2011.06.01 TRIAL Day Seven (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JA - There is ZERO evidence that the victim drowned. What counsel says is not evidence of ANYTHING.

Melich was following Casey's "story" trying to determine the best starting point to look for Caylee. Unfortunately Casey led them to an apartment complex where an imaginary nanny never lived.

Holy cow. I think HHJP was hard pressed not to laugh at Baez argument. Also love how Baez wants to call all the car evidence junk science but then thinks the cops fell down on the job for not looking at the pool for any kind of evidence of drowning? Like what??? And if she drowned how would there be blood spatters? Hmmm, does he know something about potential blood that we don't know????

Baez is jealous because he doesn't have a fan club...lol

websleuths is now a household word

woooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo

Objection sustained. Thwarted! My goodness, JA made my heart race just now, saying no proof of drowning- it is so refreshing to hear someone actually answer HHJP's questions with an answer.

I really can't believe this. They asked her multiple times if if there had been an accident that she wasn't telling them about.

I'm just sitting here with my mouth hanging open in complete disbelief.

JB grasping at straws to get YM impeached (I think that is the right term).

JB example - 9/29/08 - 2:50 pm. HHJP doesn't have that date. Asked JB to highlight the portion, read it in or put on overhead. JA doesn't have the copy either.

JB reads "a true missing persons investigation is akin to a murder investigation without a body." JB feels this specifically goes to the bias - that when faced with the info that this was a possible accident, YM instead took it in the direction of a murder investigation.

HHJP wants to know what info JB had that this was an accident - JB sites CA's statement about ladder made within 48 hours and other statements that referrenced that this could be an accident that was covered up.

JB said YM did nothing to pursue accident theory.

HHJP wants to know what evidence would be gained by looking at the pool. JB said there could be spatters of blood around the pool, hairs, other trace evidence.

JB - if you don't look, you'll never know. They looked at the car - why couldn't they look at the pool?

JA responds - there is no evidence that the victim drowned at this point in the trial. What JB says isn't evidence of anything. The question is whether YM's comment shows bias. JA says this comment has nothing to do with showing a bias toward a witness or party in this case. It shows nothing and is inadmissible.

JA believes the evidence doesn't demonstrate that YM was informed of the ladder within 24 hours. Feels JB should have to prove that first.

JA feels that YM's participation while he was recooperating from broken leg doesn't show any bias.

HHJP sustains objection. JB looking over at CM. CM wants something marked and sealed. HHJP mentions Minton v State that talks about threshold.

JB won't inquire further about the blog.

HHJP asks if any of the other blog materials would be attempted to be used. JB says no.

HHJP mentions something about JB's mention of reprimand. HHJP doesn't want the jury poptarting. Wants to take care of the matter now.

Posted: 4:22 pm EST November 3, 2008Updated: 11:57 am EST November 4, 2008
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The case against Casey has grown so big, even the lead detective got caught up in the publicity. Eyewitness News has learned Detective Yuri Melich has been reprimanded by his bosses for blogging about the case online.

Melich started blogging when other bloggers started complimenting him. He told bloggers he was sleuthing the web secretly looking for clues in the case. But after he saw a lot of flattering stuff about himself, he posted on websleuths.com as Dick Tracy Orlando to thank bloggers for their kind words.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17877073/detail.html

I swear not even the best writers could have written a movie this intense and bizarre. This case has just been one surprise after another and it is still going on.

And if someone DID write this, it would not be believed!

What did I miss? Was websleuths mentioned???? Please someone tell me!

JB trying to make the jury go in and out like a pop-tart.

JB looking to smear YM, as he has with every single witness. Such a conspiracy against his client! :rolleyes:

Anyone connected with this case should now well be aware that participating in forums, blogs etc such as this site serves about the same purpose as witnesses getting paid by tabloids: it's gives the defense fodder to play with, wastes the Courts' time and the jurors as well.

ETA: Not just this case, any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member