2011.06.01 SIDEBAR THREAD Trial Day Seven

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to tape HLN today for the afternoon session and fast-forwarded a lot thru the non-live parts, or when they were replaying testimony...you need to see Casey in fast forward...eyes blinking like crazy, etc...it was a totally different image and quite bizarre to see...

I fell asleep at the lunch break since it was around 3am here, and have just been watching the rest of the days testimony on wftv now.

At the end HHJP says to the jury 'Have a good evening. I understand one of you has a new name, Johnny Depp' ...which was met with laughter.

Anyone else wondering if they are joking like this because ICA had so many imaginary friends with celebrity names?

Maybe I am just a doofus, but are you insinuating that CA was trying to help cover up a possible murder of Caylee from the day the car was found? (as in day of 911 call, day LE was called, etc)

I tend to agree with that on the basis that her 911 call was "raw" and full of emotion and her comment re "it smells like a damn body in the car" and then trying to cover it up with the "pizza" comment.....which was MORE than proven a farse. BUT I don't think she said it with the idea that ica had killed caylee.....I think she retracted her statement d/t by her making that statement REALLY made ica look guilty and what mother would ever want to believe that her own dtr would kill her own child? I really really think that cindy was in complete denial until 6 weeks ago amd that the straw that broke the camel's back was what the prosecution advised the family about ica allegeding sexual abuse.....her denial completely melted away and what we saw on the witness stand was the beginning of her grief process.

just postin in the blind. watching JB cross of Det. M., and, in his attempted "bias" argument, JB says:

the detective ignored many statements by cindy anthony and george anthony that it could have been an accident that was covered up.

iow, Baez is pointing out that GA is telling the police it might have been what JB says it was, an accident that was covered up.

cue....twilight zone music. i am seriously worried about ineffective counsel at this point---not thai I know anything about it, but it probably is like *advertiser censored*: you know it when you see it.

scary.

I fell asleep at the lunch break since it was around 3am here, and have just been watching the rest of the days testimony on wftv now.

At the end HHJP says to the jury 'Have a good evening. I understand one of you has a new name, Johnny Depp' ...which was met with laughter.

Anyone else wondering if they are joking like this because ICA had so many imaginary friends with celebrity names?

My fellow trial watcher and I think it was a joke reference to nicknames in general, not to exclude Dick Tracy Orlando who is also sort of like Johnny Depp. I thought it was fine wit on from the Judge.

I have been trying to catch up on the videos for the greater part of the evening so please forgive me for not scouring this thread for the answer. Can someone please tell me what the heck was wrong with Lee today? His testimony is so painful to watch.

Bill Shaefer said it appears that LA has not reviewed his depo transcripts with the SA's office - he is trying to go from memory.

Oddly, from memory most of us here could have answered those questions without having to dig so deep as LA - his "ahhhs" before every answer wore me down today. Very trying...

Interesting. Maybe that's the good side of it.

I kinda think it's more sinister than that. The actress Juliette Lewis played Mallory Knox, a central character in Casey's self-professed favorite movie Natural Born Killers. That character and her boyfriend kill Mallory's parents and launch into a totally senseless but sensationalized killing spree that escalates because of intense media coverage. Having "Juliette Lewis" as a fake co-worker from Universal somehow makes me think that she and the character she played played a long-standing active part in ICA's fantasy to get rid of her parents, culminating in all the google searches on neckbreaking, household weapons, self-defense, etc. and the creepy signals she was giving out to friends immediately preceding and subsequent to Caylee's death that pretty soon the house on Hopespring would be hers.

cecybeans, I could not agree more with you. I also think that ICA murdered Caylee on the 15th or very early of the 16th of June because of the fight that I truely believe happened that evening or night over the money stealing. I will go futher in my opinion and say that I don't think ICA and Caylee were home after the fight bcuz IIRC ICA took Caylee and left. Just my opinion of course. I can see ICA killing Caylee and staying out all night trying to figure out what to do bcuz the only person who claims to have seen ICA and Caylee on the morning of 16th is GA. Again just my opinion.

cecybeans, I could not agree more with you. I also think that ICA murdered Caylee on the 15th or very early of the 16th of June because of the fight that I truely believe happened that evening or night over the money stealing. I will go futher in my opinion and say that I don't think ICA and Caylee were home after the fight bcuz IIRC ICA took Caylee and left. Just my opinion of course. I can see ICA killing Caylee and staying out all night trying to figure out what to do bcuz the only person who claims to have seen ICA and Caylee on the morning of 16th is GA. Again just my opinion.

In that movie.....her parents were killled d/t her DAD sexually abusing her.....ADD that to the creepy factor!

YES!!!!!! It drives me nuts! He also faces the court reporter and kinda seems like he's talking/joking with her a lot while she's over there when they're in sidebar.

In fact, a few times I witnessed the other lawyer (dude with the gray hair and glasses, sorry, don't know his name) kinda tap him as if to say, "Turn around and listen to the judge." JB is something else for sure!

JB is famous for doing that, just didn't think he would in trial. He's always small talking and trying to make himself seem like a good guy.

Nah, Johhny Depp is a REAL person..Now IF he would have said Captain Jack Sparrow, maybe...

Anyone else notice that every time they go to Sidebar JB turns where he is not directly facing the SA's, nor HJBP but turns more towards the Jury and is always smiling...

I hope the jury is as creeped out by him as I am.

???? I just got home from yet another ballgame. Where the blazes is the thread from the afternoon trial session? I cannot find it.

Anyone ... thanks

Shaking my head.................Bill O'Reilly had Geraldo on as his guest tonight commenting on the trial.

Geraldo says it's clear that she (KC) had something to do with the death of her daughter, but the state can't prove murder. He went on to say that every witness so far says she was a wonderful mother. He ends it by saying.........."where is the reading of her Miranda rights?"

Where have we heard this before!

Bill O'Reilly argued that a narcissistic sociopath presents an image to others of the perfect person or perfect mother.

???? I just got home from yet another ballgame. Where the blazes is the thread from the afternoon trial session? I cannot find it.

Anyone ... thanks

It is in the Trial Archive Thread at the top page of the Caylee Forum

just postin in the blind. watching JB cross of Det. M., and, in his attempted "bias" argument, JB says:

the detective ignored many statements by cindy anthony and george anthony that it could have been an accident that was covered up.

iow, Baez is pointing out that GA is telling the police it might have been what JB says it was, an accident that was covered up.

cue....twilight zone music. i am seriously worried about ineffective counsel at this point---not thai I know anything about it, but it probably is like *advertiser censored*: you know it when you see it.

scary.

Wow!!
Another good catch.
JB blurts stuff out when he's flustered and he's flustered a lot!

But that was not in front of the jury.I wonder if it makes a difference.
Also,HHJP pointed out that the DT had 5 or 6 six lawyers to get things done.
That must count when considering ineffective counsel,I would think, but don't really know.:waitasec:

Bill Shaefer said it appears that LA has not reviewed his depo transcripts with the SA's office - he is trying to go from memory.

Oddly, from memory most of us here could have answered those questions without having to dig so deep as LA - his "ahhhs" before every answer wore me down today. Very trying...

I was wondering why LA was so unprepared. Why didn't he go over things with the SA? Is he still feeling that they are setting up his sister? Did he think that by saying he didn't remember that they would drop it? If I were being called as a witness in a big case and I had spoken previously I would be pouring over everything to make sure I didn't contradict myself. I guess he figured he could circumvent that by "forgetting".
I'm sorry, but I am not too sure about any conversion by the A's. My heart goes out to them, but it always did. They are in a horrible position. I just do not think that any of them will ever think that KC killed Caylee on purpose. I'm worried that some on the jury may feel the same way. It does seem so unlikely that someone could go from being a loving mother to a cold blooded killer in a blink of an eye. The SA really does have it's job cut out for them. It's a good think the DT is making it easier.

And the phone call from the house to her at 7:30am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025