2011.05.19 Jury Selection DAY TEN (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No challenges for either side. 5 minute bio break.

3016 seat number 58.

What says the defense? did not hear
What says the state? did not hear

Five minute comfort break.

I was right, she's going to try her goo goo eyes on this juror, otherwise why would defense keep a relative of an FBI agent??????

Gee we are now taking 5-10 minute "comfort" breaks every hour it seems. Did HHJP have a lot of coffee this morning, or is this in consideration of Mason whining?

ICA is looking nervous. This is getting real!

3016 retained (13 jurors). Here's an update.

8 jurors remain to be questioned.

ETA: 7 men; 6 women.

Seat #1: 1340 first guy up that took forever (7 y/o daughter)
Seat #? : 1398 crisis counselor
Seat #8: 1019 computer guy with nurse wife
Seat# 10: 1055 nursing student with the rat terrier
Seat#11: 1319 older AA lady had a challenge by state that was denied
Seat#24: 1429 long grey haired lady that had a dui
Seat#29: 1025 chef with 2 young kids
Seat#31: 1007 giggly lady defense challenge denied
Seat#46: 3308 He had baseball tickets to see the Milwaukee Brewers, but canceled them because of the jury selection. "I've got a good life. I'd rather not interrupt it," he said.
Seat#49 : 3015 Female, no hrdshp; no family or financial; medical, needs labwork done once for kidney transplant; HHJP asks about "any" lab and there's no problem; will be pd by work, born in Warren Ohio
Seat#53: 3185 Male, Jim (he mentioned his name in court), 53, no hardships, has plane tickets to leave Thursday. Currently unemployed, enjoys photography.
Seat#56 :3310 Male, likes old tv shows, not a big tv watcher. No twitter, has FB account. For the DP. 57 years old and single. He has no children. He has a brother and a sister. Has a degree in business administration.
Seat#58: 3016, reads the St. Pete Times, young white male, teacher, has FB account, thinks ICA is guilty, but could put it aside. Having a hard time deciding on the DP.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Excused for cause: Seat 57, #3025 (Hardship)
Excused for cause: Seat 59, #3317 (Hardship)
Excused for cause: Seat 62, #3340 (Hardship)
Excused for cause: Seat 65, #3309 (Hardship)
Excused for cause: 3131 (ICA Guilty)

When I served, I do recall not putting all that much deep thought into filling out mine. I remembered things after I filled it out while I was sitting and waiting...then it was too late. They picked me anyway

Yeah, I would totally screw up my questionaire too, I'm sure.

I'm telling ya.. This guy is gonna end up writing the book.

I really like him...and not just cause he's hot:great:

For the life of me I cannot understand why the defendant has the right to remain silent....Again, I know it's our justice system but that just does not sit well with me.................................I feel the SA should be able to question the defendant about anything they want........if they are INNOCENT, they have nothing to hide......I would certainly want to clear myself and talk to the jury if I was totally innocent of the crime I was accused of.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3