2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah - just remember yesterday - when CM and JB and ICA requested to meet in private and they into some backroom. Remember that? hhhmmm..................

My thoughts exactly! Personal matter? Did he have to run to the bank - no ATM handy? Pick up his laundry or mail? Dentist appointment? I want to know EXACTLY what kind of personal matter and as a Florida tax payer I believe I'm entitled to an explanation as to why he's wasting the Court's time (and MY money) after JP expressed his opinions on this AGAIN just this morning.

Sorry for yelling. I'm enraged. If he's sick, he'd best be at death's door. If he had personal 'errands' to take care of, he better have a damned good reason. I demand an explanation!

Except there are some personal issues that should remain personal. If it has to do with a family member, who has no connection to this case beyond being related to JB, then I believe we should let that matter stay personal. That person's name and condition does not need to be spilled all over the media.

So what happens tomorrow May 19, when JB needs to be at the Orange County Courthouse for pre-trial conference at 1:30 pm?

05/19/2011 Pre-Trial Conference (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer Jewett, Steve)
Trial Period: 06/06/11 to 06/16/11
05/19/2011 Reset by Court to 05/19/2011

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx

Court Calendar

Enter JB's name

Go to the case dated 2011. The last one.

Could the private matter be that his blackberry calender just him an alert and he had to go back to request an extension?

Betcha one of the mods delicious meals he didn't think this trial (jury selection) would really start on the 9th and didn't clear his calender.

You guys know what is really scary??? We fuss and complain ad nauseum about the DT schmoozing the media, but at least we had some CLUE what was going on then! We could read straight through the carp they dished out. Now, with this gag order in place, we won't have anything to work on unless something is filed with the court.

What would've we done these past 3 years if the DT hadn't have fought the SA's original motion for a gag order? We'd all be in the nuthouse by now.

I am thinking maybe he or somebody in his household had maybe some tests run. Perhaps the results were not good and he needed some time with the family?"

Vuinnie P on HLN is saying that the same thing about Beth K being texted by JB saying its a private matter.

He's saying that most people are buying that its a "private matter" but there is still some speculation if that is the case.

HLN is currently reporting . . . quit speculating . . . not as exciting as you think . . . repeating Beth Karas msg from JB saying stop speculating. . . private matter . . . see you in the morning.

You guys know what is really scary??? We fuss and complain ad nauseum about the DT schmoozing the media, but at least we had some CLUE what was going on then! We could read straight through the carp they dished out. Now, with this gag order in place, we won't have anything to work on unless something is filed with the court.

What would've we done these past 3 years if the DT hadn't have fought the SA's original motion for a gag order? We'd all be in the nuthouse by now.

Wait, there's a gag order on now?

It could be, but from what I heard from one source, Beaz had a family emergancy. Don't know if that is true or not.

If Baez hadn’t been so deceiving and misleading on a regular basis throughout this entire ordeal more people might be able to find him believable.

i agree with the above post, and add that the Judge stated to JB that YOU have done a good job of representing your client. JB just glazed over the remark (which we all know is not like him)

Except there are some personal issues that should remain personal. If it has to do with a family member, who has no connection to this case beyond being related to JB, then I believe we should let that matter stay personal. That person's name and condition does not need to be spilled all over the media.
I agree ,but what I thought he said was that it was a private matter.That doesn't mean it was HIS or that it was a family emergency.Maybe I've missed something.
JB knows how to spin words.

I haven't even had a chance to even try and catch up on how court went yesterday. Had just tuned in right before lunch and caught some of what was going on this morning on insession reports. Was all ready to watch for the rest afternoon after lunch. Then boom, it was recessed. :maddening:

If this was a family personal or emer, why would the judge not just say court was being recessed for one of those reasons? Would have created much less speculation IMO. Seems like it wouldnt have been that hard to say, I am sorry folks, defendants attorney has an emergency and we have to resume court in the morning.

Which leads me to think it must be something very important to the case, which they are trying to keep the media from knowing about, maybe due to tainted jurors?? Be a plea, or an appeal being filed etc.

:banghead:

It has been MANY years, but if memory serves me correctly, during the OJ trial, one of the District Attys had a heart attack and it was unclear whether he could return (this was at beginning of trial), but it did NOT stop the trial....(he never came back)..

....and seems like I recall a specific day that Marcia Clark had a family emergency involving a young son, but court was not adjourned

I have visited many blogs today. On one blog there was talk about JB's wife expecting a baby soon? Has anyone heard that?

There was grits, pasties, and a salad bar earlier...I don't remember any tofu, though! :floorlaugh:

Hurry! Before everyone beats you to it! It is on p. 43!

Run!!! :floorlaugh:

I'd think Casey firing Baez is a private matter, until he files something saying his client fired his silly arse :) MOO.

After the "you're acting like a 2 year old" comment leaked casey has decided to be the CEO of her defense team and Fire her lead councel :)

Certainly wouldn't shock me.
Court could not continue If lead councel was fired. Baez would need to recuse himself first? Mason talking with casey (perhaps to double check that is what she truly wanted and not a heat of the moment decision)
Makes sense IMO

Maybe the lawyers would know how procedure went if this is the issue?

I do Not believe a plea is working myself but for those who do I can see ICA not wanting to go to a new bedroom, I think she wants to go back to her to her old cell where she has buddies (so she thinks)(get her mail and all) so she may well be ready to plea, and when the Judge talks of yet another location I think she doesn't want that.

Could the private matter be that his blackberry calender just him an alert and he had to go back to request an extension?

Betcha one of the mods delicious meals he didn't think this trial (jury selection) would really start on the 9th and didn't clear his calender.

I bet you're right! There was no notice of unavailability filed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CamSoup