2011.06.02 Sidebar Day Eight (incl Universal audio discussion)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really disagree. The state scored big with these jail visit tapes, which, BTW, the defense was so afraid of that they filed motions prior to trial to keep out and then moved again for a mistrial after they were played. The defense's reaction to them gives you a hint as to their impact.

The tapes showed casey praising her brother and father, refuting molestation claims. They showed she controlled the family and that they tip toe around her, not the other way around. They show she wasn't much troubled by the death of her baby. They also show that knowing her child was dead, she cruelly sent her frightened and suffering family on the wildest of goose chases. That lets the jury know a lot about casey and what they learned was very favorable to the state.

Further, they show that GA, who was accused by her of hiding the body and knowing of the accident, implored her to speak privately to the police and tell them what she knows, refuting that DT theory as well.

In any event, I simply cannot think of any victim of molestation who would fail to grieve the death of their child and would lie about an accident when facing first degree murder charges, which is what these tapes show

Finally, I have yet to see an attorney as rude, sneering, arrogant, demeaning and condescending as JB, in my entire career. On the other hand, JA has controlled himself fairly well. JB continually breaks the rules of court and evidence with sneaky parlour tricks and he, knowing his client is a liar who sent her frightened and grief-stricken family on fruitless and cruel goose chases, fabricated a disgusting theory that acts to stick the knife even further in this poor family's heart, twisting it in one of the most unethical ploys I have ever seen merely to score a win. JA has every reason to feel resentment.

Don't forget how many people, who the jury knows are completely innocent that she has no problem directing doubt and trouble towards and going so far as to have people investigate wholly innocent people, knowing they are 100% innocent. Shows a nasty pattern of what gets done when she is backed into a corner. Why not throw her crazy parents under the bus too. Keep in mind, everyone thought that Cindy and George would not be allowed in because they were big witnesses in the case. By the time we found out otherwise, it was way too late in the game to start up a new plan. If GA and CA were not in there, and not allowed to watch TV (Which I am not sure about) and the state hadn't warned them then they would have come into the court room and answered the questions blindly. Having no clue what KC had said about them, and probably following the script.

There was a strange reason KC gave for giving the date June 9th. I don't remember well... something about 31 days until she will supposedly supposed be given Caylee back from the nanny.

Actually I don't remember clearly...anyone remember what the reason KC gave the date of June 9th the last time she saw Caylee?

(Excuse me...is there a link available of the interview with YM and CA at Universal? I heard it today, but my sister does not me believe me...)

(Excuse me...is there a link available of the interview with YM and CA at Universal? I heard it today, but my sister does not me believe me...)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_SyH8-6Pho"]YouTube - ‪P1 - Casey Anthony's Police Interview Tapes Recorded at Universal Studios - Caylee Marie Anthony‬‏[/ame]

HTH!

did anyone lip read what ica was saying to jb at the end of the universal tape? it was clearly visible...

I do not agree with the assumption that you make that she has been sexually abused therefore she lies. It is just not true, while a sexual abuse survivor will lie to cover up the incest in the family they do not lie about everything in their lives. That is not part of being a sexual abuse victim. They certainly don't kill their children.

There is no proof at all she has ever been molested by anyone, ever, just because Baez has postulated this, doesn't make it so. If there were any evidence other than KC's claims it would be part of this ongoing trial but there just isn't.

The jurors aren't allowed to consider Baez's opening statements to be evidence, and rightly so. So with no supporting evidence of any sort they have to disregard Baez's attempt to ambush.

As to the smell in the trunk, people have said the smell of human decomp is unforgettable and unmistakable. It is, the reason being one of survival, we have a natural gag reaction and avoidance response to human decomp, we don't have this to just rotting animal flesh unless we are squeamish, it just smells gross.

KC is just one of those people who is a sly, deceitful chronic liar who has few redeeming qualities, she murdered her baby when she became an inconvenience and tried to set up family and friends to take the fall.

As for Jose Baez his skills as an attorney are sadly undeveloped and affecting his clients ability to get anything close to a fair trial.

I am not assuming KC was molested. I am assuming the jury was stunned by JB's opening statement, and will watch GA like a hawk. I also think JB will try everyplace he can to hint at GA's alleged ("by JB") molestation of KC. JB did not elaborate on what transpired that morning prior to Caylee's accidental drowning.
So, the jurors may think, she drowned while GA was molesting KC once again, and then blaming her. JB is saying KC lies about everything because of the sexual abuse. Her lies about everything have been documented brilliantly on this site, and her lies were both before and after the disappearance. So JB's theory does hold to a certain extent.

As for the smell, the point I was making is that if the smell is as unforgettable and unmistakeable as people say, then why did so many LEO's not take action when walking by the trunk. I think the odor in the trunk is going to turn out to be odor from garbage, but I know I am one of a very few that believe that, so we will just have to agree to disagree on that point.

KC may be a chronic liar, but what made her that way? Was it from a terrible childhood? Or is she just a bad seed.

My entire post is my opinion only.

Actually I don't remember clearly...anyone remember what the reason KC gave the date of June 9th the last time she saw Caylee?

I remember there was some story she was telling about the nanny and her sister taking CA from the park. And she gave her a long list of things she was supposed to do and not do. I have wondered if that will come in at some point.

I am one of the new people to the details of this case, so have been astounded, horrified and shocked the past few days...

That said, the only way I could be convinced that Casey did NOT murder Caylee is if she says she did.

I remember there was some story she was telling about the nanny and her sister taking CA from the park. And she gave her a long list of things she was supposed to do and not do. I have wondered if that will come in at some point.

I remember the park story too, but don't remember the relevancy of June 9th as a date the last time KC saw Caylee. I believe the state will show how KC changed her original story to Blanchard Park to discredit her even more. Its easy to discredit her for sure!

There was a strange reason KC gave for giving the date June 9th. I don't remember well... something about 31 days until she will supposedly supposed be given Caylee back from the nanny.

IIRC, CA gave that date when she was semi-hysterical before LE discovered the date of the nursing home photos. Interesting, ICA said missing 31 days which was a very accurate number of days since Caylee had been seen.

I am one of the new people to the details of this case, so have been astounded, horrified and shocked the past few days...

That said, the only way I could be convinced that Casey did NOT murder Caylee is if she says she did.

I have been astounded, horrified and shocked for the past three years....

And I could not be convinced of anything if ICA said it. How do you know she is lying? Her mouth is moving. JMO

I am not assuming KC was molested. I am assuming the jury was stunned by JB's opening statement, and will watch GA like a hawk. I also think JB will try everyplace he can to hint at GA's alleged ("by JB") molestation of KC. JB did not elaborate on what transpired that morning prior to Caylee's accidental drowning.
So, the jurors may think, she drowned while GA was molesting KC once again, and then blaming her. JB is saying KC lies about everything because of the sexual abuse. Her lies about everything have been documented brilliantly on this site, and her lies were both before and after the disappearance. So JB's theory does hold to a certain extent.

As for the smell, the point I was making is that if the smell is as unforgettable and unmistakeable as people say, then why did so many LEO's not take action when walking by the trunk. I think the odor in the trunk is going to turn out to be odor from garbage, but I know I am one of a very few that believe that, so we will just have to agree to disagree on that point.

KC may be a chronic liar, but what made her that way? Was it from a terrible childhood? Or is she just a bad seed.

My entire post is my opinion only.

I have thought about the odor and it being from the garbage, but the one thing that stops me from believing that is a garbage smell goes away once it is removed. I am thinking of dumpsters and once the garbage is dumped it no longer smells. I don't think a pizza rotting smell would linger that long.

My husband once left liver in a tackle box that was in the trunk of the car that he used for fishing bait. We have very hot summers here in TX and the smell stunk up the whole neighborhood. But when we removed it the smell left. So, I am not convinced the smell was from a bag of trash. jmo

Oh and OT, but I just have to say "Go Mavs".

I have a question. ICA keeps saying the last time she saw CA was June 9, but wasn't she supposed to have been with CA father's day? Or am I totally confused with the dates? tia

That first night LE was called, CA got the 9th confused with the weekend Fathers Day fell on. Everyone around her filling out papers and making statements went with that. It was Yuri who later put together the Father's Day Video because he saw a Father's day card in it. At that point all parties agreed the 9th was just a mistake.

That first night LE was called, CA got the 9th confused with the weekend Fathers Day fell on. Everyone around her filling out papers and making statements went with that. It was Yuri who later put together the Father's Day Video because he saw a Father's day card in it. At that point all parties agreed the 9th was just a mistake.

That sounds logical, but in the tapes today she kept telling LE and everyone the ninth. To say, Father's Day makes more sense to me than giving a date. But that is because I very rarely know the date anymore. lol

Some day you will break out of that shell and be able to express your true feelings. It's not good for you to bottle thinks up like that, you know.

Sigh...all that surpressing emotions and shying away from the Truth must be taking it's toll on me...:innocent:

Guess no one had not even one good reason for keeping this Monster around for Life, Chits and Giggles???

RR
(Working up the Nerve to Speak My Mind)

That sounds logical, but in the tapes today she kept telling LE and everyone the ninth. To say, Father's Day makes more sense to me than giving a date. But that is because I very rarely know the date anymore. lol

The only date of the 9th I heard was on the Universal Tape? And that was made the second day after LE was called and before the mistake was figured out. CA and Yuri had a tiff over the mix up and CA sent Gma Shirley and email and Gma Shirley corrected Ca as well.

Speaking of Shirley, wasn't ICA a cold unusual person when CA was saying her mother wasn't doing well....really wasn't doing well? ICA could have cared less.

It has been a long day and a very tiring court session. I am going to bed.

Good night! See you in the morning - I get to watch all morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member