2011.05.31 Sidebar Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How could you not talk about the shirt...way to tight and totally inappropriate for court...........

My take on ICA's shirt today was that she was completely uncomfortable with the way she has been dressed in prior court appearances.

In particular ICA was probably very unhappy when Tony and all the former friends saw her in her 'go to court clothes' she probably drive the DT insane with demands to dress differently. After all ICA wanted to show her former friends that she is still a 'hot body contestant'. JMO

So maybe this is why JB doesn't have all the files he needs he was shopping for ICA.:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Just getting back in - after it is over (so hard to watch, go to work, home to watch, go pick up my child, watch, take him to a friend's house, watch, go pick him up)! I really appreciate those who post everything. I don't know if this has been posted, but I snipped:

During a recess, Cindy Anthony left the stand with help from an attorney and moved to her husband, George Anthony, who put his arm around her as they departed the courtroom.

WKMG’s Pipitone said that Cindy Anthony went into a bathroom. “You could hear Cindy Anthony wailing in the echo of that woman’s bathroom,” Pipitone said. “George just standing outside, helpless, not knowing what his wife was going through inside.” Pipitone said it “went on and on for minutes” and that prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick went into the bathroom. “She came out after about a minute [and] reassured George Anthony that Cindy was doing better,” Pipitone said.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/05/casey-anthony-cindys-emotional-testimony-receives-heavy-coverage.html#more-38311

I just got a tweet message that AH just got served with a subpena from the defense as she walked out of court today. (from channel 13)

In Huggins, a correctional officer testified that Huggins had shaved his pubic area to deter lice (LE were attempting to get a hair sample from Huggins when they found out he'd shaved his complete public area) and when asked how the officer knew that he said because Huggins told him so. The prosecution then wanted to introduce his prior felony convictions to impeach his credibility - basically letting the jury decide how credible his statement was about his reason for shaving; this is my very fast rough brief of the issue.

So because Casey was a hearsay declarant making the out of court statement to Cindy which Cindy relayed through her testimony, Casey's credibility (as the hearsay declarant) can be impeached the same way any other witness can.
However, if the matter is collateral, then impeachment is not proper. (perhaps this will be relevant to the testimony that was taking place re: who the father of Caylee was, or who Casey said it was).
Going to read more...

THANKS. So it may come down to whether the statements about paternity will be considered collateral or not. The state has to argue that they are relevant to the case itself. And the DT has to say they are collateral issues and so the criminal history should be off limits.

I think the stealing and the thefts are important to the case. The DT theory is that she is so fragile and disconnected that she lives in an alternate reality.

But these thefts, where she takes other peoples checks and writes them to herself and goes to a bank and cashes them, that takes mental effort and focus. She is not just lost in crazy land. She is an identity thief. It should be admitted into evidence because it shows HOW she spent her time that 31 days.

In a way KC's imaginary friends served the same purpose that a child's would. Whenever they are caught doing something wrong they can blame the imaginary friend.

Just getting back in - after it is over (so hard to watch, go to work, home to watch, go pick up my child, watch, take him to a friend's house, watch, go pick him up)! I really appreciate those who post everything. I don't know if this has been posted, but I snipped:

During a recess, Cindy Anthony left the stand with help from an attorney and moved to her husband, George Anthony, who put his arm around her as they departed the courtroom.

WKMG’s Pipitone said that Cindy Anthony went into a bathroom. “You could hear Cindy Anthony wailing in the echo of that woman’s bathroom,” Pipitone said. “George just standing outside, helpless, not knowing what his wife was going through inside.” Pipitone said it “went on and on for minutes” and that prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick went into the bathroom. “She came out after about a minute [and] reassured George Anthony that Cindy was doing better,” Pipitone said.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/05/casey-anthony-cindys-emotional-testimony-receives-heavy-coverage.html#more-38311

wowzer :eek:

When he mentioned her "*advertiser censored*" I assumed he was talking about Baez and Cheney? Seriously. I'm not trying to make a funny or get myself banned.

:silly: :ohdear: :lol: :whoosh:

I really have to wonder if JB pulled this "blunder" on purpose.

Just a quick note of appreciation...your updates are invaluable to those of us who can't figure out how to get away w//live streaming at work :)

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
News 13's Adam Longo watches former friend Amy Huizenga get served by the defense. He'll show you at the top of the 6 on @cfnews13 -fell

I love technology but it is too bad the jurors are so busy with screens and monitors, that they miss some of the expressions and interactions that might be taking place around them...lots of "heads" are saying that the jury barely seemed to notice when Cindy was crying, so busy were they reading the transcripts behind their terminals...

Mohabi....if you want the down and dirty of what happened today read my posts in green on the trial threads as well as Chiquita's . . . there are others that have worked very hard as well.....but that will simplify your frustration I hope - (because people like you are the whole reason I spend my day typing instead of posting and riding along with all of the others) hope this helps....others please feel free to direct any down and dirty spots that you feel are relavent.... Thank You!

Thank you so much Wenwe4 and Chiquita, for spending the necessary time to highlight the "down and dirty" spots :) I'm a green-spot reader from now on! We (people like me) will owe you both a spa manicure once this trial is over! (or maybe we'll pick up the cost of your carpal tunnel surgery?)

I just keep wondering what is the horrible reality that happened to Caylee that her mother won't admit. It has to be extremely horrible.

I think the stealing and the thefts are important to the case. The DT theory is that she is so fragile and disconnected that she lives in an alternate reality.

Oh yea. Fragile and disconnected. It just oozed from her voice when she called home from jail.

I just got a tweet message that AH just got served with a subpena from the defense as she walked out of court today. (from channel 13)

who is that?? I'm brain dead at this point.

Regardless of whether the convictions come in tommorrow or not...I dont think JB is going to be able to avoid the same issue again, especially during cross examination of AH. He will make the same mistake...IMO eventually they will come in, and hopefully under a "stronger" argument then the current one is.

Bolded by me.

Picture of George standing outside of ladies room while Cindy wailed.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...20496166.75903.174731405877338&type=1&theater

WOW! You named it, that's exactly what I was thinking this morning, only I just couldn't think of how to explain what I saw. She did look like she was studying something she couldn't understand! She is spooky!!

Spooky indeed. Sociopaths are eerily 'gifted' at sniffing out 'victims' - i.e., sincere and honest, unsuspecting or otherwise 'weaker' victims, who they can take advantage of to suit their needs, further their agenda, or accomplish their dirty work, which is at best deceptive and often is criminal in nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3