2011.06.02 Sidebar Day Eight (incl Universal audio discussion)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the Defense searched high and low to find a counselor to say that pathological lying is part of the grieving process.

I THOUGHT the defense was she was TAUGHT to lie by her familiy because she was SEXUALLY abused.

Now she simply was in denial because of her grief at Caylee drowning.:banghead:

GRASPING at straws is what they're doing!

My point exactly, Linda. I've been struggling as it is to wrap my head this theory that ICA was living in a fantasy world (or something, I still don't even get THAT!), and now, as a last minute thought on the DT's part, I'm going to possibly have to plow through the testimony of a "grief expert"? Why? Is it abuse or grief the DT is saying caused all of ICA's callous behavior. JB never mentioned grief being the cause before...but now he's just thinking about that?!

What a load!! :banghead:

Oh good. We're going to get a full day Saturday! I can't wait for this cause hearing. I wonder if George and his lawyer know about this medical records issue.

I am certain GA will have a lawyer there arguing over that mess.

After today's video tour through Casey land JB is very afraid his client is facing the DP. He is horrified and trying to throw everything out there and he is desperate. He saw the juror's faces and he on top of that he had to face his own incompetence at not trying to stop these videos from being played in full to the jury.

BBM-So true. I don't think he really cares about Casey, he desperately wants to be a hotshot attorney who can get a cushy job doing the talk show rounds. He jumped on this case and saw it as his grave train with doing the least amount of work as possible...too busy blabbing on talk shows and hanging out with Geraldo (huge eye roll).

Casey is finally on the other end of being used and she doesn't even know it. She still thinks he is one of her boys.

IMO

I doubt that GA's med records are coming in either. Why would they be needed? He is not on trial, although DT sure does accuse him of a lot.

I STILL want to know how the defense team came into possession of GA's medical records with current HIPPA Laws....

or does this mean that George ALLOWED Baez access to them??? :waitasec:

Mr Baez had more important motions to tend to like sealing ICA's snack account records and having a myriad of TES searchers deposed and investigated to prove there was no water on Suburban Drive (where the drowning victim was found after being hidden -WTH) etc...

Can we please list the ridiculous and superfluous motions the DT DID file and argue and not the Important ones such as the jail video redactions?! Please, anybody?

Just found this- Sally Karioth: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZenjH4qaFE"]YouTube - ‪TEDxFSU - Sally Karioth - Compassion Energy as a Way to Find Joy in What You Do‬‏[/ame]

I think she's adorable. :)

Hmmm, good thinking, I am not sure you can subpoena the records since GA is not the one charged with any crimes.

Exactly. And so why would GA give permission to the DT? And why would a witnesses medical records come in anyway?

SO, Linda K Baden announces this morning on TV (HLN I think?) that the defense was going to drop a BOMBSHELL today...

So is THIS the bombshell? The "new expert witness" who is going to explain so we will all understand???????

....cause I don't think it is going to work. Don't think it is possible to "explain KC"...

Oh No Worries Kenjbkent - I can help you with that.

What LKB actually said - and it is a simple "misquote" - what she said was..

The Defense is going to Bomb in court today....:floorlaugh::great::floorlaugh:

Those courts that have excluded the testimony of grief experts have relied on some or all of the following basic rationales: (1) The testimony is not admissible to relay "matters within the common experience of jurors." (2) The testimony is not admissible when there is a danger that the jury will give such testimony undue weight. (3) The testimony is not admissible merely to relay what the expert was told by lay witnesses. El-Meswari v. Washington Gas Light Co., 785 F.2d 483, 487 (4th Cir. 1986); Angrand v. Key, 657 So.2d 1146, 1148-50 (Fla. 1995); Robles v. Chicago Transit Authority, 527 N.E.2d 361, 367-68 (Ill.App. 1988).

Evidence of grief traditionally has been provided through the testimony of lay witnesses, as opposed to experts. Angrand, 657 So.2d at 1149 (relevant testimony usually comes from "survivors, friends, ministers, and others who testify as fact witnesses, as opposed to experts"); Robles, 527 N.E.2d at 367 ("family members" were most appropriate to testify as to their grief).

Admissible in particular cases

In limited number of cases, courts have allowed grief experts to testify, where there is a finding that such testimony might be more helpful than the testimony of the plaintiff's lay witnesses. For example, a Florida state appellate court held that the testimony was admissible when the expert was "actively involved in therapy" with the survivors and provided specific information in regard to the surviving family

Another decision, this one by the Oklahoma Supreme Court, went so far as to say that, at least for purposes of proving grief in an action by a parent for the wrongful death of a child, expert testimony may "often be useful and proper, if not absolutely necessary."

http://www.allbusiness.com/legal/litigation/1111775-1.html excellent article at link regarding admissibility of grief experts

We better start getting our names on the transplant list because by the time this trial's done, we'll all need new livers.

I STILL want to know how the defense team came into possession of GA's medical records with current HIPPA Laws....

I don't have any idea. This is going to be a big mess.

My dad, who hasn't followed the case until now, just told me all they've done is prove she's a liar.

Tell Dad to hang on....he ain't seen NOTHING yet!!!

We haven't even BEGUN to present the actual evidence yet...

:woohoo:

My dad, who hasn't followed the case until now, just told me all they've done is prove she's a liar.

Ask him what he thinks after Dr. Vass testifies and let us know please. Especially the part about Dr. Vass jumping back two steps when he smelled a small piece of the trunk liner in Casey's car. He said it smelled like human decomp and he has smelled a lot of dead bodies.

Thanks!

Does this mean WE get to see his records?

I'm not a lawyer or anything, but I just don't understand why anybody should have access to his medical records especially since he's not on trial!! I should add that I'm not a fan of GA but this is going too far.

I wonder if George turned them over BEFORE he realized he was being thrown under the bus? I can't imagine why he would do that all, though. Not smart on his part if he let them have his medical records. What was he thinking?

They are trying to use this witness to say that something other than what the State is claiming happened. They can't put Casey on the stand. So instead they want this witness to testify that from June 16th on Casey was in a state of grief. I'm sure is since she is paid these large fees for public appearances, she is a dynamic speaker. And the DT needs that. But, they still have to lay a foundation and they can't without Casey. The state will tear her credibility up in deposition.

I am a funeral professional and probably have more years of experience than this speaker. I can't wait to hear her story. :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela