2011.05.26 TRIAL Day Three (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to the 200-some DVDs they already have- LOL

aaahhh that poor jury..
JBP, it is sooooo dang hot in Orlando today(heat index around 100F)...someone should take them out tonight...I suggest Winter Park for Ice Cream.
And this weekend the Orlando Fringe Festival is going on...you know keep the Jury busy and happy and get them out of the hotel

Just some suggestions LOL

It bugs me that Baez keeps asking if Caylee's affection seemed real....She was a little girl, of course she loved her mom.

Wouldn't it be great if one of them said "Yeah that's why it's so horrifying that her beloved mother murdered her". I know it wouldn't really be great for legal reasons, but you know...

I'm not sure how he is managing it - but I am really glad the Anthony's lawyer has been able to be with them through the first three days. I hope he can keep it up for a while - at least until after CA testifies.

CM has filed a new "Brady" Motion.

Also wanting the GJ testimony of GA. Had previously been denied.

ETA: OMG! My lightbulb just went off.... I would not be surprised if they are doing this to George because of his GJ Testimony! Casey must view it as her revenge on him, for getting her charged to begin with! Makes total sense!

CM: re-requesting Grand Jury testimony of GA (outright says GA impeached himself)

Ya know......I'm starting to worry about the jury - dvd's, the hockey game, pretzels, etccccccccccccccccc. lol, I think they are bored alreadyyyyyyyyyyyy.

I don't understand...Are none of the witnesses today subject to recall? Also, why wasn't Chris S allowed to say that she stayed overnight? Didn't Mr. George simply ask how long she stayed?

Defense opening statement (paraphrased): she was molested from childhood, learned to carry on as if nothing was wrong, desensitized to trauma, lying and acting "normal" became second nature to her. This assertion was impressed on the jury by the infamous/shocking sentence in DT opening.

Given the above, every witness for the State who has testified as to her appearing "normal", happy etc.. every witness who has testified to her lying about something (job, daughter whereabouts, future living conditions) ... all of this testimony (90% of the testimony so far) does nothing to contradict the DT assertion and in fact supports it.

The State had obviously intended to provide a multitude of witnesses to testify that she appeared unaffected by her daughter's death, but the DT shot a hole in that boat before the first witnesses were called. Same with the 31 days, its lost its relevance unless the State can can remove any reasonable doubt from the DT assertion(s) - and that won't be a trivial matter. IMO, there is a difference between no detectable change in behavior whatsoever (what we've heard to date), and small hints of something amiss. The former tends to support the DT story (conditioned to compartmentalize via trauma).

So far yes but wait until they see what happens to that compartmentalization and being unaffected when it actually affects Casey rather than Caylee. In other words that theory will be blown all to Hades when they see Casey in the jail visitation videos and when they hear her phone calls from there. Death of her only child allows her to compartmentalize and appear unaffected but when the handcuffs go on Casey ...

CM asking for the grand jury testimony again - re-motioning for it again. CM believes George has committed perjury.

Sorry folks, I disagree with most. We hear what we want to hear. I heard a young guy scoff at an older gentleman. The jurors don't know who this person and that person is. I think Baez has been trying to elicit a negative reaction and was ineffective. CM got what they were looking for. Jurors don't get tweets and don't get the opportunity to see what the outside followers see. They see what is happening in court. Understand the DT premise and your understand how things are viewed and when an older gentleman is scoffed at in open court it is noted with the jury. Not that I think this testimony matters because I think the detective and expert testimony is most important but CM as an elder got "dissed" to use young person terms.

CM wants the grand jury testimony of GA made available to the DT. They think it will contain statements that impeach him.

Remorse? I believe they were asking if she seemed to be asking anyone for help, since that was her claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove