2011.06.03 SIDEBAR THREAD (Trial Day Nine)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had watched all these videos back in the day. But after knowing what we know now and reviewing them it is very clear KC did not think Caylee would be found and connected back to her and the home.iirc there were also searches on the computer for missing children, sure would like to know the dates of those searches. Because it is all beginning to be ever so clear that she was going for the missing child plot. And you know what that would have had a better chance of flying than this I was molested defense they dreamed up.jmo No one can watch these videos and not walk away knowing her father had no idea!! He was offering her up to the fbi for gosh sakes. jmo

This is what has me a bit worried (just a tad). We all know so much more about this case than the jurors since we've been following it for three years. It's easy for us to see, but will the jurors see it as clearly as we do?

I'm hoping that with LDB's clear and precise time line it will all become clear to the jurors.

(Sorry, I'm a few pages behind. :))

Well Mr. Baez not only has to worry about how ineffective he was, but he also has to worry about a client who can make up stories on the spot complete with imaginary people. What if Casey suddenly turns on him and claims he told her to say things? What if the Anthonys suddenly turn on him after this trial? We certainly know that Mr. Baez had a pretty tight hold on George and Cindy even up to the last hearings that were held before trial. Remember George being led in his questioning by Baez about being an Agent of the State and FBI?

Now George is thrown under the bus? I'm not saying there was, but if there was any coaching going on I think Baez has much more to worry about at this point than this jury. MOO

Excellent points grandmaj! Baez is more like his client then I ever imagined in the past three years of the imagining I have been doing in regards to him.

He (like his client) plays fast and loose with the truth, and I believe his decisions and behavior morph from moment to moment, as he faces what comes at him. The BIG problem with this is that I believe that just like his client he doesn't have the ability to think very far in advance. I think he may have a better grip on it then ICA, who can't think in advance of 10 minutes, but I certainly don't give him the credit of being able to consciously or with forethought have made his way through the last almost three years in the midst of this mess with the ability to think THAT much further in advance then Casey. He will regret some of his choices and decisions through this process, I have no doubt whatsoever- but how exactly they will come back to bite him in the azz... only time will tell (and the outcome of this trial)we shall see!!!!

Beware Mr Baez, hell hath no fury then that of one I.C.A.!!!!:banghead:

Maybe she's lying. Or, GA and CA and the tow yard worker and Lee and ICA and everyone else who smelled the odor are lying. Or....maybe, just possible, the car had been aired out and deoderized and resealed....and the officer didn't smell a strong odor? Strong enough to make an impression that she would remember?? Trying to think of other reasons to make this very important....thinking....

Cars have seals around doors and the trunk....if all were closed I dont think she would notice an odor unless she OPENED the trunk which she says she didnt. She was just there to put crime scene tape around it and have it towed. The only thing I can think of.
If the seals/gaskets are still in good shape it would keep any odors in.

Holistic medicine addresses all components of a person, mind, body and spirit, all those areas which contribute to optimum health. If we are "sick" in mind, it affects all aspects of our life. I am a Hospice nurse, who has worked on a masters in Wholistic Health Studies. Can't imagine how this can help her at this juncture, but she obviously is not a "healthy mind"

Oh yeah I know that. As I said in my post, I meant no offense and hope none was taken. I personally do explore holistic avenues and alternatives when it is appropriate myself. I was just being a smart a$$ :crazy:

WHO told Casey when the body was found? They have her on video at the moment she supposedly 'finds out' her daughter has died...Am I understanding that right?

I'll bet it IS 'prejudicial.'

IIRC (jump in anytime peeps) - she had gotten wind of it on her radio and then they brought her to the infirmary where the television was showing the initial recovery - camera's in the infirmary, etc. Strickland sealed it tout de suite as more prejudicial than probative. (So it was likely quite telling - Strickland didn't seal much).

Additionally, I think there's a tape and a transcript out there of an interview with one of her handler's that day Tammy Unser??? you might be able to scare that up....

so what happened with the HOLISTIC nurse?

wasnt there a hearing this am?

is dreamland going up a notcH?

I don't know, but this morning, before the trial began, Judge Perry confirmed with the attorneys that the hearing scheduled for tomorrow at 8:30 am was cancelled. Anyone know what the Sat. hearing was supposed to address?

Sorry, just saw that this had already been answered.

Does anyone have the "Casey Cam" link available to post. :tyou:

Just got here, trying to catch up in trial thread. Hope I didn't miss anything good. I've seen these videos too many times already, just couldn't watch again.

I agree, and I've been wanting to ask this question for awhile, but I've been afraid it would be considered snarky, which is NOT my intent in asking the question:

Her mouth appears to have changed shape. I don't mean this in a snarky way at all, but what is going on with her mouth? Has she had some sort of dental surgery or something? If you look at pics taken a few years ago, you can see a big change in the way her mouth looks. Her entire lip, jaw and mouth area seem like they're protruding more than they did in the past. Does anyone know if she's doing this on purpose, or if she had some sort of surgery?

I truly don't mean anything petty when I ask the question. It's just something I've observed and was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing. I couldn't help but notice a physical change in this part of her face.

I have noticed this as well. her whole jaw area really juts out now. Her head shape seems different and I think the answer is simple: She no longer has a face-framing haircut. When her hair was shorter, it suited her better and hid her jutting jaw bone. For some reason, though, she won't cut it but the long hair does not suit her face or head shape (narrows her head, especially her forehead) and makes her look Mansonish, IMO.

But I do believe that evil people physically morph with time.

Hi there.
It really seems they both did not watch those videos. I was watching WFtv and the commentators also mentioned that. One would bet dollars on it that mason did not watch those videos otherwise he would not have come up with the drowning defense.

I guarantee you that all the members of the defense team poured over those tapes, repeatedly. They took what they could from them to create a theory. GA does less of the questioning, casey mentions their broken relationship, he calls her "gorgeous", etc. They are simply desperate and are trying to grasp at straws.

And I think when they hear the tapes in open court, after they gave the jury their theory, they realize how ludicrous it sounds and how cruel their client comes across, assuring her parents, sending them on wild goose chases, when she admittedly knew Caylee was dead. But they just don't have much to work with.

I'm sorry, but it's beyond me on how some of these LE didn't smell the decomp in the car, and how all of the people who DID claim to smell it, and recognize it, seemed to just push it aside for a while...

I'm sure many of you disagree with me, so I would like to hear your take on this for some reassurance. I need it.

Gitana,
the jurors were paying close attention.. taking notes.. looking at Casey.. looking over at Cindy and George.. smirking... making faces, etc...

Jose allegedly was texting people magazine reporter during the video...

so, what did you think of CM's "style" of "cross" "examination"?

Thanks Nurse! Wow, I think this style of cross is obnoxious, at best. I don't think it ever plays well with a jury and I'm not sure why defense attorneys do this.

When I cross someone, I am very even-toned and polite. Yes, I frame my questions in the way I want them, and to pin down the opposition, but there is no reason not to be polite.

Only once was I kind of rude. I raised my voice a bit and asked, not sarcastic, but inflammatory questions. That's because the opposition I was questioning was a very violent, scary man who could hide his violence and act really well. This was a domestic violence case and I had to show the judge what this guy was capable of. So I tried to pizz him off. It worked, he showed his temper and we got the RO.

But that was the only time I was less than polite, and I still called him "sir" and I didn't act like JB or CM at all.

My feeling is that the style of cross they employ shows desperation. They don't know what to do so they try to generally show disdain for any state's witness.

My law partner said it is a typical newbie move, showing lack of experience. He says that newbies think they have to attack every witness, every statement, no matter what. Why CM would do this thouhg, with his years of experience, is beyond me.

I think lawyers need to pick their battles. Like the state does. Notice how they failed to redirect her? That's because nothing on cross was damaging to them. And really, there was nothing this witness said that needed to be picked apart by the defense. It's a sign of panic, IMO.

All they had to do was, in a polite tone, affirm that she didn't smell anything, and then move on.

ETA: Babycat - I'm not worried about the fact that some people didn't smell anything. There could be multiple reasons for it - focus, or different air conditions, etc. The fact it, casey referenced the death smell herself. That's enough.

All I want is to come home. Not, all I want is for Caylee to be found.

I think casey had rapid weight loss giving that different appearance to her mouth. wait for her body to adjust to the weight loss, it will go back to her normal contour.

JA said in at least one hearing that ICA needed to have "adequate representation" ICA is not guaranteed excellent representation. She has been asked by her family and publicly by the Judge if she is happy with her legal representation and said yes every time.

JB and CM have had a grand old time (along with DS and AL among others) treating the judicial system, witnesses, ICA's family and the police with derision and contempt. Everyone else is to blame and has conspired against their poor, innocent client. Instead of really preparing for this trial they have wasted their time and now they are paying for it. I have no sympathy for them. How dare JB knowingly float this defense theory? How dare he be offended and worried the jury might think badly of him after hearing the jail videos? What effrontery!

Of course we all know ICA will turn on JB when this is over and claim ineffective counsel. I'll post this again when ICA files her appeals and throws JB under the bus!

:rocker: I agree !

BRBM: It is "my opinion" that ICA has already turned on JB, but he is "stuck" -- it's far too late for him to get off this case now. I believe their "honeymoon" of attorney/client was over a long time ago ...

It is "my opinion" that not only will she claim "ineffective counsel," she will claim "sexual molestation" from him, amongst other things ... MOO MOO MOO

We know from the "Jail Visit Logs" that he stopped "visiting" a long time ago ... the "You're acting like a 2 year old comment" that JB made to ICA recently ... the noticeable "tension" between JB and ICA while in the courtroom when the Jury is NOT present ...

ICA has turned on everyone else ... it is just a matter of time that she will turn on JB ...

:cow:

I'm worried about this juror (don't know her #) who said she couldn't "judge" someone. Jean Casaras was saying this juror had not taken notes but wrote something in her notebook when Casey was crying and emotional in one of the jailhouse vids. I think this juror is going to be the holdout.

Bad for who?

Bad for KC. No one will ever believe that George put it on her and after watching all the lies, I couldn't put it past KC. Her character, which I know shouldn't be an issue, yada, yada, yada, is glaring in these tapes. Like I said yesterday, we really kinda knew, bbut we still had that last little bit out doubt and hope that we were holding on to for the sake of Caylee still being alive. The jury goes into these tapes seeing how manipulative she is and how she told everyone that she could "absolutely feel it" that Caylee was alive. It's a horrible, horrible thing to do to that family. After all of this, I don't see how anyone could believe a thing that comes from the defense side. They may have some bombshell, but I just don't see it. Nor do I see how RK or any of that is relevant to her accident theory or her admitted participation in a bogus cover up. There is just too much. Too many lies to overcome. It was over before it started. Any hold outs on an accident, have to see her behavior and then vomit at the thought of the tape.

Watch her tonight on Nancy G.....she will be all opposite of how she acts on IS. She is pro-defense during the day, pro-prosecution during the night!!! Or maybe she is just scared that Nancy will yell at her.

I think they drew straws and Jean lost!!:floorlaugh:

Someone had to be pro-defense on IS.

What? :waitasec:

What did Belich say? Helling is getting all giddy because Jose smiled at him? ewww

Belich tweeted

KBelichWFTV
Baez is exchanging texts with people magazine reporter during video jail visit presentation
about 2 hours ago from Twitter for BlackBerry®

This was after Helling, People Magazine reporter, tweeted:

stevehelling
#JoseBaez just smiled at me as #CaseyAnthony and #GeorgeAnthony complained about People magazine.
about 3 hours ago from Twitter for iPad

Then Helling got the Belich's tweet via a retweet on his page (stay with me here...haha) and he was nonplussed...and responded "What on earth are you talking about?" to the person that retweeted Belich. (I guess Helling and Belich don't follow each other :crazy: )

Then Helling tweeted, a second ago

stevehelling
So it appears that @KBelichWFTV may have overheard me saying something to someone else, but I'm not sure she has the whole story.
29 minutes ago in reply to KBelichWFTV from Mobile Web

Sorry, I know that was confusing:)

I'm new-ish to this website & wondering if there's a post anywhere that shows links to the various jailhouse videos. Is the one where she reacts to child's remains being found available online anywhere?

That tape was sealed by Judge Strickland . His answer to the motion is a great read,though.

Bill S on WFTV think CM never saw the videos - he wouldn't have gone along with Baez's OS
Bill thinks they will have a shot at the ineffective couns. appeal. :(

I don't understand how Cheney Mason's neglecting to review evidence on a case he agreed to be part of can then be used to claim ineffective counsel. Not sure how it works but isn't not taking the time to do your homework a rather lame excuse? IDK

IIRC (jump in anytime peeps) - she had gotten wind of it on her radio and then they brought her to the infirmary where the television was showing the initial recovery - camera's in the infirmary, etc. Strickland sealed it tout de suite as more prejudicial than probative. (So it was likely quite telling - Strickland didn't seal much).

Additionally, I think there's a tape and a transcript out there of an interview with one of her handler's that day Tammy Unser??? you might be able to scare that up....

Yes, thank you for your post. I made a post yesterday on the thread regarding the new witness for the defense. Among other issues the State and HHJP brought forward as to why the defense cannot use this witness: HHJP stated...

That the time frame of when bereavement begins is "when the body is found." And, so if the defense was going to say Casey saw Caylee's body on June 16th, then her reaction to Caylee's remains being found in the woods would be something they might not want the jury to see. From my understanding this video was won of the motions the defense one to keep out of the trial.

But, and I am just guessing completely: it seems like the defense would be opening the door to that video coming in-because they will have to (per HHJP) define when the bereavement began which is when you see the body.

Does that make any sense. My post in the new witness thread makes much more sense. :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member