2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sorry I did not realize we had a GO TO THREAD ABOUT OUR BELOVED JUDGE PERRY !!!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132179"]Order in the Court -a profile of Judge Perry - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

---------------------
I LOVE THIS .....
I sure wish ICA would read this info ..

Snipped from above article n this thread

When she came through the door, her head was completely shaved, which is a shock in itself because you are used to seeing a woman with all of her hair. There were two guards on either side of her, and I noticed they were dragging her in. You could tell she was terrified. She kept her eyes closed the entire time.”

They ushered Buenoano to the chair and began to methodically strap her in. One of the straps broke, and was immediately replaced. She was the first woman ever to sit in that chair. The warden read the warrant and checked for any last-minute reprieve.

“You hear the generator rev up, and then that first shot of electricity,’’ Perry says. “At that first jolt, the body jumps and you see the steam coming out of her head and off of her ankles. There’s a second jolt, and then a doctor goes over and listens to make sure she’s deceased. And then there’s that lifeless body there. . . .

“I thought a lot on the way home about what she had done—how she had murdered her husband, murdered her own son, murdered her common-law husband, and tried to murder her fiancé, not once, but twice….You just wonder what makes people do such horrible things to other people.”

When asked about his goals for the Anthony case, Perry says only that they’re the same as for any trial: Ensure the defendant gets a fair trial, watch the budget and avoid making any glaring errors. He is quick to add that one life has already been lost, and another is on
the line.

There was a shorter better article out there but I can't find it

http://www.orlandomagazine.com/Orlando-Magazine/April-2011/Order-in-His-Court/

Perry knows how it feels to be isolated, and not just because his profession dictates a certain level of exclusion from the public. While growing up in Orlando, he wasn’t allowed to even buy a hotdog at the downtown Woolworth. As an 8-year-old boy sitting where he shouldn’t on a city bus, the sting of prejudice was delivered with a backhand.
<modsnip>.

Except for a two-year hiatus, Belvin Perry Jr. has been chief judge of the 9th Judicial Circuit since 1995. He oversaw the construction of this building, and particularly Courtroom 23 (officially the Roger A. Barker Courtroom)

Here is a thread on JP. Hope this helps.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102148&highlight=belvin+perry

There was a shorter better article out there but I can't find it

http://www.orlandomagazine.com/Orlando-Magazine/April-2011/Order-in-His-Court/

Perry knows how it feels to be isolated, and not just because his profession dictates a certain level of exclusion from the public. While growing up in Orlando, he wasn’t allowed to even buy a hotdog at the downtown Woolworth. As an 8-year-old boy sitting where he shouldn’t on a city bus, the sting of prejudice was delivered with a backhand.
<modsnip>.

Except for a two-year hiatus, Belvin Perry Jr. has been chief judge of the 9th Judicial Circuit since 1995. He oversaw the construction of this building, and particularly Courtroom 23 (officially the Roger A. Barker Courtroom)

What an accomplished man in every sense of the word. It is fitting that he is the one seeing that Caylee has justice.

It's getting closer.
12 hours. Take a nap and when you wake up. volia! There it will be!

Good Grief - this morning on the West Coast I woke up at 4:05 waiting for the big 5:30am moment Orlando time - just cannot wait :crazy: to see what time I wake up tomorrow morning.....:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: between not sleeping and jumping up to start my lunges when Finnell is speaking I seriously think I've gone a little bonkers.

Memo re: DD's - do not invite them over this weekend as I believe they have the power to commit.

Good Grief - this morning on the West Coast I woke up at 4:05 waiting for the big 5:30am moment Orlando time - just cannot wait :crazy: to see what time I wake up tomorrow morning.....:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: between not sleeping and jumping up to start my lunges when Finnell is speaking I seriously think I've gone a little bonkers.

Memo to DD's - do not invite them over this weekend as I believe they have the power to commit.

That made me laugh so hard I cried. :great:

We had potato chips and milk. But that's cuz our new kitchen floor is not ready to walk on, couldn't get to the bread, the refrig is in the dining room, and we could drink the milk out of the jug. Since the glasses are in the kitchen.

Where do you keep the ham 'o tofu? In the clothes closet on the high shelf? I thought you were snacking on some earlier....

Where do you keep the ham 'o tofu? In the clothes closet on the high shelf? I thought you were snacking on some earlier....

It's in the stockpile for Saturday in case the Rapture doesn't go off.:floorlaugh:

We had potato chips and milk. But that's cuz our new kitchen floor is not ready to walk on, couldn't get to the bread, the refrig is in the dining room, and we could drink the milk out of the jug. Since the glasses are in the kitchen.

Sorry I missed this meal, sounds yummy! :crazy:

It's in the stockpile for Saturday in case the Rapture doesn't go off.:floorlaugh:

You are too funny Strawberry!!! I have to go and do some grocery shopping while I can still haul myself out of this chair. Much longer and there will be no issue getting out of bed in the morning - I'll already be here.

Not sure if it holds weight, but a judge on HLN a little bit ago said No way would HHJP let JB go now. Said he could murder someone this week and he'll still be trying this case.

Actually what he said was that Baez could murder a two year old child and he'd still be trying this case. :eek: I 'bout fell outta my seat! I think that was Judge Alex and I don't think he even had a clue re: his faux pas. Oopsy!

I just remembered, I have a 1 pm hair appt tomorrow
And I really need to go, but I don't want toooooooooooooooooooooo! :(

Orlando Sentinel reports Baez was seen smiling with other DT AFTER he sent the text to the media. I guess he handled the private matter from Clearwater ...?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,2431463.story

This is what I got when I clicked on link WTH
:(
Forbidden

Your client is not allowed to access the requested object.

But I found this ..LOL !!
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-casey-anthony-trial-logistics-20110514,0,4911881.story

How you can see the Casey Anthony trial in person

About 50 daily seating passes will be distributed to the public each day during the trial expected to last 6 to 8 weeks.

This thread has been a place to blow off steam for many folks today.

We do not mean that to indicate that there is any change in the etiquette rules or that WS expects any less from posters when it comes to treating one another with respect.

Please review the TOS if needed.

Where this post falls is random.

This is what I got when I clicked on link WTH
:(
Forbidden

Your client is not allowed to access the requested object.

I can't see it either but I sure hope someone sends JP this link

I'm hoping to give you all a little chuckle.
I was kinda glad that J/S was canceled this afternoon as I had a Dr's appointment. All went well until I stepped off the curb after my appointment, I fell. Yes, in front of God and everybody else. I hurt my ankle and skinned up my knee. Pretty darn sore right now. There's a bar right next door to the clinic and I told the ladies who had come to my rescue "I swear I didn't come out of there". So I went to MC D's got me an iced mocha and darned if I didn't drop the dang thing trying to get in my gate. I think that's what I get for being glad that this afternoon's session was canceled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pastureraisedoffroadpoke