2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well shoot! We've got nothing better to do than to speculate, so I'll play! :cheer:

If this is the case, I don't think it has to do with giving Casey time to think about it overnight. IF she fired JB, this could be a huge detour for CM and the rest of the DT. I KNOW that Baez planned on giving the opening argument. He said so himself - promised us we'd have that "AHA!" moment within the first 3 minutes. No matter how well you know the case, you don't just draft one of those in a few hours or overnight. Those are usually a work in progress over weeks. CM would need some headspace and time to come up with something... And yes, I'm aware we are still a few days away from opening arguments, but if JB WAS fired, I can see HHJP feeling compassion for the rest of the DT to get ready in 3 days.

eta: I am NOT in any way suggesting it would delay the trial. Just that HHJP would have some empathy for the DT.

So why couldn't Mason use Baez's opening statements? Surely he has a copy and has been rehearsing it with him by now. And it is Mason who has been blabbing all over the media for weeks now claiming this was an accident...

I just noticed something.......we keep getting stuck at 11 jurors.

Does everyone remember GA's request that people look up at the sky at 11A and 11P and think of Caylee?

Just funny that we are stuck at 11.

Ewwwwwwwww Beach. And here I thought you loved us! :(

:D

I do! :heartluv:

All this drama today! :dramaqueen:

I was looking out for our tummies. Didn't want to serve up anything spicy. I'll look around for something else... I don't want my peeps to be hungry. :hug:

Originally Posted by Solace [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6510343#post6510343"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]
Judge Perry looked fine to me. Baez says Court will start again at 8:30 a.m. tomorrow. It was a personal matter. I don't think it is anything other than that.

I just to clear up this .. "it was a personal matter IS NOT A QUOTE FROM THE JUDGE ....
You know people will start saying the judge said that LOL

OK - just read up on the news feed thread that JB texted a reporter to say he was absent due to a personal matter, stop the speculation and jury selection will resume in the morning at 8:30 a.m.

How does he have a reporters number to text?

Where is the gag order stuff coming from? This is new to me.

2nd thing, I think it is really a "personal matter of some sort". I can believe JB screwed on his dates with another case to be at and forgot to chage it. He has showed us often how he can "forget" so easy.

On the ICA crying matter,
When she was arrested for the murder charge she was wearing eye glasses.
First time that I know of we seen her in glasses. I have not since then seen her in glasses. Does she wear contacts?
As a very long contact wearer, you can have all kind of issues with contact. If your mascara has a clump in it, it can agitate your eyes. Constant pulling at eye or eye lash. Something in eye, irritates eye more when wearing contacts. Rubbing eye to adjust contact. Just some things to throw out there about her rubbing, wiping eyes.
also being in a AC room and no fresh air makes contacts dry.

So why couldn't Mason use Baez's opening statements? Surely he has a copy and has been rehearsing it with him by now. And it is Mason who has been blabbing all over the media for weeks now claiming this was an accident...

Mason would know better than to use JB's opening statement, he hopefully has crafted his own. :crazy:

I really wish that some wise person would sit Casey down and explain to her that this trial is not going to go away. No matter how many times her DT tries to delay it will eventually happen. The state is not going to go through all of this and then decide that they will just drop the charges. Casey is going to be found guilty or not guilty by a jury or by a judge. Period. If the DT is reading here then you need to stop the crap. We all know that she will not plea, she thinks that she can be found innocent. Cut the crap, pick a jury and get on with it!!

Yesterday I heard a potential juror being asked if he knows Roy Kronk. When attorneys ask such particular questions, I noticed they usually know the answer. Anyone know why he was asked this.

Well shoot! We've got nothing better to do than to speculate, so I'll play! :cheer:

If this is the case, I don't think it has to do with giving Casey time to think about it overnight. IF she fired JB, this could be a huge detour for CM and the rest of the DT. I KNOW that Baez planned on giving the opening argument. He said so himself - promised us we'd have that "AHA!" moment within the first 3 minutes. No matter how well you know the case, you don't just draft one of those in a few hours or overnight. Those are usually a work in progress over weeks. CM would need some headspace and time to come up with something... And yes, I'm aware we are still a few days away from opening arguments, but if JB WAS fired, I can see HHJP feeling compassion for the rest of the DT to get ready in 3 days.

eta: I am NOT in any way suggesting it would delay the trial. Just that HHJP would have some empathy for the DT.

I agree with you, BUT.....I would imagine that CM would have a much easier time writing an opening statement than Baez would...

Let's see.....CM has taken HOW MANY clients to trial and presented an opening statement?

And Baez has taken HOW MANY clients to trial and presented an opening statement? (HINT: I know of 2....most of his cases end in plea deals)

I think CM would have NO PROBLEM with this task...

I do! :heartluv:

All this drama today! :dramaqueen:

I was looking out for our tummies. Didn't want to serve up anything spicy. I'll look around for something else... I don't want my peeps to be hungry. :hug:

Well if you serve anymore of that stuff I'll be a dancing diva just like Jose apparently is!

Do we have a smiley for explosive troubles???:innocent:

Hi Jose :seeya: - sorry about all my speculating if you are reading along...okay so I'm a liar....

I doubt Mason would want to use Baez's opening argument. ;)

It isn't really like a motion or something like that. The attorney who is going to present it, needs to draft it himself (for the most part). It is more a personal presentation type thing.

All the ado about JB having a personal matter, and court being let out early is going to make everyone crazy.

Someone said "maybe it's something with his wife". Well I thought Baez and wife were divorcing or divorced?

Remember in the early days of Casey and JB, there was a sexual tension between those two. You know how Casey sexualizes every stinking person she reacts with. Now maybe she is ready to turn on JB and say the kinds of things she said about her dad and brother?

I almost started liking JB when he told Casey to quit acting like a two year old. Even though her dead daughter was a two year old.

Sorry to be "dumb", but if she took a plea, what would it be exactly? I cannot picture her sitting through the trial, facing up to her "friends", what all she did, the 31 days of sex, drink, dancing, peeing in a parking lot, etc.

But, I really think she should face up to it. I have fantasies of Casey's mom going berzerk and being put in the slammer too!.

Any sentence that begins with, "Jose Baez says" should be approached with great caution.:floorlaugh:

why would JB send BK a text (or e-mail) asking her to stop speculating. Last I checked, the media can speculate all they want!

Jeeeezzzz....

Mel

I'll bite.....maybe because he feels like Beth "owes him" since he leaked all those "early release/not yet filed" motions to her and expects HER to try and deflect any speculation that may be close to target????

Yesterday I heard a potential juror being asked if he knows Roy Kronk. When attorneys ask such particular questions, I noticed they usually know the answer. Anyone know why he was asked this.

He wanted to know if he knew Kronk because both Roy Kronk's son and this man were in the coast guard, and did they know each other. Or else it is the son's roommate who is in the coast guard - I was never clear about. The PJ had been in the coast guard also.

I will be very surprised if this delay has anything to do with Baez' other case. Surely, he has been in touch with his office during his time away from Orlando and has someone in place who will handle tomorrow's pre-trial hearing. jmo

One way for the DT to not have to ADMIT there IS NO..."AHA! Monment" is to cut JB loose. No JB...NO "AHA! Monment"!!!
:floorlaugh::great::floorlaugh::great::floorlaugh::great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member