2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. But, for the 5/19/11 Pre-Trial Conference, JB could have another attorney make a courtesy appearance for him. The matter of having someone else do the trial might be more problematic, but do-able with that client's consent.

Could be. But in many of my cases the Judge requires lead counsel to attend all PT conferences.

Another clip shot .. when Jose is speaking about I have done the best I can ..Then says I sure would like to go home to Orlando early today but....

http://www.wftv.com/video/27939403/index.html

I marked the time spot on video too..

I think I'm leaning with you. Everytime we almost think we've got it we hear something that we did'nt hear (LOL) such as gag order.

When IS was replaying this morning what I happened to miss, if you listen to JB it sounds like a good-bye speech. Were he goes on about how he is supposed to do the best for his client. Don't know where it is or when it was. I remember when I heard it replay I thought it sounded funny but also thought I was reading too much into it.

I don't think he quit , but I don't think he was fired either. I think they felt it was just the best move? who is they?

http://www.wftv.com/video/27939403/index.html

I marked the time spot on video too..
Attached Thumbnails

You guys know what is really scary??? We fuss and complain ad nauseum about the DT schmoozing the media, but at least we had some CLUE what was going on then! We could read straight through the carp they dished out. Now, with this gag order in place, we won't have anything to work on unless something is filed with the court.

What would've we done these past 3 years if the DT hadn't have fought the SA's original motion for a gag order? We'd all be in the nuthouse by now.

There's a gag order in place? When I asked for a recap earlier, no one mentioned a gag order...when did this happen? and who does it encompass?

Is there anything to what vinnie is saying on hln about some people seeing kc mouthing about getting a plea.

If so, if you know, can you point me in the right place to go see.

I am not sure if ICA said "plea" ...

But try this below and you will see ICA talking to CM.

http://www.wftv.com/video/27938803/index.html

Oh ... it's at the 11:25 mark where ICA is "mouthing" to CM.

I'm behind you guys again. Just heard this potential juror who is asked "Do you want to be on this jury?". He than asks the attorney "Why not?". I guess he did not get the idea that the questions are for him or didn't know how to respond. I know this question is difficult to answer because if you want to be on the jury you probably do not want to act too excited, since the lawyers will think you just are motivated for selfish reasons. If you just say "I think it will be interesting"...it probably means you do not how to explain why. Its probably best to say "I just want to serve because its my civic duty". If you do not want to serve at all, you should say the opposite of what you really want perhaps. Anyone have any opinions on this subject.

Just got back to my desk after doctor's appt.....are we still talking food?
Man, that server issue earlier made me CRAZAZZY

Thanks ... I am trying to watch it ...

I think HLN is reading here -- :floorlaugh: :great::great::great:

HLN discussing the words ICA "mouthed" today to CM ... you'll heard about it earlier -- the words "do it" ...

Vinnie said that ICA's comment was all over the internet today ... that's why I think they are reading here ...

I hope I got this right ... if not, please correct me. Thank You.

YES THEY ARE BECAUSE THEY KNOW WE ARE THE SCHNIZZLE..
sO MANY TIMES WE POST AND A MATTER OF A FEW MINUTES ITS ON THE AIR...
That is why I refuse to to post about ICA hands or fidgets any longe
r

Who is Lisabeth Fryer? This attorney is just there to argue for the defense for certain laws?

There's a gag order in place? When I asked for a recap earlier, no one mentioned a gag order...when did this happen? and who does it encompass?

Gag order? really? about time I guess.

Hmm - would it be a private matter if ICA fired JB and HHJP asked her to think it over overnight and give the court her decision in the morning?

That sounds like a more likely scenario to me if JB says it is "private" right now. So unlike him because he is such a media hound at every and I do mean every opportunity.

Well shoot! We've got nothing better to do than to speculate, so I'll play! :cheer:

If this is the case, I don't think it has to do with giving Casey time to think about it overnight. IF she fired JB, this could be a huge detour for CM and the rest of the DT. I KNOW that Baez planned on giving the opening argument. He said so himself - promised us we'd have that "AHA!" moment within the first 3 minutes. No matter how well you know the case, you don't just draft one of those in a few hours or overnight. Those are usually a work in progress over weeks. CM would need some headspace and time to come up with something... And yes, I'm aware we are still a few days away from opening arguments, but if JB WAS fired, I can see HHJP feeling compassion for the rest of the DT to get ready in 3 days.

eta: I am NOT in any way suggesting it would delay the trial. Just that HHJP would have some empathy for the DT.

Thanks all for posting that video of when Judge Perry adjourns until tomorrow. He looks pretty angry to me, too.

I apologize if this has been asked and answered because I have been either kicked off or just off and on for the past couple of hours But....

Do we know if Baez actually left the County and returned to Orlando or is he just sitting in his hotel room sulking and texting??

Enquiring mind wants to know..

I don't know! Sorry guys. I may have misinterpreted his order.

I posted a few pages back my interpretation, but I could be WRONG!

Others interpreted it differently than I did, so not sure.

Who is Lisabeth Fryer? This attorney is just there to argue for the defense for certain laws?

"Her name is Lisabeth Fryer. She is a brand new attorney (became atty. on 4/15/11). She is an Environmental lawyer and is from Mason's office.

I saw that on the wftv.com live blog earlier today." From IS message Board

I did a google search just put her name in GOOGLE

Judge Perry looked fine to me. Baez says Court will start again at 8:30 a.m. tomorrow. It was a personal matter. I don't think it is anything other than that.

Well shoot! We've got nothing better to do than to speculate, so I'll play! :cheer:

If this is the case, I don't think it has to do with giving Casey time to think about it overnight. IF she fired JB, this could be a huge detour for CM and the rest of the DT. I KNOW that Baez planned on giving the opening argument. He said so himself - promised us we'd have that "AHA!" moment within the first 3 minutes. No matter how well you know the case, you don't just draft one of those in a few hours or overnight. Those are usually a work in progress over weeks. CM would need some headspace and time to come up with something... And yes, I'm aware we are still a few days away from opening arguments, but if JB WAS fired, I can see HHJP feeling compassion for the rest of the DT to get ready in 3 days.

eta: I am NOT in any way suggesting it would delay the trial. Just that HHJP would have some empathy for the DT.

Ya don't suppose a fired Baez would share his opening AHA with the team survivors?

why would JB send BK a text (or e-mail) asking her to stop speculating. Last I checked, the media can speculate all they want!

Jeeeezzzz....

Mel

why would JB send BK a text (or e-mail) asking her to stop speculating. Last I checked, the media can speculate all they want!

Jeeeezzzz....

Mel
Like I said before I am convinced ..Speculations have hit the nail on the head and he doesn't want anything to takeaway from his TaDa moment tomorrow ..Don't Steal my Thunder Moment

Just got back to my desk after doctor's appt.....are we still talking food?
Man, that server issue earlier made me CRAZAZZY

Yes, we are still talking about food, I love tofu, one of my faves! The complimentary water, well, as soon as it 100 degrees I find I love that too.

I feel sorry for the server.

I bet nothing important is going on with JB and we were all just jonesing for something about the case to look into. Boy are we hooked! But I still don't trust him.

Judge P has an honorary voice or picture in my space daily!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand