2011.05.31 Sidebar Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just getting back in - after it is over (so hard to watch, go to work, home to watch, go pick up my child, watch, take him to a friend's house, watch, go pick him up)! I really appreciate those who post everything. I don't know if this has been posted, but I snipped:

During a recess, Cindy Anthony left the stand with help from an attorney and moved to her husband, George Anthony, who put his arm around her as they departed the courtroom.

WKMG’s Pipitone said that Cindy Anthony went into a bathroom. “You could hear Cindy Anthony wailing in the echo of that woman’s bathroom,” Pipitone said. “George just standing outside, helpless, not knowing what his wife was going through inside.” Pipitone said it “went on and on for minutes” and that prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick went into the bathroom. “She came out after about a minute [and] reassured George Anthony that Cindy was doing better,” Pipitone said.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/05/casey-anthony-cindys-emotional-testimony-receives-heavy-coverage.html#more-38311

JVM will not be happy that Pipitone blew her exclusive info heard only if you tune into her show at 7pm.:seeya:

Poor Cindy. Jose Baez asked her if it ever occurred to her that many of the people that Casey mentioned were not real. CA said she did not. She's made to appear so naive. I don't know why JB is accentuating these fictitious people made up by Casey. It seems like this is what the State would want. Is JB trying to stress Casey's lies to show that she's just not totally based in reality and this explains her nonchalant behavior after Caylee is missing?
That is exactly what he is doing. You noticed he kept referring to them as imaginary friends. He wants to stress that she is in her own little messed up world due to this alleged molestation.

<sigh> I have to leave again. I have a dr's appt. I'm going to DVR JVM and hopefully will be home in time for NG.

I wanted to thank all of you for posting today. I'm going to go back and read this morning what I missed. Your posts are invaluable!

JB seems like he's really making an effort to make it appear that CA is not based in reality, which seems to be true.

That is exactly what he is doing. You noticed he kept referring to them as imaginary friends. He wants to stress that she is in her own little messed up world due to this alleged molestation.

This is part of their mental health defense that is not a mental health defense - remember when Ann Finnel went on that harangue a couple months ago and no one could figure out what she was going on about - the ting that would have to be litigated....

But unfortunately for the DT, the jurors live in a real world.

I do not believe that this jury pool will buy into what the DT is selling, especially after hearing how juror 4 looked at the defendant and glared at her while listening to that first call home from jail...

I get that too, so...may the force be with him, as he puts the defendant on the stand. Game over. (IMO)

THANKS. So it may come down to whether the statements about paternity will be considered collateral or not. The state has to argue that they are relevant to the case itself. And the DT has to say they are collateral issues and so the criminal history should be off limits.

I think the stealing and the thefts are important to the case. The DT theory is that she is so fragile and disconnected that she lives in an alternate reality.

But these thefts, where she takes other peoples checks and writes them to herself and goes to a bank and cashes them, that takes mental effort and focus. She is not just lost in crazy land. She is an identity thief. It should be admitted into evidence because it shows HOW she spent her time that 31 days.

BBM.
I couldn't agree more. It really makes me mad when the jury doesn't get to hear the whole story.

But even if they came in this way (which I don't think they will) the jury only hears that there are 6 felony convictions, but not what they are for. Stinks since in this case they are intertwined with the issue at hand.

I remember from Friday (?) someone said the lady someone said the lady next to ICA told JB that the clothes looked frumpy and they needed to do something about it. But I also think that they bought her that tight fitting shirt and pushup bra to make her belly look more flat considering they were going to cross CA today. Watch tomorrow will be something more loose fitting.

RE: Casey's court clothes, it really appears that all of these outfits may have come from a Goodwill or the like, the other day her green sweater was all wrinkly, my point being they are attempting to make her appear like the "Poor abuse victim". JMO

For WHAT? They've deposed her!

Did they actually depose her? I thought in court they said they didn't but they did attend the SA's deposition along with A. Lyon(s)....Something about her being out on the boat except for the occasional Saturady..

Mason was not yet there though I believe...

Just logging in today. I knew I should have put in for a leave of absence at work! DH and I have seen some of Ca's testimony since we got home and WOW from what we saw just heartbreaking. I said over the weekend that I believe CA is just now allowing herself to grieve after realizing what really happened.

On to reading, and thanks to all (and some jealousy) to those who were able to watch, post and keep us updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3