2011.06.04 TRIAL Day Ten (Morning Session ONLY)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The witness did testify that not all hairs exhibit death banding only some and the scientists don't know why

at least that is what I understand

This too has me baffeled. Why don't the duct tape hair have the death band?
:waitasec:

no no, the tape pulled the hair out, when it fell out SHE WAS ALIVE - she was alive when the tape went ON

the hair in the trunk had the death band - it fell out (of the bag or her head) after she had died with the tape on...

Wow, I missed it before but the hair in the trunk had a death band, and the hair taken from the duct tape did not, ergo... The tape was placed on a live Caylee!! This also goes to prove murder, not accident!!! There is no way a little girl falls in the pool so you take her out when she is alive and put duct tape over her mouth and nose to make her feel better... This is also likely the instrument of death. Ouch, no wonder they don't want this witness to testify!!

Good morning, I am really awake now after reading the above post. Post of the day so far. Really wraps it up, imho too.

Wow, I missed it before but the hair in the trunk had a death band, and the hair taken from the duct tape did not, ergo... The tape was placed on a live Caylee!! This also goes to prove murder, not accident!!! There is no way a little girl falls in the pool so you take her out when she is alive and put duct tape over her mouth and nose to make her feel better... This is also likely the instrument of death. Ouch, no wonder they don't want this witness to testify!!
This needs to be emphasized again!

Sorry if I missed this, I have been watching, but are George and Cindy there today? I haven't seen a shot of them.

Because it came out of her head while she was alive.
The death band hair came out of a dead Caylee.

People from the courtroom reporting that Casey has no reaction when Lowe says the hair showed characteristics of decomposition.
by Jessica Steck/WESH.com at 9:55 AM

Did the witness just say she found a post mortem hair in Caylee's brush?

I didnt hear that - I think she said the 'control' hair (the one that was used as a comparison that was known to be Caylee's) was a single hair in the hair brush. They compared the root banded hair to the hairbrush hair.

I going to have to listen to this again closer. I don't understand everything I know about it. LOL

Don't know... Am I missing something here... As you say, why didn't the hair in the duct tape develop a death band too? Would seem both samples would have the death band.

I don't know either. Maybe every hair doesn't doesn't show the death band due to "whatever" circumstances? :waitasec:

Expert says the hair did not come from #CaseyAnthony but it did look similar to the hairs of Caylee Anthony

by cfnews13casey via twitter at 6:54 AM

Lowe explains the hair known as state's exhibit 99, says it was head hair w/ apparent decomposition

by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 6:53 AM

(These are PDT times, folks ... pretty sure y'all figured that out.)

#caseyanthonytrial Juror 11 leaned forward and noted findings of decomp in hair many now taking notes.
by bobkealing via twitter at 9:55 AM

Did I understand correctly that the death band only shows from day 2- day 15? If so, could this show that the duck tape was not applied until after day 15? Can anyone comment and theorize?

no no, the tape pulled the hair out, when it fell out SHE WAS ALIVE - she was alive when the tape went ON

the hair in the trunk had the death band - it fell out (of the bag or her head) after she had died with the tape on...

Got it now, thanks. Duh, guess I hadn't had enough coffee.

I love science, I love DNA! I don't understand how it all works, but I love it all.

Decomp band hair sent for DNA analysis!!

Holy cow...this is powerful!

bobkealing bob kealing
#caseyanthonytrial Juror 11 leaned forward and noted findings of decomp in hair many now taking notes.
1 minute ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members