2011.06.02 Sidebar Day Eight (incl Universal audio discussion)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68121"]Chat link here.[/ame]

Login name is your websleuth nickname.

Password is your WS password.

Type in #websleuths and you're there!

Why did Lee ask her anything that required a truthful answer, he knew by this point that she had lied about everything? It doesn't make any sense. And she is sticking to her lies. What does he feel he is accomplishing here? Even if he just doesn't want to upset her, or needs to coddle her to keep her talking, what is the point in asking her anything?

I don't know that it ever struck me before, but why the dis-trust of everyone so early on? Why name every person she knows asking if she trusts them?

To keep her family away from those who knew where she spent those 31 days...

I'm a bit behind watching the live feed. But watching the tapes, I am liking Lee more and more. He is articulate, smart, and asks the tough questions. Like the password issues-he was not giving in or believing someone else was on the computer. This poor guy-his crappy sister practically ruined his life and didn't even care.

I feel very sorry for Lee. He is an odd duck and it's easy to make fun of him, but I think he's just doing the best he can most of the time, esp. coming out of this family.

O/T I love your salute to GA and his gas can!

I am FB friends with someone who is new to this case and just began following it on trutv/cnn. she made a post today along the lines of "ok so they proved she lied or that she's a pathological liar but that doesn't make her a murderer or mean she killed her child". Worries me a whole bunch

I've worried about that all along. There is plenty of proof that ICA is a liar but minimal proof that she killed Caylee (i.e. fingerprints, DNA, etc.). I think that makes the states case much harder.

IMO she is guilty but I still have my doubts about if there is enough to get a 1st degree murder conviction.

I think there is a possibility that at least one juror may grab onto the "accident" theory (Yes JB, those are quotes, they are used to show someone said that verbatum. Sorry, couldn't help myself).

Baez had 3 years to file a motion to object to these videos and just tried a couple of days ago........UNBELIEVABLE!

She has to sit in a low back chair so the quards can observe her.

My thinking is that the DT wants to make her look small. Why do you say so guards can observe her? She has had so much more freedom to stay in the courtroom that any other defendant I have ever observed. She stays during breaks, recess, etc. Help me understand the low back chair...and thank you.

Sent LA to look for missing phone~

Invisiphone must be with InvisiNanny.
:floorlaugh:

What did Lippman say? I totally missed it.

He basically said he is the attorney for ALL of the Anthonys (including LA), and that the "dichotomy" had changed between JB and "the family." He also said that it is against FL Bar to make disparaging remarks about another attorney, so he would keep his personal comments and opinions to himself about JB until JB was "no longer an attorney."

Oh man. The jury has no idea how TAME that first tape was. Just wait until they see her screaming at her parents. I can't wait for them to view that tape!

Prosecution team if you are reading here - during court please roll a 'big girl chair' over to ICA and suggest she would be more comfortable in this chair.

It looked to me like ICA was adjusting her chair (via a lever) down to a lower position earlier ... perhaps in an attempt to try and make herself appear smaller and maybe more vulnerable. Like an innocent little child or something?

Or maybe she's trying to disappear, under the table.

I can't wait for the jail visit between KC and her parents; the one where she tells GA what an amazing father and grandfather he is.

I don't know that it ever struck me before, but why the dis-trust of everyone so early on? Why name every person she knows asking if she trusts them?

Because early on she wasnt sure who she would put the blame on!

Casey is chatting to someone every chance she gets (during breaks, in front of the jury, while the guard is waiting to take her to her cage, etc). If I were in the jury I would be thinking...if you have so much to say, laugh, smirk at then get up on the stand instead of covering your mouth every time you have something to say.

IMO

Dropping in to say hi and to remind everyone I will be on the Levi Page show tonight discussing oatmeal recipes. And if we get time we'll discuss the Anthony case. 9:00 PM Eastern.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TONIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member