2011.05.19 Jury Selection DAY TEN (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Just up here. Does Jose still have one preemptory challenge left or has he used it this morning? Thanks for catch-up help!

i believe the wording of the Scale question on DP is confusing for some of these jurors

How does one go from 'not having an opinion on the DP', to being a TEN: Totally for it?

DT is going to have to strike this one. If she makes it through she'll be sitting #15. As the judge explained, each strike will slide those people up 1 seat. With the State sitting on 3 strikes, they could strike enough people to seat this juror.

This will be JB's final strike. It has to be.

The sister bothers me. He knows that she has changed for the better. Would he be willing to give Casey the same chance?

Robbing someone and killing someone is not the same. I hope he wouldn't give KC another chance!

Hi. Just up here. Does Jose still have one preemptory challenge left or has he used it this morning? Thanks for catch-up help!
he still has his one - they are just continuing questioning of all pj's left. Strikes will come later

Yeah, IIRC, the DT has 1 peremptory challenge left. They better use it wisely!

no opinion about DP but I believe in it absolutely. 10.

is she lying or just not smart?

or nervous and not getting it? cause she obviously doesn't get it or is lying.

What is the reasoning behind asking a PJ if they are good with computers? Programming, info retrieval etc...

(I know the LE has alot of info from ICA computers)

Would the DT reject someone like this? Would the SA want someone like this?

Since its looking like no court on Saturday, and that we will have a jury by the end of day, DH has given me the go ahead to enjoy some "beverages" today.

The cocktail phrases Im going to use

"golden opportunity"
"does that make sense to you"

Im sure JB & AF wont disappoint.

I read that "cocktail PHASE! " I think the "phase phrase" is in my head from listening to "penalty phase" so much! I am way behind as I load the car. I will miss this repartee as I drive for the next 12 hours! Ciao. :takeoff:

no opinion about DP but I believe in it absolutely. 10.

is she lying or just not smart?

or nervous and not getting it? cause she obviously doesn't get it or is lying.

I think as a concept she is saying the death penalty is ok. I think she is also saying it totally depends on the case. Just MOO.

He's holding on to it as tight as a christmas present on christmas morning!

MOO

Mel

I think as a concept she is saying the death penalty is ok. I think she is also saying it totally depends on the case. Just MOO.

But I'd love to see the defense really struggle with what she is saying, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RainbowYarnSlueth