2011.05.19 Jury Selection DAY TEN (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH OH! Classes on mental retardation. DT not going to like he is studying the mind. To bad he would be great for prosecution.

Wow -- I saw that the opposite. I think they would like him studying special needs for the compassion, mercy due to childhood experiences aspect.

I looked in my crystol ball and I think State will strike him at some point!

Morning all -- lol, yes just woke up a little while ago after tossing and turning about what the heck the drama yesterday was - and I see we know nothing.
:banghead::banghead:

iirc these are supposed to be questions, right?? why oh why is baez trying to give a legal lesson.

Sure seems like a lot of these PJ have trouble filling out these forms...I've done it several times and never had a problem and I ain't no Einstein!!!!

When I served, I do recall not putting all that much deep thought into filling out mine. I remembered things after I filled it out while I was sitting and waiting...then it was too late. They picked me anyway

taking an online course. a masters course. special education. mental retardation is a class he is taking. He has taken two courses. It is a sixteen month course. Eventually he wants to get into working in special education. High school level. when he decided to get masters he got in something I am aware of.

MG: nothing else

JB: wants to "get to know" this juror but there is just not enough time. the reason I am doing this is because you heard some instructions on wednesday. you will have it read again but you won't have them with you, at the end the judge will give you a copy. I want to ask if you can follow concepts. JP instructed you on reasonable doubt gave you the definition. the state has the burden of proving beyond and to the exclusion of a reasonable doubt, can you do that?

yes

JB: you should not find her guilty based on the number of her charges, okay?

yes

JB: even for the lesser charges it is still beyond and to the exclusion...just be cause they are lesser charges it is not a lesser...can you do that?

yes.

JB: there are three elements to one charge, as to each element they must be proven beyond and to the exclusion of a reasonable doubt. so under the law you must find her not guilty...can you do that?

yes.

JB: the burden of proof. both sides may call witnesses but this is one sided the defense does not have to prove anything. (Jose loves that part, its why he became a defense atty because he does not ever have to prove anything. IMHO )

(skip)

JB: the conflict of the evidence, if you find they are conflicting you will decide for Miss Anthony.

Objection
Sustained.

JB: can you follow HHJP instructions?

I could.

JB: in our constitution there is the right not to have to testify we all hold sacred and the judge will tell you to not consider it. of course you will want to hear from miss anthony but if she didn't you could follow that?

yes

This is our golden opportunity to put the cart before the horse to totally confuse you.

Baez is fumbling and confusing things. just stop, please

He's now talking about 'acquittal' if you can't decide on all three but if two out of three, you must acquit...can you do that...yes.

In their wildest dreams....I doubt highly that would be the case...JMHO

75% of Florida is made up of folks from Ohio and Pennsylvania, go figure.

I was born in Ohio! :great: Warren, Ohio (George was a cop here). Born in the same hospital as Casey! :banghead:

I don't think KC is going to take the stand. JB is really harping on not having to testify against yourself/constitutional right with each juror he likes.

Way to beg for a compliment there Baez. If I didn't do a good job of explaining........No you did a good job.

JB, you did not teach the teach.... sorry, you get a failing grade from this e-watcher.

ICA will want him cause he's eye candy!! This from Jim L.'s Friday Night Lights coach reference.

Im starting to believe that JL is definitely casting his movie in his mind. more transparency it appears. imo!

#3016 - Seat 58 - DT & SA no challenges!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand