2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe JB's personal matter is, he forgot to notice the court of his unavailability for another case and since he needs to be in Orange County for pre trial tomorrow he's high tailing it back to Orlando.

Not that I heard but HHJP did ask if they had discussed PJ'S seat 10 and 55. I think it was 55 .

What is up with them?

I really can't see Bristol being in the running.

http://www.city-data.com/county/Liberty_County-FL.html

I think perhaps it was a ruse. There is no way that Libery County is on par with Orange County.....my ownly thought is that they would have jurors come there from OUTSIDE Liberty County.

Yada yada yada . . . . . Why is that always the comeback no matter what food you are discussing? (ie: goose liver, cow liver, gizzards, rocky mountain oysters, duck, most any wild fowl or creature, etc . . . ) Just saying (no offense)

You left out GRITS :floorlaugh:

TO JB.......EVERYTHING is a private matter. KC's commissary order= private matter, JB's bar complaints= private matter, PUBLIC court proceeding=private matter.

A matter being "private" is relative.

Exactly. A lot of people are quoting it as him saying it was a personal matter and that's not what he said. He used the word PRIVATE matter.

He's up to something sinister.

I thought the gag order was only in place for the location of the jury selection? As far as the media is concerned, they even stated today that JB and CM have had no problem talking to them this week.

I may be wrong about it. That was how I interpreted HHJP's order, that once they started JS a gag order would be in place from that point forward.

Maybe y'all are right though. It could have just pertained to disclosing the JS location. Not sure??

Sorry if I posted any misinformation!

Wait - hold up here - we are running with "personal matter" (Even I just said it) BUT that's not what he said - he said "PRIVATE matter".

does it make a difference?

So what happens tomorrow May 19, when JB needs to be at the Orange County Courthouse for pre-trial conference at 1:30 pm?

05/19/2011 Pre-Trial Conference (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer Jewett, Steve)
Trial Period: 06/06/11 to 06/16/11
05/19/2011 Reset by Court to 05/19/2011

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/default.aspx

Court Calendar

Enter JB's name

Go to the case dated 2011. The last one.

Good job, this makes the most sense, with the whole gang looking at calendars during a side bar...CM might have had to brief ICA on why the delay and for her to agree to wait for JB.

Up til what time do we have when the courthouse closes and all motions, etc. have to be filed?

Hi Bern! :seeya:

If it truly is a private matter,I have sympathy for whoever is involved. This must be tough on his family.

OT,kinda,but I'm getting tired of staying angry and worked up. I want Justice for Caylee. ,but I hope I'm not selling part of my soul in the process .Staying so angry is toxic.I was recently diagnosed with an auto-immune disorder ,RA,and I can't help but wonder :waitasec: :iamashamed:

Hi MissJames! So sorry to hear about the RA, and stress will make it worse.

Relax, don't worry, Karma always wins in the end. I do think it is something to do with a family member or a test he had done and just wanted to go home and relay it to his family or wife.

I agree. However, if he or the Judge would have just explained that much I'd feel much better about it. Instead all we get is vague information. Honestly, it's as if he wanted all this speculation. Anything to garner more media attention, muddy the waters and stall. Nope, I'm not buying what he's trying to peddle.

Yes, but JBP is the one who left things vague...not JB. Maybe if it is truly a private family matter, JBP didn't want to say anything or give any ideas to the media of where to look for the reason. If JBP said private family matter, media would rush to check out all JB's family. KWIM?

Yes, but JBP is the one who left things vague...not JB. Maybe if it is truly a private family matter, JBP didn't want to say anything or give any ideas to the media of where to look for the reason. If JBP said private family matter, media would rush to check out all JB's family. KWIM?

I think the media is checking out his family anyway. I doubt a text from Baez will stop Kathi B!

He didn't have to use the word family - a personal emergency would have done. But without saying anything was even more explosive fueling the speculation fire.

JMO

To me, a private matter could be either professional or personal.

A personal matter would exclude professional.

The possibilities of this issue are endless! :sigh:

(On a more important note, why is there still all that tofu left?)

b/c tofu is from the devil?

He says Mr. Mason have u had an oppurtunity to discuss the matter with Ms. Anthony?? hmm

Well I'm thinking that HHJP knows what direction they are all heading and may need to look up some caselaw this afternoon to bolster his decisions and this may be why court was dismissed for the day. JB had some issues to take care that might take awhile so it may have given the judge an opportunity to prepare himself for tomorrow. jmo

It's 2 after 5...any actions on court dockets?

I think it's hiding the Grits.

OMG JVM saying she met JB several times and he is a wonderful guy and a great lawyer...never could stand her...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bleausky