2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my thoughts, and I ask that you not debate them as I think they are personal issues that if true have no need to be debated publicly. It is my understanding his wife is pregnant and I think it might have something to do with that.

Otherwise, there is no other reason that would require him to drive back to Kissimmee; not a plea, not a "misdemeanor pretrial conference," not being fired (there would have to be a hearing on that before he left town), not being sick (Ann Finnell powered through her cold), not anything but a legitimate personal matter.

And as far as I am concerned, if Judge Perry took it serious enough to break for the day, then I accept that and need no further explanation from Mr. Baez as to how legitimate it was or was not.

Understood.

Here are my thoughts, and I ask that you not debate them as I think they are personal issues that if true have no need to be debated publicly. It is my understanding his wife is pregnant and I think it might have something to do with that.

Otherwise, there is no other reason that would require him to drive back to Kissimmee; not a plea, not a "misdemeanor pretrial conference," not being fired (there would have to be a hearing on that before he left town), not being sick (Ann Finnell powered through her cold), not anything but a legitimate personal matter.

And as far as I am concerned, if Judge Perry took it serious enough to break for the day, then I accept that and need no further explanation from Mr. Baez as to how legitimate it was or was not.

Seems like a likely explanation. Thanks for the input on that. What's your opinion on whether a jury will be seated in the next couple of days and opening statements starting on Monday? Likely to happen or not?

Otherwise, there is no other reason that would require him to drive back to Kissimmee; not a plea, not a "misdemeanor pretrial conference," not being fired (there would have to be a hearing on that before he left town), not being sick (Ann Finnell powered through her cold), not a trademark dispute with George and Cindy, not anything but a legitimate personal matter.

Respectfully -
He didn't drive back to Kissimmee. He was seen at 3:30 (court was recessed at 1:10) in a parking lot of a hotel near the Pinellas courthouse. If it was the type of emergency you allude to, then wouldn't he have been long gone? That amount of time - he would have already been back there.

I just read your Blog, Mr. H .. didn't know JB's wife was expecting, certainly hope all is well in that matter!

WOW! Prayers for her and her little one. Can you even imagine the stress she must be under? As much as JB bugs me, I wish his family no ill will!

Respectfully -
He didn't drive back to Kissimmee. He was seen at 3:30 (court was recessed at 1:10) in a parking lot of a hotel near the Pinellas courthouse. If it was the type of emergency you allude to, then wouldn't he have been long gone? That amount of time - he would have already been back there.

We did hear that Judge Perry made the trip home. Right?

If CJBP had an opportunity to go back to OC for a night, even if he had to get up early to come to Pinellas, I won't grudge him (or anyone else) that.

I ask on the lawyer thread for input on the reason and the answer I got was it was not and appeal so I think this may just be the first time we will have to wait for court tomorrow to get the answer. Who woulda ever thought you would not see it here first.:)

good to see a few familiar faces today, tonight (and some new ones too :)

This chick is off to her Pile-O-Pups!

G'night all ...

Respectfully -

I don't think that's necessarily true. It depends on what the pregnancy related emergency was. If JB wife was in labor, there may have been more time for him to get his things together and get back or maybe it was a rush and she called him back and told him to take his time because _________. I mean, anything really.

good to see a few familiar faces today, tonight (and some new ones too :)

This chick is off to her Pile-O-Pups!

G'night all ...

Right back at-cha!!!:seeya:

Maybe he left Pinellas right after the media text when he was seen in the car at 3:30.

Otherwise, there is no other reason that would require him to drive back to Kissimmee; not a plea, not a "misdemeanor pretrial conference," not being fired (there would have to be a hearing on that before he left town), not being sick (Ann Finnell powered through her cold), not a trademark dispute with George and Cindy, not anything but a legitimate personal matter.

rbbm: Thank you, that is how I feel about all of HHJPs actions and explanations. Although I have to say my sleutherside wants to really know. :innocent:

Respectfully -
He was also seen in that car with the rest of the DT sharing an amusing conversation.
Now that doesn't seem like a man worried about a personal problem.

Having said that, I do hope his family is okay :smile:

<snipped>
"After that, Baez was spotted smiling with other defense attorneys in his car outside a hotel near the Pinellas County Courthouse."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-trial-week-two-wedne20110518,0,2431463.story

Ya'll save my jury seat here I'm in chair #4 be back in the morning. G'Nite

I haven't read this whole thread yet. Just a guess that this is all another strategy.. possibly the little tiff between ICA & JB is an act.. and JB rode it out with the jury selection to a point where she would fired him. I'm just thinking back to the other attorney that suggested some sort of insanity type of plea (can't recall the term used) that JB would not go along with.

Is it even possible at this point for ICA to suggest that she was not properly advised and then enter a new plea with the remaining attorneys?

I remember that ICA at some point wrote or said that JB was going to get her a mistrial?

Sorry I missed this meal, sounds yummy! :crazy:

I put together a pot of chili thinking that if I made enough to last two days I wouldn't have to cook tomorrow and could devote the day to watching what unfolds in this case.

Well..............it seems I put waaaaaaay too much chili powder in it! I had smoke coming out my ears! But, hubby loves it.........he likes hot and spicy.

So, at least he's got something he can eat and likes. I'm sticking to a sandwich tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove