2011.06.03 SIDEBAR THREAD (Trial Day Nine)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one thing that has always puzzled me.

Why did ICA have that weak moment when she admitted to La she hadn't seen Caylee in a month?

Why couldn't she come up with something like she'd been doing for 30 days? - like "Caylee's with Zanny in Cocoa Beach, but Zanny's number is on my other phone which is in my office at Universal. The building is closed but I'll go get it tomorrow and call Zanny and tell her to bring Caylee back, blah, blah blah" - like she seemed to be able to do so well before and after that moment. She had $200 of Amy's cash - she could have beat it out of town and maybe gotten away - she was keeping MH in dangling and told him she was going to Calif.

I think MAYBE she was just trying to hold CA off until TL went home to NY and thought she'd be going with him, saying she gave custody of Caylee to her parents, and CA and GA and her "friends" not knowing how to find her.

How did she let that slip? I really don't think she came up with the ZFG story until LA clued her in to what LE would do when they got there.

Help me out here - any ideas?

Because, as I recall, Lee said "Look, if you say she is with the nanny in Cocoa Beach or wherever, the cops will say, fine, we'll just go check this out, or we'll call the cops in Cocoa Beach and they'll check it out." I don't recall his exact words, but he made it clear to her that the cops would not just accept this story and they wouldn't CARE if Caylee was supposedly asleep or whatever, they would insist on going to check it out. That's when she realized she needed to come up with another story.

And I'm sure that she also immediately realized that if LE did start checking things out, they'd find out pretty quick that NOBODY had seen Caylee in 31 days. That's why she came up with the kidnapping story. We've seen that she was quick at thinking on her feet, this is another example.

I agree that she was planning to either run off to NY with Tony or try to persuade her "back-up plan" (Mark H.) to let her come live with him in California. She'd tell the guys Caylee was with her parents, tell her parents Caylee was with her. Problem solved in Casey's "never plan too far ahead" mind.

Tink

Great question. I think maybe she knew her mom had called the police twice at that time, the 3rd was after she heard caylee was kidnapped. I also think that Lee might not have been as forthcoming with what he said to his sister. I think he was harping on her about the stink of the car and then she folded and came up with she was kidnapped. lee did state the smell was so bad he couldnt stay in the garage.

I want to know why casey didn't torch the car and beat feet out of dodge. Once the car smelled she should have doused the trunk with gasoline, called her parents and say, caylee and I left for another state to start a new life, I will get in touch with you in a year. Then she really should of left. When caylee's body was eventually found there would be no reports of a missing child.

Agree.........the only other thing I can think of by this time she had run out of ideas..............no wait...we are talking about ICA here...she can come up with them in the blink of an eye. Maybe she knew she was cornered and no way out....shoot I dunno.

Great question. I think maybe she knew her mom had called the police twice at that time, the 3rd was after she heard caylee was kidnapped. I also think that Lee might not have been as forthcoming with what he said to his sister. I think he was harping on her about the stink of the car and then she folded and came up with she was kidnapped. lee did state the smell was so bad he couldnt stay in the garage.

I want to know why casey didn't torch the car and beat feet out of dodge. Once the car smelled she should have doused the trunk with gasoline, called her parents and say, caylee and I left for another state to start a new life, I will get in touch with you in a year. Then she really should of left. When caylee's body was eventually found there would be no reports of a missing child.

Ya know i dont think KC could survive on her own. she had no money she spent all the money she stole. she needed these guys to swoon over her make her look like she is wonderfull..Her parents were her meal ticket they took care of them... she had no escape... no where to go, wasnt there a guy in Calif or somewhere there abouts in the service or something she was going to go see?

I need to start making lists i cant keep all these ppl straight there are so many reAL and imagined!

Oh and one more thing she didnt expect her mom and AMY TO COME FIND HER! I think maybe she was going to run.

I think you're right about this, and your comment has me thinking about something else.

What has been getting to me lately is how *convincing* she is. Honestly, when I listen to her in the videos from jail--if I didn't know about the fictional world that she created that she expects everybody else to adopt as well--I feel like she is wrongly accused. She seems credible when she spins her stories.

Melich remarked on this as well in his testimony. She was so "determined" at Universal, by his description, the same detectives that told her that they knew she was lying then began to focus on questions about Zanny and other figments of Casey's imagination, and followed this up by having her look at pictures of potential Zannies even when LE was virtually certain that Zanny didn't exist!

Her behavior is uncanny, and I'm sure her parents and brother believed her in spite of their collective common sense.

How does she do it?

I have been thinking about this all week. I agree she is very convincing. I watch the jail visit tapes, and I think I would believe her if I didn't know better. There is no doubt lying is the girl's talent. It is eerie to me, and it gives me the creeps.

What do you think goes on in the mind of two people like Baez and ICA that they can take the medical records George gave them in an effort to help his daughter and then turned around and do what they did to him?

Baez and ICA perfectly suited to each other.

But KC was using Zanny the Nanny well before LE arrived on the scene. What do you mean? She came up with "Zanny took Caylee story" just before LE arrived at her home? I thought she told Lee that that she has not seen Caylee in 31 days and then later when CA came in, said Zanny took Caylee, but I am not sure if I recall correctly.

Yes, that's what I meant - she came up with the "Zanny took Caylee story" just after LA told her what LE would do. Sorry.
At that time CA had called 911 twice and were coming to investigate the stolen car report. She was in the hall and overheard ICA say she hadn't seen Caylee in 31 days. CA said "what have you done" or something similar. LA or CA asked something about someone having her (I think) and that's when she she said Zanny had her. CA then made the 3rd 911 call.

Because, as I recall, Lee said "Look, if you say she is with the nanny in Cocoa Beach or wherever, the cops will say, fine, we'll just go check this out, or we'll call the cops in Cocoa Beach and they'll check it out." I don't recall his exact words, but he made it clear to her that the cops would not just accept this story and they wouldn't CARE if Caylee was supposedly asleep or whatever, they would insist on going to check it out. That's when she realized she needed to come up with another story.

And I'm sure that she also immediately realized that if LE did start checking things out, they'd find out pretty quick that NOBODY had seen Caylee in 31 days. That's why she came up with the kidnapping story. We've seen that she was quick at thinking on her feet, this is another example.

I agree that she was planning to either run off to NY with Tony or try to persuade her "back-up plan" (Mark H.) to let her come live with him in California. She'd tell the guys Caylee was with her parents, tell her parents Caylee was with her. Problem solved in Casey's "never plan too far ahead" mind.

Tink

You got it, i was thinking that also and no one would have been the wiser!

I think he means, why didn't casey CONTINUE with the caylee is somewhere safe with zanny, why all of a sudden..she was kidnapped.

I think there was to much pressure on her to produce caylee plus the police were on their way.

I guess she knew that was d-day for her...she had to come up with something other than "Caylee was with the Nanny" if the police were coming. If she had said "Caylee is with the Nanny", of course the police were not to find her. If she said "Nanny took off with Caylee" I guess that explained to the police why they could not find her. Of course it all does not make sense...you would have to be an idiot to think the police would just take your word and not check on whatever you claimed. KC does not seem that daft. But I don't understand sociopaths if that is what she is. I don't think being a sociopath means you are extremely stupid also, but in this case, who knows?

I have been wondering if Casey will speak to MSM when this is over and she is on Death Row (probably)? Does anyone think she will eventually speak out when this all dies down? I know some in jail won't speak out and other's thrive for MSM. Which do you think she will be?

I know Casey is all me me me so I bet she speaks to MSM to keep the camera on "her".

Just wanted to pop in here for a moment to thank our transcribers! It is sooooo much appreciated by those of us stuck at work, sneaking peeks at the thread.

Now back to reading the trial threads. :crazy:

:tyou:

I have been wondering if Casey will speak to MSM when this is over and she is on Death Row (probably)? Does anyone think she will eventually speak out when this all dies down? I know some in jail won't speak out and other's thrive for MSM. Which do you think she will be?

I know Casey is all me me me so I bet she speaks to MSM to keep the camera on "her".

Oh I am so very sure that once she is out of the public eye she will be clamoring to "Tell Her Story".

Aww honey sure she will talk....she will have so many dudes writing her and wanting to be her friend.....she will spin new tales everyday,lol......
You know looking at her today she reminds me of an old saying we have here in the south.......she looks like she has been rode hard and put up wet. IMO
roflmbo:great:

What do you think goes on in the mind of two people like Baez and ICA that they can take the medical records George gave them in an effort to help his daughter and then turned around and do what they did to him?

You are so right. But Baez will drop ICA from his life once this case is over. Yes there will be the round of morning shows, NG, JVM, etc. but he latched onto the nation wide interest in this case and he is using it as his shot to fame
fortune and Johnny Cochran status.

ICA uses everyone she comes in contact with including JB. No one who has contact with ICA will be left whole when this case is over. She will decimate her family and she and JB intend to crucify GA .

They are both users and the understanding here IMO is that they are both ok with doing this at this time.

There was a time that maybe the DP was the best option but now LWOP would allow ICA to watch how life goes on without her and it will torment her when the TV cameras go away and all her lies have been exposed.

We don't want to know what goes on in their minds now do we,lol...but you are right.....they are perfectly suited.

I don't understand sociopaths if that is what she is. I don't think being a sociopath means you are extremely stupid also, but in this case, who knows?

Respectfully snipped for space.

In my experience, they are NOT stupid...but they kinda are. They are good at everything in the beginning. It's when they are backed into a corner that things get dumb. It's all a stalling tactic. They put everything off as long as humanly possible and while making an escape. Once they just disappear, they are no longer held responsible for anything they do, and that is a good thing because they don't care, much less want to deal with silly things like responsibility.

Baez asked inappropriate questions of someone who was tasked with the "collection" of evidence. It is not the job of this witness to test or analyze the evidence that he collects.

Baez also appears to be very eager to ask questions in regards to "cheese." (yes, I used quotes!)

Sun, what did you mean by those quotes, may I ask? Are you saying that "cheese" is "important"?:crazy:

It seems that Baez, when he asks a question that is inappropriate, and the prosecution "objects" and the objection is sustained, he just asks the same question again. Is he "confused", or is it me?:waitasec:

Tink

Thanks Tink, :seeya:

What I meant was, if she had told CA some other story other than "just give me one more day", CA might never have called the cops. It would have been a trick to take off and get away, knowing they had her car back and all, but she still seems to think she can get away with anything. I don't know if she even realized LE could trace her phone pings, (unless she saw it on TV or in a movie) but I believe she would have thought she only needed to make one call to MH - she had set that up already.

She certainly reverted to "liar ICA" to be bold enough to lead LE down that hall at Universal!

IDK - I've been :waitasec: for almost 3 years about this . . . :banghead:

I just read something about sociopaths that says the behavior of a sociopath comes into the existence around adolescence. Why would that be?

I wish PA wouldn't go to painful lengths to introduce details. I skipped most of prosecution's witnesses today and I would think that jurors might also get tired and disconnect and lose some of the more important parts.
Gerardo reading tag numbers, item numbers, exact time of collection, etc. made me fall asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3