2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Judge Perry married? NG said he went back home this afternoon....

Leonard P said there is no way that ICA will be found guilty of first degree murder

Yes, he is married.

Surely you are not taking a word out of ole Leonard's mouth that he has said for the last 2.5 years as being on this side of reality - are you?

Cause it that was true I'd be in the bathroom shaving my legs getting ready for the rapture on Saturday!

[/B]

Yes, he is married.

Surely you are not taking a word out of ole Leonard's mouth that he has said for the last 2.5 years as being on this side of reality - are you?

Cause it that was true I'd be in the bathroom shaving my legs getting ready for the rapture on Saturday!

Heck no, I was just surprised he said that. He is one strange character :)

For some reason I thought he was single, now I know better. Thanks

I had a thought during dinner.

I didn't follow all this when it came up. I've gone to the Florida Bar page and can't really find anything there.

Didn't JB have grievances / complaints whatever filed against him with the Bar? Could the Bar have ruled on these and possibly yanked his license?

On The Bar website it still says he's elegible to practice but wouldn't it take a day or two to post those and he was called in court or the judge was called?

Could someone that followed these complaints weigh in here. Did those get resolved?

I asked that question here earlier wise old owl and no one responded. I recall Bill S. saying there was something in front of the Bar and we were all flapping around wondering if it would delay the start of this trial - but Bill S. assured the general public that it probably wouldn't even be heard before the trial finished, let alone a decision released.

Had to let you all know that dinner tonight consisted of eggs & grits, :)

So .... is it 8:30 am Eastern time yet????

:waiting::waiting::waiting:

If Leonard P turns out to be right this one time, I will eat his cowboy hat.

:silly::silly::silly:

Snort ... Sorry that last line just made me laugh out loud.

Is Judge Perry married? NG said he went back home this afternoon....

There was a shorter better article out there but I can't find it

http://www.orlandomagazine.com/Orlando-Magazine/April-2011/Order-in-His-Court/

Perry knows how it feels to be isolated, and not just because his profession dictates a certain level of exclusion from the public. While growing up in Orlando, he wasn’t allowed to even buy a hotdog at the downtown Woolworth. As an 8-year-old boy sitting where he shouldn’t on a city bus, the sting of prejudice was delivered with a backhand.
<modsnip>.

Except for a two-year hiatus, Belvin Perry Jr. has been chief judge of the 9th Judicial Circuit since 1995. He oversaw the construction of this building, and particularly Courtroom 23 (officially the Roger A. Barker Courtroom)

http://www.wftv.com/news/23211421/detail.html

Chief Perry is the go-to judge for problematic criminal cases in Orange and Osceola counties and Casey's case has become one. Judge Perry has an extraordinary record; almost always, what he says goes.Circuit Judge Perry has been chief judge for almost 13 years. Over the last ten years, in the many criminal cases he's heard, some of which have been death penalty cases, only one of his rulings was partially overturned by a higher court.WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer says that's a phenomenal record“The likelihood that Judge Perry will either allow a mistake to happen or be drawn into committing some reversible error himself is slight,” Sheaffer said (watch full interview).Chief Judge Perry gets the tough ones. He's taken over the Casey Anthony murder case 20 months into it. There are almost 14,000 pages worth of evidence so far.Perry took over the case involving a homeless man's murder after another judge allowed the suspect to get out of jail on bond. He's heard numerous death penalty cases. Last year, he sent two young men to prison for the rest of their lives for murdering Orlando police officer Al Gordon.Perry, a former prosecutor and the son of an Orlando police officer, is respected by prosecutors and defense attorneys and, Sheaffer said, Perry's no-nonsense approach could change the tone of Casey's case.“He sets a tone of authority in his courtroom. No one ever questions who's in charge once you walk into Judge Perry's courtroom,” Sheaffer said.Sheaffer expects Judge Perry to tighten up the proceedings. He remembers Perry once cutting off a wordy lawyer in court by saying, ‘Don't give me the whole bushel of oysters, just give me the pearls.”Subtle humor, but Perry made his point.

I definitely caught kc saying "and thats a/the problem", "Just do it" and "I want it done"

I caught her saying all of those things as well. She also says "where is he?"

When she is blabbing to AF early on she says something about "Last June" and AF full on rolls her eyes about it.

I am leaning toward she is ticked at JB and she is over him representing her....

I also don't think she was crying at all. She was just preening her lashes... She strutted out of the courtroom feeling all in charge and special as usual!!

http://www.wftv.com/news/23211421/detail.html

Chief Perry is the go-to judge for problematic criminal cases in Orange and Osceola counties and Casey's case has become one. Judge Perry has an extraordinary record; almost always, what he says goes.Circuit Judge Perry has been chief judge for almost 13 years. Over the last ten years, in the many criminal cases he's heard, some of which have been death penalty cases, only one of his rulings was partially overturned by a higher court.WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer says that's a phenomenal record“The likelihood that Judge Perry will either allow a mistake to happen or be drawn into committing some reversible error himself is slight,” Sheaffer said (watch full interview).Chief Judge Perry gets the tough ones. He's taken over the Casey Anthony murder case 20 months into it. There are almost 14,000 pages worth of evidence so far.Perry took over the case involving a homeless man's murder after another judge allowed the suspect to get out of jail on bond. He's heard numerous death penalty cases. Last year, he sent two young men to prison for the rest of their lives for murdering Orlando police officer Al Gordon.Perry, a former prosecutor and the son of an Orlando police officer, is respected by prosecutors and defense attorneys and, Sheaffer said, Perry's no-nonsense approach could change the tone of Casey's case.“He sets a tone of authority in his courtroom. No one ever questions who's in charge once you walk into Judge Perry's courtroom,” Sheaffer said.Sheaffer expects Judge Perry to tighten up the proceedings. He remembers Perry once cutting off a wordy lawyer in court by saying, ‘Don't give me the whole bushel of oysters, just give me the pearls.”Subtle humor, but Perry made his point.

Leave it to ICA and JB to be the first:banghead:

DH asked what we were having for dinner tonight...told him "its a private matter"....it went over about as well as JB's statement.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I think the mac & cheese is gone, but you are welcome to some leftover tofu.... :cheer:

Nevermind. On second thought, probably not such a good idea.

IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ence-commission-chief-judge-new-chief-justice

Innocence Commission formed

Belvin Perry, Gary Siplin are members

July 02, 2010|By Rene Stutzman, Sentinel Staff Writer
The new chief justice of the Florida Supreme Court on Friday formally created the Innocence Commission -- a panel of judges, lawyers and others to study why Florida courts have wrongly convicted at least a dozen people only to see them exonerated years later.
The panel won't investigate cases of people still in prison who claim to be innocent. Instead, it will look at those who have been exonerated and what went wrong.
New Chief Justice Charles Canady ordered the panel to propose reforms and also changes in the law.
It is to issue an interim report in one year, a final report in two.
The commission has 23 members, including Belvin Perry Jr., chief judge for Orange and Osceola counties; Preston Silvernail, chief judge of Seminole-Brevard; State Attorney Brad King, who serves five counties, including Lake; Gerald Bailey, commissioner of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement; and state Sen. Gary Siplin, D- Orlando.

pixel.gif

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I think the mac & cheese is gone, but you are welcome to some leftover tofu.... :cheer:

Nevermind. On second thought, probably not such a good idea.

Good plan Beach, we at WS are separated into three groups, those who didn't know what it was and tried some, and are :sick:, those few who actually like the weird stuff,:woohoo: and this huge crowd over here who have tasted the durn stuff and knew a whole lot better than to humor you.:floorlaugh:

Ours consisted of a big pan of Mac & Cheese & Ham...:giggle: ...really!

We had potato chips and milk. But that's cuz our new kitchen floor is not ready to walk on, couldn't get to the bread, the refrig is in the dining room, and we could drink the milk out of the jug. Since the glasses are in the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila