2011.06.03 SIDEBAR THREAD (Trial Day Nine)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the DT get out of attacking every witness. For instance this lady detective didn't say anything directly for or against the defendant, just answered questions but still was attacked.

This is my first time ever I am watching a trial live. (Have read a lot of true crime books)
What I worry about is that she will get an appeal because of her defense. Can seh say, My defense was so bad i deserve a new trial?

Well she did have to have a front tooth fixed cause she fell getting out of the van on her way to court I think this was last year. Her chains got hung up on steps I believe is what happened.

She did have to have tooth fixed from what I can remember she broke tooth.

Her chains got caught on the courthouse elevator. It was even captured on video. Ah, good memories. Well not for Casey, LOL.

I agree, and I've been wanting to ask this question for awhile, but I've been afraid it would be considered snarky, which is NOT my intent in asking the question:

Her mouth appears to have changed shape. I don't mean this in a snarky way at all, but what is going on with her mouth? Has she had some sort of dental surgery or something? If you look at pics taken a few years ago, you can see a big change in the way her mouth looks. Her entire lip, jaw and mouth area seem like they're protruding more than they did in the past. Does anyone know if she's doing this on purpose, or if she had some sort of surgery?

I truly don't mean anything petty when I ask the question. It's just something I've observed and was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing. I couldn't help but notice a physical change in this part of her face.

Maybe she is no longer trying to hide the real KC behind smiles and flirtatious looks, it is pointless now...

I heard that too - wasn't that about the new expert witness? Or was that about the mystery motion that came from CMs office that we never got any more info on?
I thought the hearing on the med. records, etc. was for 1:00pm.

To what end would that serve them? Everyone else smelled the odor, included Simon Birch from the tow yard.

Yes, I know, but many didn't and all the DT has to do is plant reasonable doubt in the juror's mind. Why else would CM bring it up???

BS from WFTV was just saying that ICA's phyical appearance has changed while she was watching all these tapes. Filled with hatred, contempt. She has a different look for sure. Evil.

fla*mom :yes:

Thank you for posting that. I needed confirmation for what I am seeing. I feel that Casey's physical appearance changes dramatically everyday and now I can see it change as she watches these tapes.

I am in no way speaking of her hair, clothes, any such thing. I am speaking of Casey's actual physical appearance: what she appears to look like as in how we recognize a person as being "that person."

The hatred, the contempt, the twisted belief she has that she is also a victim in all of this when nothing could be further from the truth. I think we are all getting a big lesson in what a sociopath is like. :sick:

:twocents:

The reports on television can not get over these tapes! It is funny but in the last 48 hours the talking heads have begun to sound like Websleuthers from the last three years. They have finally caught up with all of you who have been following this from the beginning-and that includes the jury. :innocent:

Casey: caught in lies. These are the head lines. That is is like Casey is torturing her family. How can this woman not just lie but fabricate a such lies. They say these are not "imaginations" as the defense suggests, they are FABRICATIONS. Lies. It is always about Casey and never about Caylee. I think they get it now, and as I said so will the jury.

:cow:

I don't know if this has been answered but this forum moves so fast I will ask here. I heard a brief comment by HHJP about a motion being canceled for tomorrow morning? Was that the one to bring in the Celebrity Grief Counselor?

I believe it was in regards to the Def. attempt to bring on another witness along with Georges Medical Records.. the "Grief Councillor" some have already mentioned...me thinks it aint goin' to fly..JMO of course..thus cancellation of that hearing

Well, she did fall flat on her face on the way to a hearing...so not making that up either...she chipped a tooth and had to get it fixed. Maybe that changed her face along with her trying to be skinnier for trial? I think someone mentioned she wasn't eating or eating very little?

Thank you! It makes perfect sense. I just couldn't understand the reason for that physical change. I can understand weight gain/loss, longer hair, pale skin, etc, but I just couldn't figure out why her mouth looked different. Dental surgery is the only logical reason IMO, but I didn't know why she would have had surgery. Now that I hear about the fall, this makes perfect sense. Thank you again. This has been bugging me.

To what end would that serve them? Everyone else smelled the odor, included Simon Birch from the tow yard.

Well, heck, we even have the very words of KC telling people that her car smelled really bad. Darn suicidal squirrel!

Her chains got caught on the courthouse elevator. It was even captured on video. Ah, good memories. Well not for Casey, LOL.

Sorry that is right. It was the elevator not the van.

So much to remember here.

I never seen the video does anyone have the link?

I'm sorry, but it's beyond me on how some of these LE didn't smell the decomp in the car, and how all of the people who DID claim to smell it, and recognize it, seemed to just push it aside for a while...

I'm sure many of you disagree with me, so I would like to hear your take on this for some reassurance. I need it.

This officer who sealed the car does not remember a smell from the car either???

DT is going to say in some way they are suspect that LE later introduced the smell in the car by planting decomp....YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!!!

BBM
She said she doesn't remember if the car smelled or not. She was just part of the chain of command, not one of the CSIs. She was only responsible for getting the car from the house to LE garage.

Regarding that tweet from Kealing saying that Juror #16 looked down and smiled at Mason...I think Kealing got that wrong. My opinion is that the juror looked down because he knew he couldn't hold his smile back, and was actually smiling about Charity. Don't think any juror would be smiling at the rude, obnoxious attitude of CM. Kealing just proving once again which side of the courtroom he favors. *rolleyes*

It seemed very rude to me. The last woman to testify appeared to have played a very minor technical role in all this, so there was no need to be confrontational in any manner IMO.

Why did he ask if she opened the computer and saw if it worked?
I don't think if you're asked to come and pick up evidence that you're supposed to tamper with it before it's been investigated. Say, what if someone wanted fingerprints off the on/off button and she'd used it?

I'm sorry, but it's beyond me on how some of these LE didn't smell the decomp in the car, and how all of the people who DID claim to smell it, and recognize it, seemed to just push it aside for a while...

I'm sure many of you disagree with me, so I would like to hear your take on this for some reassurance. I need it.

I am having trouble with this as well...
They know they have a missing person...the smell from the car is the elephant in the room...

Well, she did fall flat on her face on the way to a hearing...so not making that up either...she chipped a tooth and had to get it fixed. Maybe that changed her face along with her trying to be skinnier for trial? I think someone mentioned she wasn't eating or eating very little?

well, she's gotten a few years older, and let's face it, even though it's a short period of time 22 to 25 produces changes - no more teenagery "look" - :twocents: Your features and bones mature and settle into the adult countenance. I've got several nieces the same age as ICA (as well as DS) and I've observed these changes in them. Combine that with less than optimal skin care, and making that pouty face all the time, and you get "the look" IMHO

I agree, and I've been wanting to ask this question for awhile, but I've been afraid it would be considered snarky, which is NOT my intent in asking the question:

Her mouth appears to have changed shape. I don't mean this in a snarky way at all, but what is going on with her mouth? Has she had some sort of dental surgery or something? If you look at pics taken a few years ago, you can see a big change in the way her mouth looks. Her entire lip, jaw and mouth area seem like they're protruding more than they did in the past. Does anyone know if she's doing this on purpose, or if she had some sort of surgery?

I truly don't mean anything petty when I ask the question. It's just something I've observed and was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing. I couldn't help but notice a physical change in this part of her face.

My uneducated guess is that it's partly losing tone in her facial muscles. She's not smiling, laughing, and partying in prison. She probably doesn't register much emotion at all when there's no audience. So her face has just fallen flat.

This was one of the quotes from ICA in the videos shown today that really stood out to me:

"I can only hold so much back. I can only hold so much in."

According to her defense, ICA is able to have extremely traumatic things happen and go about her day as if nothing happened.

Sooo, JB & ICA ... which is it? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member