2011.06.03 SIDEBAR THREAD (Trial Day Nine)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This officer who sealed the car does not remember a smell from the car either???

DT is going to say in some way they are suspect that LE later introduced the smell in the car by planting decomp....YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!!!

Still Reeling about those tapes. Wouldn't you think Baez & Mason would have poured over them before concocting their Opening Statement?

What is the line that goes " Never write a check that you can't cash" Trial Defense 101

Hi there.
It really seems they both did not watch those videos. I was watching WFtv and the commentators also mentioned that. One would bet dollars on it that mason did not watch those videos otherwise he would not have come up with the drowning defense.

Oh man. Selfish spoiled liar Casey all morning. And now we're starting to move into Forensics. I almost lost it when the detective said she found the mama doll in the car or something like that. I am going to need a whole case of wine before this day is over.

Wine would be great thank you. I think that the DT is on edge with the Forensics coming into play. Why is everyone scrambling to get under that short bus? Beats me!

I figure we heard more true things in this vid than she's ever said.

a) She's really truly mad that other people ate good food without her.
b) Caylee was just another business transaction at this point
c) her parents really should have bailed her out in her opinion
d) the thought of Caylee alive with someone else really made her sick. (That problem is solved now.)

I do wonder if the jury will pick up on the fact that with Casey's encouragement, the Anthonys all set out to collect donations of money. And, that Casey was also having her own attorney to "do business for her" and that he was in NY doing just that on Aug 14, 2008.

I agree, and I've been wanting to ask this question for awhile, but I've been afraid it would be considered snarky, which is NOT my intent in asking the question:

Her mouth appears to have changed shape. I don't mean this in a snarky way at all, but what is going on with her mouth? Has she had some sort of dental surgery or something? If you look at pics taken a few years ago, you can see a big change in the way her mouth looks. Her entire lip, jaw and mouth area seem like they're protruding more than they did in the past. Does anyone know if she's doing this on purpose, or if she had some sort of surgery?

I truly don't mean anything petty when I ask the question. It's just something I've observed and was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing. I couldn't help but notice a physical change in this part of her face.

Well, she did fall flat on her face on the way to a hearing...so not making that up either...she chipped a tooth and had to get it fixed. Maybe that changed her face along with her trying to be skinnier for trial? I think someone mentioned she wasn't eating or eating very little?

His Honor said this morning that the 8:30 Saturday hearing was cancelled. Does anyone know what that hearing was supposed to be about?

I heard that too - wasn't that about the new expert witness? Or was that about the mystery motion that came from CMs office that we never got any more info on?

This officer who sealed the car does not remember a smell from the car either???

DT is going to say in some way they are suspect that LE later introduced the smell in the car by planting decomp....YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!!!

To what end would that serve them? Everyone else smelled the odor, included Simon Birch from the tow yard.

Well Casey KNEW about an odor, a smell in the car, it was decomp. and she didn't notify anyone..not even her superiors...oh wait..she's the Boss the CEO..

IS is unreal...talking about Casey breaking down and having trouble keeping it together?
She really broke down?

I missed that...

I agree, and I've been wanting to ask this question for awhile, but I've been afraid it would be considered snarky, which is NOT my intent in asking the question:

Her mouth appears to have changed shape. I don't mean this in a snarky way at all, but what is going on with her mouth? Has she had some sort of dental surgery or something? If you look at pics taken a few years ago, you can see a big change in the way her mouth looks. Her entire lip, jaw and mouth area seem like they're protruding more than they did in the past. Does anyone know if she's doing this on purpose, or if she had some sort of surgery?

I truly don't mean anything petty when I ask the question. It's just something I've observed and was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing. I couldn't help but notice a physical change in this part of her face.

Well she did have to have a front tooth fixed cause she fell getting out of the van on her way to court I think this was last year. Her chains got hung up on steps I believe is what happened.

She did have to have tooth fixed from what I can remember she broke tooth.

I think CM is so mad after seeing these tapes, that he just can't get his anger under control. JB is doing a bang up job. CM, are you having fun yet?

IMO Mason is proving he is nothing but an ostentatious bully..

Sadly, I have eaten 5 mini Reese PB cups and 6 dill pickle spears since 730am. No I'm not prego, just wierd....lol

Sounds good to me!

But then, I had fajitas and coffee for breakfast:)

It just occurred to me-maybe CM was trying to distract the jurors from the tapes. I mean, we're all abuzz about how awful he was. Maybe the goal was to keep the focus away from how evil Casey is in the tapes, while the jurors go off to lunch & think about the morning.

Good grief..if I wasn't so freakin' addicted to this case..I could walk off, I'm so sick of her (ICA) voice and attitude

OK... Why is it that everyone thinks CM has such a terrific reputation as an attorney? This is a serious question. I'll admit, I haven't researched his bio or record much. Is this reputation based on his number of years practicing law? Just because someone has been around a long time doesn't necessarily make them a good lawyer, IMO. I'm asking because I just don't see it. All I see is him relying on his good ole country boy routine in an effort to charm and schmooze everyone, including the Judge. And his style of cross examination is deplorable. What am I missing about his supposed illustrious reputation? :waitasec:

I think it is pretty much what Mr Hornsby says, Mason is past his prime he just isn't up to doing this anymore and especially not on this sort of case and with so much discovery that he obviously doesn't know it back to front.

OK... Why is it that everyone thinks CM has such a terrific reputation as an attorney? This is a serious question. I'll admit, I haven't researched his bio or record much. Is this reputation based on his number of years practicing law? Just because someone has been around a long time doesn't necessarily make them a good lawyer, IMO. I'm asking because I just don't see it. All I see is him relying on his good ole country boy routine in an effort to charm and schmooze everyone, including the Judge. And his style of cross examination is deplorable. What am I missing about his supposed illustrious reputation? :waitasec:

Well, we know one thing for sure about him - if he ever knew the first rule of Negotiating with Power, he's forgotten it.

It is: Never be the first person to "blink". :innocent:

The trouble for Mason was I'm pretty sure the jury wasn't listening to what he was asking the Detective - they were thinking..WTH is this lawyer behaving like this for?:great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela