2011.05.28 Cindy Anthony testimony

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cindy's testimony regarding her and Casey bloating was silly I thought. I thought she was trying to downplay how oblivious she was not to notice she was pregnant before the 7th month. I think after the bloating, Cindy goes on to explain that if Cindy gained 5 pounds because she's on 5'2 she looks much heavier right away....but normally I bet you she wouldn't have gained it all in her lower stomach.

I think she just can't admit that she lived in denial all those months.

was she cross examined?
i am watching patty's vids on youtube... but but stops at part 16 :(

Well, it is possible Casey opened the door and left it open a while and then Caylee went out and Casey did not notice this or when she did it was a bit too late. Caylee already went in the pool. This could have easily happened if Caylee could not open the door herself. I guess I'm trying to give Casey the benefit of the doubt. It is very possible she did drown though. If the forensics cannot explain how Caylee died...the defense theory plants a bit of doubt in the jury. If she did drown, I doubt if George was involved though. Casey should have just told JB, Caylee drowned, she freaked out and didn't know what to do. But to come up with other nonsense about sexual abuse and George helping her cover this up is ludicrous! How Casey could have gone on nonchalantly after Caylee drowned is beyond the depths my comprehension though.

Well, that's IF the doors were left open and IF the ladder was left down. That seems unlikely IMO. Just too convenient.

Maybe JB "helped" ICA "remember" her childhood abuse... just to throw in a little bombshell to create more reasonable doubt.

When asked about redoing the patio, Cindy said something that seems strange to me.."we haven't been able to grow grass back there since 2008"..talking about the back yard. Am I the only one that finds this strange?

I think I remember seeing that the detectives were dug up the backyard, we figured they probably thought that since KC borrowed a shovel that Caylee was buried there. Anyone else remember seeing or reading that?

I agree, this would have been the simplest explanation, if this had been what happened, but since they didn't offer this then I'm going to guess this isn't really what happened. To be honest, had they just said something simple like...KC was in the pool with Caylee and had to use the restroom, she figured Caylee would be fine in her life vest/jacket then got distracted and totally forgot the baby was in the pool and when she remembered Caylee had drowned. She panicked and blocked the whole incident out. I wouldn't like it but I could believe a story like that. I could even buy the accidental cold medicine overdose...but she has a defense team she picked, her legal bills are getting paid by the tax payers and this is what they're going with??

And let me say that I have never been molested or abused, so I don't know all of the psychological effects it has on victims but that's another story I would find easier to buy if she hadn't slept with half of Orlando.

I don't care if she was sexually abused. I don't believe it, but if she was I would not believe that you can easily block out the death of your child and go live it up.
Well, its obvious, the defense will have a psych expert that fully explains Casey's behavior is typical of a sexually abused woman and the state will have one with a totally opposite story, so its whoever the jury believes.

At first, I assumed we did not hear about the fight because in the past Cindy has boldly denied it happened and that LDB's TACTIC was to get out of Cindy everything NON-CONTESTED FIRST before she inquired into things that we have seen the A's be less than forthcoming about. We haven't gotten to that stage yet. When you call a witness, in this case, the State calling Cindy as a State's witness, the rules state you aren't supposed to have to lead your own witness. You're not supposed to ask leading questions to them. So, in cases where you have a rather cantakerous witness you have called as a State's witness, you elicit from them what you know they will tell you readily, and then, once you get all you need, THEN you try to get the harder stuff out. When the witness goes ornery and "hostile", you ask permission to take your own witness as a hostile witness and then you can ask them more leading questions. Example, "Mrs. Anthony, isn't it true that there was an argument that night at Hopespring between you and your daughter?" A non-leading question would be: "Mrs. Anthony, what happened that night?" or "What time did Casey come home?" Even, "Did you have a fight?" is not a leading question. Sorry, if this is off the scope but layfolks sometimes do not understand why the questioning sometimes goes as it does and the tactics involved.

BUT perhaps the reason we also haven't heard about the stealing fight is because the stealing may have been ruled inadmissable due to its being too prejudicial. However, the fact of a FIGHT in itself would not be inadmissable. I'm just ASSUMING that it has not come up yet because LDB is taking Cindy thru the easy stuff first.

Mark my words: Once the basics are laid out and the Gov starts to get their teeth into the meat of the testimony, if either of the Anthonys start resisting once they are asked questions, facts where the State knows they have been inconsistent, or they start hemming and hawing, then the State will ask permission to take them as hostile and then the State will ask tons of leading questions.

thank you for the reply. I might get some sleep now that you said that LOL Im not kidding I got so upset i was yelling at the TV, my puter, the cat, I think I cracked a tooth from griting them during her testimony. LOL After I watched it again and thought about it, this would make sense to lay out a foundation and lower the boom later.

Cindy shoud be very worried about how she answers these questions. One one hand she has displayed a " Casey is 100% innocent" demeanor and now after the DT has decided to throw them to the wolves she may have realized the defending of a baby killer aint such a good idea. So now how does she answer questions that she previously replied to in a pro-Casey way? I think she is skating on thin ice where perjury is concerned. Recall the " I think Caylee is still alive" answer at the fry hearing? That IMHO was nothing more than " Dont listen to me im crazy and I think Casey is innocent" stance and she felt this might get her off the hook if she gets caught defending Casey.

Unhappy with her teenage daughter's pregnancy did not seem to block her love of her grandchild when she arrived. Her mixed emotions about Casey's unplanned pregnancy seems moot now.

I don't care if she was sexually abused. I don't believe it, but if she was I would not believe that you can easily block out the death of your child and go live it up.
Well, its obvious, the defense will have a psych expert that fully explains Casey's behavior is typical of a sexually abused woman and the state will have one with a totally opposite story, so its whoever the jury believes.

I could be mistaken, but I believe there was a psych evaluation and the defense had it sealed. No one will be able to use it. It's my understanding that because the defense won't be using it, then the SA was not allowed to perform a psych evaluation of their own. At least that's my woefully inadequate understanding. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Underneath the sandbox. The sandbox was a "turtle" and it had a lid. It rained for several days the day Caylee went missing and after. The A's had no reason to be out there. It's likely that Caylee was there before the "tot" mom decided that she had to move her.

moo

Oh, that makes perfect sense. Right, a sandbox would likely never be opened, and easy to conceal something in it by just covering with sand. Makes me ill.

When did she borrow the neighbor's shovel? The next day or so? I guess since we know the Anthony's shovels were padlocked in the shed, she needed to borrow the neighbor's, right?

Also, when was the "here's your f'ing gasoline cans" day? Just wondering when and how long the body was kept in the trunk or where it was until it was placed in there. I thought GA didn't notice any odor that day?

I just keep thinking of the car accident Casey told Cindy about with Zani, Raauel, Juliet, Annabelle, and she brings in Zani's brother who I never heard of and Zani's mother who couldn't leave home since she was ill, etc. The story had so many details you couldn't think she was lying. I guess she has to be a psychopath or a sociopath or something else, because who lies like that? I think when the average person tells a lie, they just don't go into so many details.

James Thompson. He thought he saw KC and Caylee on June 16. But KC's cell pings don't match his story and it's most likely he confused another young mother and daughter for KC and Caylee. Here's a link to the blogger who analyzed JT's sighting.

But who is James Thompson, a friend of Casey's? Is that some store owner?

I could be mistaken, but I believe there was a psych evaluation and the defense had it sealed. No one will be able to use it. It's my understanding that because the defense won't be using it, then the SA was not allowed to perform a psych evaluation of their own. At least that's my woefully inadequate understanding. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Why would he have sealed them?

ron351ne
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

I First tried to believe that it was an accident covered up, but the more I listen to the testimony the more it sounds like it was premeditated. She told her boyfriend to wait just a few days and they could be together anytime. She knew that on June 16, Monday, that her dad would go to work around 2pm and Mondays for Mom were usually busy and usually long. (Her Mother testified that KC new Mondays were busy and long) This not only gave KC more time to deal with what she was doing to Caylee , it also would give her a good reason when she talked to her mother, for having to take Caylee to Zannies. KC new mom would have to accept this because" Mondays were busy for mom".
Which also created the opportunity for KC to prolong the finding of Caylee!

was she cross examined?
i am watching patty's vids on youtube... but but stops at part 16 :(

Nope. They stopped at a sidebar (natch!). IIRC, they were arguing over a line of MySpace questioning. JB won't get to badger CA until Tuesday. The anticipation will probably ruin his holiday.

I don't know how it works either, but maybe the defense isn't using the findings because the answer didn't help their theory. Maybe she's just a "sane" evil lying *advertiser censored*! :crazy:

ron351ne
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

I First tried to believe that it was an accident covered up, but the more I listen to the testimony the more it sounds like it was premeditated. She told her boyfriend to wait just a few days and they could be together anytime. She knew that on June 16, Monday, that her dad would go to work around 2pm and Mondays for Mom were usually busy and usually long. (Her Mother testified that KC new Mondays were busy and long) This not only gave KC more time to deal with what she was doing to Caylee , it also would give her a good reason when she talked to her mother, for having to take Caylee to Zannies. KC new mom would have to accept this because" Mondays were busy for mom".
Which also created the opportunity for KC to prolong the finding of Caylee!

Welcome ron351ne!

I've had the same journey. I began believing that Caylee's death could have been an accident. But as the trial has progressed, I find I'm becoming more inclined to believe that it was premeditated murder.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches
Back