2011.05.20 Jury Selection DAY ELEVEN (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of surprised HHJP kept asking the dp question.

I think HHJP keeps asking because he has to try to "rehabilitate" them on the death penalty in case they did not understand.

anyone know how many Jurors we have for today to question?

I think this is wrong of the judge. to brow beat these people into saying they could consider the DP. Thats wrong. That is making a hung jury.

I don't understand how the jury could be hung at the penalty phase if Fl doesn't require a unanimous decision. Or do I have that wrong?

Here's the big question: you could think of no way you could consider imposing the death penalty if the evidence so warranted. Answer: No. Darn! Excused for cause!
Ah - 'Beach - can I use my first preemptory objection??? Are you sure??? Oh a T/O?
Well okay then!!!

It boggles my mind that some of these people have no clue about this case.

3170-male-has a 16 year old child, is a teacher with tenure

I think this is wrong of the judge. to brow beat these people into saying they could consider the DP. Thats wrong. That is making a hung jury.

I don't think the Judge is brow beating any PJs. He's attempting to make and protect the record that it's abundantly clear that they are against the DP. IMO

Rolling through them today. How many are there to question?

Did the Judge decide how many strikes for the alternates?

Another male up.....sounds young. This is KC's kind of juror.

moo

My margins are blown oh noooooooooo

Ok, insessions just came on in my neck of the woods, thanks the stars I can depend on your web sluthers to keep me in the loop, thank you..

must get dh to fix pc speakers, if he doesnt, he is going to sleep in the chicken coup as I dont have a dog house lol

The PJ's can be against the DP all they want but they have to be able to at least CONSIDER it, if they cannot then they are not going to sit on the Jury.

PJ. # 3170
remembers a little girl missing and that a body had been found :(

I don't understand how the jury could be hung at the penalty phase if Fl doesn't require a unanimous decision. Or do I have that wrong?

I could maybe see a hung jury happening in the guilt phase (not sure if that's the correct term) if a juror who is against the DP was concerned that ICA would get the DP if she were convicted. That seemed to me to be what the first juror was saying.

This guy's voice reminds me of Ron Howard's (Opie) brother.

The judge is required to ask the same question in enough ways to demonstrate that the juror..... did in fact understand the question, remained consistent in his answers throughout the line of questioning, and expressed an opinion that qualified him under case law to be fit or unfit to serve.

THe Judge DOES know what he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member