2011.06.02 Sidebar Day Eight (incl Universal audio discussion)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause JB accused Yuri of blogging here under Dick Tracey Orlando.:innocent:

That has been cracking me up!

Because during trial everyone is referring to WS and any other message boards as "blogs". These are not blogs, nor are we bloggers.

Tricia is just trying to keep the legal world properly informed on politically correct terminology about the internet. ;)

I kinda thought so - this is one of my pet peeves, actually. It just kind of showed up and I had to make sure, LOL.

Check out the tweet thread on some of the people in the courtroom on their observations are of the jury.

Only one juror was reported to look like he was sleeping but I don't think so. I would venture to guess his mind is already made up.

I seem to vaguely remember that prior to jurors being selected, one potential juror did admit that he had some medical condition (??? medication issue) and that he might fall asleep.... I seem to remember him saying he could "try" to do the best he could regarding this. I wonder if this person was chosen and is serving on the jury and if this is the person tweeters are speaking about. It seems to me that I have read numerous tweets about a juror "nodding off...." Hmmmmm

I don't think JB cares about his reputation, quite frankly. I think his wish is to one day be one of the talking heads on the Nancy Grace Entertainment Show.

I seem to vaguely remember that prior to jurors being selected, one potential juror did admit that he had some medical condition (??? medication issue) and that he might fall asleep.... I seem to remember him saying he could "try" to do the best he could regarding this. I wonder if this person was chosen and is serving on the jury and if this is the person tweeters are speaking about. It seems to me that I have read numerous tweets about a juror "nodding off...." Hmmmmm

I went to school with a guy, for all the world looked like he slept thru everything. But he was a straight A student...

That has been cracking me up!

Because during trial everyone is referring to WS and any other message boards as "blogs". These are not blogs, nor are we bloggers.

Tricia is just trying to keep the legal world properly informed on politically correct terminology about the internet. ;)

I was delighted to see that line at the top of this blog, er, oooops, message board/forum! I don't like it either that the attorneys keep referring to people leaving COMMENTS as blogging. Seems they could differentiate the terms by now. The DT loves to split hairs, but they can't learn the difference between blogs and message boards. Hmmm.
:twocents:

The second post of his is dated 12/12/2006, the day after Caylee's remains were found (I think) and it says he can't get the smile off his face. what a ....
:banghead:

No, that post was two years before Caylee was found in 2008.

About the medical records being subponea. I doubt it will ever happen. GA may have given info to JB about what happened other than that JB will never get them subponea.

HIPPA laws, even when Rush Limbaugh was on trial for Dr. shopping they could not get his. He is in FL, they could use that same case.

The second post of his is dated 12/12/2006, the day after Caylee's remains were found (I think) and it says he can't get the smile off his face. what a ....

No Hun-Caylee was found 12/11/08.

Caylee was found in 2008, not 2006.

Did anyone hear from the jailhouse visits if KC was had to go talk to a psychologist every day at jail or if she was just asked if she would like to go?

O/T

Thanks for the link, Essie. I have now completely lost my mind.

Excuse my while I go curl up in a fetal position and drool uncontrolably.

Like I'm a 4 year old, why this is at the top of the page:

Please note - this is a message board, not a blog. Thank you.

Just curious.

:lol:

That was for Nancy Grace. Now I see is catering to a more mature audience.

Thanks so much, .

Thank you Momshrink.

Not to sound flippant but aren't there rules about a lawyer throwing a trial as a mistrial kind of like there are rules for throwing fights for prize fighters? :waitasec:

Well, since ICA is the one who said it, who knows if it's true?

this lady will never get in.. she has NO credentials at all as grief counselor or anytihng
she has nothihg... she is just a nurse who gives lectures and talks...no expert.. no dr. no licenses or credentials for grief at all..wil never get her in...

I didn't expect the jailhouse tapes to come in. They definately emphasize all of KC's lies. They help reinforce the states case on the four counts of lying to the police, but I don't see how they help the states case as far as proving premeditated murder. In fact, it seems the more the state proves her lies, this helps the defense's stand that she has been lying for years to hide the sexual abuse and is very good at lying.

The state should be scoring big points every day with the jury because they are, after all, presenting the states side of the story. When I went to my little brothers little league baseball game years ago, it was the top of the first inning and the score was 23 to 0. I said to my little brother, aren't you upset that you are behind 23 to 0, he laughed and said NO, we haven't got up to bat yet. I know this isn't little league, but I do think the prosecution needs a substantial lead in this case while presenting their side. The DT will score some points when they present their side, so the state needs a big lead.

Remember, the jury doesn't know everything about this case, like many of the posters here do. However, even the posters here do not know what the defense is going to present when its their turn to bat. Opening statements should have been an eye opener. The defense will do anything and everything HHJP will legally allow them to do to try to raise reasonable doubt. Expect ANYTHING from them.

JB is trying to raise doubt about the bad odor in the trunk being human decomposition, while on cross with YM. He said a number of LE paraded in and out of the garage with the trunk in the car open, yet it wasn't until the afternoon of July 17th, that the car was secured. I think this is smart of JB to make the jury think about the lack of actions taken by all those who had the opportunity to smell the odor in the trunk.

The prosecution had a very good day today. Seeing and hearing KC tell all those lies has more impact than people telling the jury that KC lies. The prosecution just has to make sure the jury understands that she was lying to cover up premeditated murder, not lying to cover up an accidental drowning, or sexual abuse from her father.

JA didn't need to be a tad bit snarky with JB today, but at least he did so while the jury was out. I like JA, but he does tend to be a little more snarky to JB than he needs to be. JB does some things that are susceptible to improvement, but JA should be a professional about it, and let HHJP do the admonishing, because HHJP is much better at it.

Good point. That was getting old, so I changed it.

:laugh:

"Blogging" is like "human" powered "flight". "We" don't "do" either of "those" things "here".

:silly: :laughcry:

I don't know why people are so surprised that KC had people fooled. I've had too much experience with sociopaths I guess. Once you've been ensnared by a sociopath, it's easy to spot one, although it can take years during your "first encounter" to realize what you're dealing with.

You are so right :twocents:

Hello friends!
Enjoyed reading over this thread. Missed being with you all today but was watched on TV since local WFTV (CH 9) now showing the complete trial there. So much nicer now that I can use my DVR to pause and fast forward through the sidebars and breaks.

Anyway one thing I wanted to mention from watching Melich today. I wish he and others would not follow JB's lead and use the word "imaginary friend". I wish every time JB mentioned it they would answer using the words "fictitious friend" instead.

Other than that Melich did great. Loved that perplexed look he gets on his face when JB asked a dumb question and how he talks to the jury, great persona!

Also couldn't believe out of all those lawyers that have been on the defense team no one tried to stop those jail house tapes until today. At least JB owned up to it being his fault. I guess JB should have spent less time reading here and more time preparing the case on his own instead looking to us for his ideas.

JB filed motions previously to get the tapes out but he lost!

O/T

Uh...:eek:...Rick is CA's brother?

Yes!

Unless she waives privilege.

That's true! But I doubt that will ever happen. She will be on death row filing appeal after appeal!!!

Scott Peterson comes to mind as being pretty close. Same carp about "no playbook for grief". Same result, I hope.

Bold is my reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member