that Baez was going to be filing a Motion to Withdraw expiditiously. In order to prevent an appealable issue, HHJP had no choice but to adjourn court for the day to allow Baez to file the motion so HHJP could grant, and court would resume tomorrow morning.

Would explain a lot....but just a guess like everyone else!:great:

So what happens tomorrow May 19, when JB needs to be at the Orange County Courthouse for pre-trial conference at 1:30 pm?

05/19/2011 Pre-Trial Conference (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer Jewett, Steve)
Trial Period: 06/06/11 to 06/16/11
05/19/2011 Reset by Court to 05/19/2011

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx

Court Calendar

Enter JB's name

Go to the case dated 2011. The last one.

You are a GREAT SLEUTHER

I just had someone tell me that 'Beach is torturing you guys by making you eat tofu?

:therethere:

If this was a family personal or emer, why would the judge not just say court was being recessed for one of those reasons? Would have created much less speculation IMO. Seems like it wouldnt have been that hard to say, I am sorry folks, defendants attorney has an emergency and we have to resume court in the morning.

Which leads me to think it must be something very important to the case, which they are trying to keep the media from knowing about, maybe due to tainted jurors?? Be a plea, or an appeal being filed etc.

:banghead:

If Baez has wasted the courts time and money on a simple "personal matter" then I have no more time to waste on him today, unless of course he was scheduled to appear before the Bar.

My thoughts exactly! Personal matter? Did he have to run to the bank - no ATM handy? Pick up his laundry or mail? Dentist appointment? I want to know EXACTLY what kind of personal matter and as a Florida tax payer I believe I'm entitled to an explanation as to why he's wasting the Court's time (and MY money) after JP expressed his opinions on this AGAIN just this morning.

Sorry for yelling. I'm enraged. If he's sick, he'd best be at death's door. If he had personal 'errands' to take care of, he better have a damned good reason. I demand an explanation!

I just had someone tell me that 'Beach is torturing you guys by making you eat tofu?

:therethere:

There was grits, pasties, and a salad bar earlier...I don't remember any tofu, though! :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CamSoup