2011.05.28 - KC upset during break when CA testifies

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM

The jury has never seen CA before, the woman they are seeing on the stand is the only CA they know. They are unaware that this is new behavior for Cindy. They are listening to lie after lie after lie that KC told. I don't think Cindy's testimony - so far anyway - would cause a juror to be more sympathetic to KC.

BBM. I agree. In fact, I think it will have the opposite effect.

wenwe4, ITA re Casey but watch Cindy again as she breaks down over identifying Caylee's crib in the visual, and tearfully describes the play backyard she and George lovingly provided for Caylee (which really chapped Ms Casey.) I saw Caylee's sweet little soul right there, wrapped up in Cindy's broken Grandma's heart. This grandma cried a river today after viewing that. But I do know what you're saying. I trust we will find closure when a victim statement is read by whomever. It might just may be Cindy, George or Lee. There won't be a dry eye around, I think.

I agree with you as well. . . .it hurt KC more because the credit to Caylee's toys/clothing/playhouse/crib/landscaping around playhouse etc., are all credit to GA & CA . . not KC! I too saw this Grandma crying a river for the loss of her sweet grandchild . . .she loved Caylee unconditionally. KC was so jealous of this . . . I even caught in CA's testimony earlier when talking about Caylee's verbal skills, CA said something to the effect of you always understand your own child's speech more than other people . . .IMO KC felt this was yet another dig @ KC. CA continually referred to Caylee as the whole family's child . . . KC saw Caylee as how own posession . . .how dare CA try to take away KC's true posession!

ICA - (she covers her mouth)...she's protecting the man that hurt me. she's gonna sit here and protect him. she's never protected me, she's not even trying now."
DS - well she has to be given a chance, Casey...
ICA - she's been given the chance for three years, and she's done nothing!
DS - i know.
ICA - i mean, how can you say she hasn't been given the chance, she has a chance every single night.
DS - you're right, i was wrong...you're right, i was wrong.
(camera pans - cant read. DS covers her mouth)
ICA - enough to be aquitted, so i can get away from them.

a little iffy on the first line...

ICA - i've wanted for them to help me but i cant get out when she's with my dad. and that hurts so bad. she hasn't looked at me once the entire time she was making her cry. (looks at LDB)
ICA (to CM) - yeah, she did the other day. she was looking at him, she hasn't done any of that for me. i really think she's just doing it to do it for her, sh'e not doing it for Caylee - she's doing it wrong.

hard to read the last part since she's wiping her face.

BBM - ICA had the chance to meet with CA one-on-one the week prior, but ICA refused to see her mother. If she so badly wanted to "see" her, "speak" with CA, she had her chance to do that without GA being present.

I think ICA was told by the DT that her parents were not buying their "story" and it made ICA mad. ICA and the DT have mulled over their story so much, that everyone on the DT/ICA believes the huge lie. This just proves how selfish ICA is.. she wanted her mother to SEE her, look at HER, but ICA had no time more than once to visit with her parents. Such an EVIL, EVIL woman.

ICA - (she covers her mouth)...she's protecting the man that hurt me. she's gonna sit here and protect him. she's never protected me, she's not even trying now."
DS - well she has to be given a chance, Casey...
ICA - she's been given the chance for three years, and she's done nothing!
DS - i know.
ICA - i mean, how can you say she hasn't been given the chance, she has a chance every single night.
DS - you're right, i was wrong...you're right, i was wrong.
(camera pans - cant read. DS covers her mouth)
ICA - enough to be aquitted, so i can get away from them.

a little iffy on the first line...

ICA - i've wanted for them to help me but i cant get out when she's with my dad. and that hurts so bad. she hasn't looked at me once the entire time she was making her cry. (looks at LDB)
ICA (to CM) - yeah, she did the other day. she was looking at him, she hasn't done any of that for me. i really think she's just doing it to do it for her, sh'e not doing it for Caylee - she's doing it wrong.

hard to read the last part since she's wiping her face.

WOW- you got all that? Geez- I couldn't even make out one word. You're awesome.
The manipulation is off the charts.
DS is a bleeding heart by nature. She has taken on the 'mother' role for ICA. Each time one of ICA's team sits with her, they play a family role. CM is grand-papa, JB is surrogate lover/hubby/boooooyfriend, Michelle M. is/was bestie, the new young female attorney is a mentor, the young lawyer guy is a chewtoy that ICA flirts with and he seems pleased by it, and the rest fill in the gaps as shoulders when ever ICA is left to flop in the wind while her team meets at side bar.
She never ever stops talking in one of their ears. I thought Anne Finnel was going to head for a door at one time during JS.

I'm afraid I would have put Duct tape over ICA's mouth during these appearances in court. The only time I've actually seen her quiet herself-sans notepad, is during LDB opening statement. She was taking every single word in, making sure to nod her head NO when ever she could. Yet, when JB gets up she pouts and nods YES as he describes her loving ways with her child.

Just yuck.... the whole thing is just icky. :sick:

I still haven't finished the thread . . .everytime I come back it has grown by pages! One thing I cannot get out of my mind . . . Huge Thanks to Smolea for translating the lip reading for us! Her last line @ 1:30ish . . .enough to get acquitted to get away from them . . . I cannot get this out of my head! WTH? Get away from them? She has been AWAY from them for 3 years! If she were acquitted . . .where would she go? How/where/who with/by what means would she live? That RV to travel in isn't waiting outside the jail, Miss KC! Have you thought about what would happen if you were acquitted by throwing your entire support system under the bus? The Attorneys are going to be gone from your life and you will be left with just the empty shell that you have created. No employer would hire KC (IMO) after hearing her name . . . no concrete goal to better herself or her life - she is victim in her own mind and everyone should treat her as such. Oh what a tangled web we weave . . .

BBM.
This is interesting. I have always thought that much of the rage she felt was because she was being 'replaced' by Caylee. When they had the fight and Cindy threatened to take custody of Caylee, that was infuriating because Casey would have been out on her ear.
Casey Marie Anthony was going to be replaced by Caylee Marie Anthony, and placed in a new updated Winnie the Pooh bedroom. And Casey Marie was not going to allow that.

I said very early on that I have always believed this was a case of fratricide, or more correctly, sororicide (the killing of ones sister) - I believe that Casey saw Caylee as a sister and rival and Caylee had to disposed of at all costs, so that Casey could continue to live and to thrive off the patronage of Cindy. After all there was only so much money, love and affection to go around and there certainly was never going to be enough for Casey's liking.

Lee was never a contender but Caylee was the supplanter.

I still haven't finished the thread . . .everytime I come back it has grown by pages! One thing I cannot get out of my mind . . . Huge Thanks to Smolea for translating the lip reading for us! Her last line @ 1:30ish . . .enough to get acquitted to get away from them . . . I cannot get this out of my head! WTH? Get away from them? She has been AWAY from them for 3 years! If she were acquitted . . .where would she go? How/where/who with/by what means would she live? That RV to travel in isn't waiting outside the jail, Miss KC! Have you thought about what would happen if you were acquitted by throwing your entire support system under the bus? The Attorneys are going to be gone from your life and you will be left with just the empty shell that you have created. No employer would hire KC (IMO) after hearing her name . . . no concrete goal to better herself or her life - she is victim in her own mind and everyone should treat her as such. Oh what a tangled web we weave . . .

I'm sure she would expect the house to be handed over to her or something. Good lord she's mad that CA didn't leave GA to help get her out of prison, I'm sure she's delusional enough to think this is their fault and they should repay her...

But she would have boatloads of money from selling her story, appearing on every talk show, news show, etc. She would not need Cindy or George if she was acquitted. She would rake in the cash, and probably thinks she would prevent them from making any money because they are the bad guys now! I have no doubt that is what she is thinking.

BBM Great post. Believe it was in the '80's a psychiatrist named F Scott Peck wrote a book titiled "People of the Lie." After practicing in mental institutions for many years, and dealing with broken families and individuals, he came to some conclusions and presented his thesis in the form of this book. He came to the conclusion that some individual's, while being neither mentally ill (by the DSM's, Diagnostic Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) standards nor necessarily criminal, defied categorization. Thus he proposed the DSM add a new category and label it 'evil.' I found the case studies in the book fascinating and his idea brilliant. It was criticized by the scientific community as bordering on religion, which I did not necessarily agree with. Regarding the nature vs nurture debate, Dr Peck proposed that we are the sum total of our life choices. Beginning in young childhood, we are presented with choices every moment of the day: how we use our time, how we respond in a given situation, how we relate to others, etc etc etc. The effects of our choices over time determine our character, i.e., who we are. Good/right/proper/correct choices point us in one direction, while bad/improper/inappropriate choices point us in another. It is difficult to explain but if anyone is interested, I do highly recommend reading his book. It was a real eye opener for me. That said, I do believe we are the product of both: nature and nurture.

ETA Hope this isn't too far off topic (it was discussed in many posts.) To go back on topic, that meltdown provided much grist for the mill. Lots of analysis to consider further.

Great book and have read it more than once. It fits the profile of this family to "T". Does evil run in families because it is genetic and inherited? Or because it is learned by the child in imitation of its parents? Or in defense of it's family?

I remember reading about sociopaths traits and one came to mind as I watched the meltdown. It concerned how they have an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore need their victim's affirmation, such as respect, gratitude and love. Based on that, it was indeed (IMO) a reaction of rage that CA wasn't "falling into line" and showing ICA the respect that she feels entitled to.

After sleeping with this on my mind I have come to the conclusion that CA's change of demeanor is a tool which may cause a juror to think twice about giving ICA a death sentence.
OT- the grass never grew there again after GA put lyme there to cover the odor.

BBM. I've never heard there was any odor. However, LE, in their search for Caylee and evidence, tore up the backyard pretty good.

IMO Casey wants us to know what she said during her outbursts through the help of lip readers. EVERY time she or her defense team talks they either cover their mouths with their hands or whisper up close in each others ears or simply turn their back to the cameras. She wants us to know what she says as a mere distraction. She is not upset about Caylee she is upset her mommy isn't covering up for her and supporting her lies anymore.

somehwere I read/heard that CA went out and hugged GA...that is what started the tantrum imo---

I think seeing her parents united was the final straw for her. All morning ICA was getting more and more po'd. It started with TL not saying much flattering about her. Then she's jealous over her mothers affection for Caylee. Yep, Ga and Ca hugging was the final straw.

I think seeing her parents united was the final straw for her. All morning ICA was getting more and more po'd. It started with TL not saying much flattering about her. Then she's jealous over her mothers affection for Caylee. Yep, Ga and Ca hugging was the final straw.

ita!!!!

she was like watching water boil yesterday (I agree that TL started it off/turned on the heat in keeping with the analogy)

jmhoo: (not aimed at your post Q) but she was so upset she forgot to cover her mouth! I don't think that was on purpose so we could read her lips.. she, imhoo truly lost it. (bet we see it again too we aren't even to the worst parts of CA and GA and LA's testimony.. including Amy H!)

IMO Casey wants us to know what she said during her outbursts through the help of lip readers. EVERY time she or her defense team talks they either cover their mouths with their hands or whisper up close in each others ears or simply turn their back to the cameras. She wants us to know what she says as a mere distraction. She is not upset about Caylee she is upset her mommy isn't covering up for her and supporting her lies anymore.

Exactly, she is relentless about putting her paw over her mouth anytime she chats it up with Mr Baez or any of the other defense attorneys. Yesterday, she took it down on purpose. She wanted those pouty lips read yesterday! Still manipulating after all these years...like the sociopath she almost certainly is.

Great observation about her not covering her pie hole while in the throes of Hissyous.

Plus, she sought out the cameras.

She will be nominated for best actress in a drama series.
Best supporting actress-DCS.

GMAfreakingB!

Here is my take of what she was saying.... After the camera moves back and keeps showing LDB's head, I couldn't make out much if anything.

CA walks out, and does not even look at ICA. ICA watches her, and sees CA hug GA. Angry finger... "They're doing that to hurt me"

DCS - I know

ICA - (unclear) she's doing that to protect him

ICA - 0:40 ish "why even try now"

DCS - you have to give her a chance

ICA - She's been given a chance for three years, nothing

DCS - I know

ICA - (something) every single time

1:40 ish - She starts to say "It's not fair - cam angle changes... "It's so not"

That's about all I could make out.

Exactly, she is relentless about putting her paw over her mouth anytime she chats it up with Mr Baez or any of the other defense attorneys. Yesterday, she took it down on purpose. She wanted those pouty lips read yesterday! Still manipulating after all these years...like the sociopath she almost certainly is.

With due respect of your opinion, I saw it a tad differently. I think she completely lost control and showed us the "real" ICA. I suspect that this has been a pattern of her behaviour for a very long time and she just couldn't keep control any longer.

I think it's ironic many people were concerned with GA & CA losing their tempers, and perhaps some credibility along with that, while testifying, and it was actually ICA who blew first.

I could see pure evil in her face during that moment and in the taped jail conversation between ICA and the A's. Kind of drove home for me that she was capable of murdering her precious daughter during a fit of anger.

I do wonder if she will be able to contain herself for the remainder of the trial in front of the jurors.

Her mommy gave her a "pooh theme" in her bedroom at 16 years old. 16! This girl was not allowed to grow up! She was enabled- not overly indulged imo.

I know what you are saying- but I have a confession! I am 48 years old and I have a spare bedroom (my office/computer room) in my house completely dedicated to Betty Boop. The entire room is covered in 43 years worth of collection (I started when I was 5). Rugs, curtains, bedding, and nearly 1000 figurines and decorations on the walls. Clothes, shoes, socks/undies- you name it, it's betty boop. It's a collection. Even a car draped in Betty and two tattoos. My sis was all about pigs before she died. 30 years worth. A life long collection of pigs. Another friend, in her 40's and it's all about Eeyore. I know lot's of nutties like myself, I guess. :crazy:

But I get what you're saying. It's just sometimes we just like collecting something or have an attraction to things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi
Back