2011.06.02 Sidebar Day Eight (incl Universal audio discussion)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Eiglarsh (sp?) was on Dr. Drew and he is a defense attorney and he just could not think of one thing to say that will work in this case...he said basically you just put things out there and leave them and hope for the best (paraphrasing) but he could not even keep a straight face.

Actually I don't remember clearly...anyone remember what the reason KC gave the date of June 9th the last time she saw Caylee?

CA started with the June 9th date because she thought that weekend was Fathers Day. The rest of the family "agreed" with her that evening prior to their written statements. LE later cleared it when the tape of Caylee with CA's dad surfaced and validated with the nursing home sign in sheets and employees.

That sounds logical, but in the tapes today she kept telling LE and everyone the ninth. To say, Father's Day makes more sense to me than giving a date. But that is because I very rarely know the date anymore. lol

But was there some email address or code with the word timer31 or timer 55 that was used given by KC. I remember something regarding that.

Baez was paid about 250,000:waitasec:.He should have spent his time wisely looking at all these videos,instead he:loser: went on tv shows an boating with geraldo:innocent:

I would think JB would have been viewing the jailhouse videos in the autumn of 2008, taking notes, and being prepared to present a motion to have those videos redacted.

There was a strange reason KC gave for giving the date June 9th. I don't remember well... something about 31 days until she will supposedly supposed be given Caylee back from the nanny.
I hate to write this but it's what I have understood about the June 9th mix up. Everyone in this family lies. Lies, and lies and lies. They all do it. All four of them. CA is apparently the one who originally "got confused" about the date and everyone (the entire family) followed her lead. Strange but true. (Nothing unusual to the A-family behavior.) Why? Well, eventually it came out that CA was trying to hide the fact that the last day she was with Caylee, she had gone to visit her father at the retirement home where he was staying. Why? Because she didn't want LE to question him/cause him undue stress. So, take it whatever way you want it but despite having discovered that her Grand-daughter was missing, CA was trying to mislead investigators from the get-go because she didn't want to cause strife for her ailing father.

Nothing surprises me from these people.

moo

ETA - I hate the way this whole thing is playing out right now because I believe that KC murdered her daughter and should be found guilty for her crime. This does not however, exculpate her family's behavior in their attempts to hinder legitimate attempts to understand what had really happened to Caylee. I'm not entirely convinced that they have "come around" as yet. LA was not particularly credible on the stand yesterday and he has clearly alligned himself with his parents. Hmmm. Might they all still be just a bunch of Anthony's?

moo

Mr Baez is asking me to believe that GA was willing to dispose of Caylees body to protect his daughter from LE charging her in an accidental death.

Then LE arrests his daughter and she is facing the death penalty, and he stays silent for the next 3 years.

Did he love ICA enough to dispose of the baby, but not enough to save her from death?

Mr Baez is asking me to believe that GA was willing to dispose of Caylees body to protect his daughter from LE charging her in an accidental death.

Then LE arrests his daughter and she is facing the death penalty, and he stays silent for the next 3 years.

Did he love ICA enough to dispose of the baby, but not enough to save her from death?

WOW that was perfect!!!!

But was there some email address or code with the word timer31 or timer 55 that was used given by KC. I remember something regarding that.

Yes, I heard that today as they were going over the list of people for CA to contact. I believe it was some guys text id or email or something of that nature. I don't remember the name though.

Its actually KC that is expecting you to believe all this because this is the story she gave to Baez.

Do you think JB honestly believes it? I have to wonder.

Not for a minute, but he has to defend his client. Half the time he looks like he wants to run out of the courtroom. I bet he regrets the day he ever agreed to take the case, but maybe I'm wrong.

Hey can our tight group get $10,000 toghether to pay for this grief counsler? Because my friends, we are going to need it in a few months when this case is over. We will go into a deep depression and grieve. We certainly don't want to develope "ugly" coping skills. And I'm to old and fat to enter a hot body contest. Can you see us websleuthers running to the fushion club after the verdict is read ... trial over ...ugly coping. All of us in a short tight blue dress with boots.

Yep. I'm still going to need this cane for a week or so.

I missed a lot of the sidebar thread today. What happened???

There is a woman on Joy Behar Kathryn Smerling (psychologist) who says based on ICA's appearance and gestures and body language today that ICA is about to crack. I can't wait to see that. jmo

Do you think JB honestly believes it? I have to wonder.

I'm curious to what JB believes. He knows KC is a chronic liar. He's not daft. I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt that he believes as we all should .."you're innocent until proven guilty". But his job is not to make up a story but to try to convince us that's she's telling the truth. That's a hard job for any attorney!

Not for a minute, but he has to defend his client. Half the time he looks like he wants to run out of the courtroom. I bet he regrets the day he ever agreed to take the case, but maybe I'm wrong.

I totally agree, and I bet the whole DT would run out with him if he did. If I were them I would be in total humiliation. Having been married to a criminal attorney, I know they take high profile cases for publicity, but this is not going to be good publicity for any of them. jmo

Can't help but wonder what ICA's reaction is going to be when she hears this jury's verdict read in court. I don't think this girl has ever once been forced to accept responsibility for anything she's done. The realization that she IS going to be forced to accept responsibility for THIS is going to hit her like a mega-ton of bricks.

I'm curious to what JB believes. He knows KC is a chronic liar. He's not daft. I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt that he believes as we all should .."you're innocent until proven guilty". But his job is not to make up a story but to try to convince us that's she's telling the truth. That's a hard job for any attorney!
Oh good lord!!!! I hope she does.
Wonder if she means crack, as in nervous breakdown... or crack, as in telling the truth about what really happened!??

Is THAT what he was getting at?

I really thought if Jose had anything to say after court today, it would be "we surrender."

I am sure he knows his "grief" person won't be allowed. I think in his own special way, he is trying to defend the indefensible. He knows (has to know) there is no defense, if there ever was one, after the playing of the tapes. She showed far too much affection, fake or otherwise, toward her parents and Lee to be their tortured victim.

Casey must have forced him to use that defense, IMO, as he had to know (please, JB, you do know some of this, don't you) that with the tapes of her lies and her behavior with her family, that the abuse would not fly.

I am seeing a desperate lawyer who wants to be anywhere but there. I think he makes objections, motions, etc. just to try to slow the momentum (not working) or to make the state do extra work, or even just to appear to be trying his best to defend her.

I am not JB's champion by any means, but someone had to defend her and I don't think anyone else would have anything more to work with than he does. Yes, he made his bed by taking on CA and getting close to her, etc...and he is clearly paying the price. But it won't matter in the long run. She will get convicted and he will say he tried his best. And maybe this is his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr