2011.06.02 Sidebar Day Eight (incl Universal audio discussion)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what would there be to gain?

Surely JB nor any of the others would do it again for free the next time around would they or would they?

I see what you're saying but if there is a mistrail and then another trial doesn't that give the attn's time to either introduce new evidence or suppress evidence in the new trial that was presented in this trial, and the state would pay?

Just curious. I don't see a mistrial happening though. Just that Baez keeps asking for one and then KC told Robin in a letter that Baez told her there would be one...just pondering is all. Why would he say that to his client? Who knows with him. Not concerned just noodling about it :)

And what would there be to gain?

Surely JB nor any of the others would do it again for free the next time around would they or would they?

JB has to be getting some money for this case from somewhere. What does he think the fame from losing this case will pay for everything?

moo, sounds as if maybe this T person who is the ex of MH and LA didn't want any part of the A family. The subtext in the tape conversation is that ICA and T did not get along one little bit (my own interpretation)

But, if the Tara G. that called from Michigan into Nancy Grace 0n 7/24/08 is her-then I think she was actually trying to put the best face on KC that she could! moo:waitasec:
http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_anthony_NancyGraceShow_TaraGraff072408.htm

Hmm, I know I will NOT buy any book related to this case.:maddening:

Why buy a book or watch a movie when it is all right here?

I, too, will not buy anything related. If is free, or in the library, I may read it just to see how the author(s) decide to write it out. Buy it, no, even though I know that hurts the authors and printing companies, I just will not. I already know.

ITA. I recall hearing somewhere that George said he was tired of living a lie (oh boy even as I write this, I cringe at the thought of the defense getting a hold of it. If we hear it in court in the next couple of hearings...)

Anyhow, I think George was going along with Cindy's 'denial' for the sake of her sanity (either out of love for her or to keep peace, whatever) yet he knew the truth. That would be enough to cause any sane person to the brink, IMO.

I always thought that his suicide attempt was brought on by his pain of knowing that his daughter killed Caylee and that he was withholding certain facts from LE to protect Casey.

I really think that ICA lies as much to her defense team as she has to everyone else. We'll probably hear all about it someday.

No, we won't. The defense can never say what their client told them.

My dad, who hasn't followed the case until now, just told me all they've done is prove she's a liar.

Luckily, the case is not over. You might want to ask him what he would think about the fact that casey's car reeked of death, that she was the last one to see Caylee alive, that casey researched chloroform and household weapons, neck breaking, etc., months before Caylee disappeared, that the trunk had strangely high levels of chloroform, which led to the LE search of the computer and that the body of Caylee was found with triple bands of duct tape around the nose and mouth.

They are trying to use this witness to say that something other than what the State is claiming happened. They can't put Casey on the stand. So instead they want this witness to testify that from June 16th on Casey was in a state of grief. I'm sure is since she is paid these large fees for public appearances, she is a dynamic speaker. And the DT needs that. But, they still have to lay a foundation and they can't without Casey. The state will tear her credibility up in deposition.

I am a funeral professional and probably have more years of experience than this speaker. I can't wait to hear her story. :innocent:

Ever see grief expressed in a manner similar to casey in your career?

What attorney in his right mind would say, after bringing a new witness, "This is something we just thought of?" I'll tell you what kind...an attorney that is deliberately providing ineffective counsel. He has even strengthened the state's case in his cross-examinations. Why don't the other attorney's remove him, correct him, take over? I know I keep saying this, but it keeps coming into my mind. New trial, new jurors, who knows if different state attorneys will be there, dragging everyone back, punishing everyone involved, except ICA of course.

I'm almost starting to believe this. I never would have agreed but what movie was it or t.v. show where the attorney starts to fall asleep and his client says, "Hey? what are you doing?" "I'm trying to get you a new trial!" Mumbles the attorney under his breath with his eyes closed!

I am that poster and I feel guilty just laughing at your post.

Being brought up in a protestant church we were taught to never, ever, ever, ever use the Lord's name in vain. It still makes me cringe when I hear it used in that manner.

We Catholics were taught the same thing, ya' know. :innocent:

When Baez was reading here looking for his defense,he should have checked out all the videos we have on KC.Maybe if he would have watched them he might have gotten a clue to how KC was NOT grieving!Gee wasn't he with her like 8 hrs a day in the beginning?Did he not realize she was swigging her arse and wearing her cool white shades!!!!!!GMAB!!
Florida tax payers and Tim Miller should sue her for letting them waste money searching.

He had possession of those videos long before we did and he has pored over them for years.

Couple of things that hurt the Defense today (outside confirming again that Casey is a pathological liar):

1. George was fully engaged at the jailhouse visits, yet he is usually silent. Cindy does the talking with this couple, though she defers and refers to George often. This doesn't imply that George is complicit with Casey, it is simply the dynamic of this couple, imo. So, the fact that Cindy was making the calls to Casey and LE in the days leading up to and following Caylees disappearance is simply indicative of the way this couple operates - nothing more or less, imo.

2. George encourages Casey to talk to a sherrif's officer, an FBI agent, and officer "Happy" in one short visit. He wants his daughter to talk to LE outside of his presence to help locate Caylee. Not the actions of a guilty party, imo.

3. Cindy tells Casey multiple times that the family is strong and nothing should be said or not said in order for her to "protect the family". Cindy sure doesn't seem to be thinking about hiding family secrets or CYA for the family. She too wants Casey to talk to LE in order to locate Caylee, imo.

4. Casey will throw anyone and everyone under the bus without hestitation. TonE, Amy, Jesse - all "suspicious" according to Casey's unbreakable code speak with Lee.

5. Casey knows Lee is totally on to her, but totally conflicted with this knowledge, imo. Thus her profusely thanking him at the end of the coded visit; she loves her life being the focus of Lee's life, but needs to continue to endear herself to him anticipating what he will ultimately discover (a whole lot more lies)...

6. Cindy and George are not referring to Caylee by name often in the visits; usually "that little girl, our little girl..". I think it might be intentional; they don't want Casey to shut down or blow up if everything is "Caylee, Caylee, Caylee", imo...

P.s. My frequent use of quotation marks is dedicated to Jose Baez, though I'm sure he won't get around to reading this thread for at least a couple of years...

BUMP this great post!!!!

Gitana;

If you are still here, how did the defense get George's medical records? I'm driving myself nuts over here, if he did not sign an authorization, he doesn't have a jail psych record, is not in a psych facility, how did they get them?

I have no clue because they could not get this via subpoena.

In regards to medical records question (I am evidently challenged when it comes to carrying over two posts :) I have looked into this before regarding a close relative. HIPPA provides a clause that states medical records may be turned over to an individual who wouldn't normally gain access IF it was done through legal channels and the situation was one of life or death. ICA facing the DP would probably qualify. In other words, George didn't have a say in if his records were released or not. JB must have filed for a court order.

His medical records would not be available via court order. He is not a party to the case and his medical condition is irrelevant. Further, due to the Sunshine Laws, had JB tried to subpoena them, we would know.

I don't know why people are so surprised that KC had people fooled. I've had too much experience with sociopaths I guess. Once you've been ensnared by a sociopath, it's easy to spot one, although it can take years during your "first encounter" to realize what you're dealing with.

Oh thank you Gitana, that simple could subpoena an innocent person's record thought via any attorney that just wants to was sending me up a tree!

Like I'm a 4 year old, why this is at the top of the page:

Please note - this is a message board, not a blog. Thank you.

Just curious.

hey all.. busy over at chat.. just wondering.. what does anyone think of this..um.. new... expert...(not) that they wont be able to get in anyway??

Just curious.

Cause JB accused Yuri of blogging here under Dick Tracey Orlando.:innocent:

Just curious.

That has been cracking me up!

Because during trial everyone is referring to WS and any other message boards as "blogs". These are not blogs, nor are we bloggers.

Tricia is just trying to keep the legal world properly informed on politically correct terminology about the internet. ;)

I'm signing off to go watch NG.

All I can say is I really don't want to hear about GA's medical records myself. Seriously.

I know way too much about this family and their dynamics. Way too much personal details sheeeeesh.

I really really know too much about people that don't even exist and could probably carry on a convo about them as if they were characters in a play. Good grief!

Anyway, see you all tomorrow! :D I actually have nothing planned and get to watch the trial whoohooo!

Cause JB accused Yuri of blogging here under Dick Tracey Orlando.:innocent:

And, during jury selection State and Defense asked potential jurors about blogs and blogging, not knowing they were not asking the correct questions.

hey all.. busy over at chat.. just wondering.. what does anyone think of this..um.. new... expert...(not) that they wont be able to get in anyway??

Not qualified, not necessary, does not have to be permitted. Waste of time, effort, and $$$.

Oh, and most importantly, DT is trying to get around psych evals, experts and testimony of them too.

Just curious.

Just a hint to those people who don't know the difference between a forum and a blog when they are citing posts in Court.
I'll let you guess who they might be, but their names start with J and C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal