2011.06.04 TRIAL Day Ten (Morning Session ONLY)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NG tonight covering trial 7:00 to 10:00 p.m.

Wow, I missed it before but the hair in the trunk had a death band, and the hair taken from the duct tape did not, ergo... The tape was placed on a live Caylee!! This also goes to prove murder, not accident!!! There is no way a little girl falls in the pool so you take her out when she is alive and put duct tape over her mouth and nose to make her feel better... This is also likely the instrument of death. Ouch, no wonder they don't want this witness to testify!!

Wow! I had not thought of that before! Is this really how it would pan out? wouldn't the duct tape eventually have a death band after death when the body begins to decomp?

This too has me baffeled. Why don't the duct tape hair have the death band?
:waitasec:

What a morning - Wesh back up, but back forth, back forth, so irritating - thanks everyone for your point by point posting so I could follow along while resetting up. You are all wonderful...

JA is now going through the process to move into evidence the hair evidence. I'm loving the science! One step closer to associating Caylee's remains to the car. The car that Casey had possession of until June 27.

JA: were submitted a hair brush?

yes a hair brush and comb

JA: found hairs?

on the brush

HHJP: entered into evidence

Hear that Casey? That is the forensic evidence of what you did to Caylee being entered into evidence...as FACT. :)

JA: did you find human hairs in the exhibit?

yes

JA: how many?

I have to resort to my notes

JA: go ahead.

IIRC, KL testified that the post-mortem root banding shows up after 2 days at the earliest and up to 15 days after death.

Not 15 minutes after the baby is pulled from the pool and never seen again when her father and Roy Kronk take her away.

I hope the jury caught this...it occurs 2-15 days after death....I think it needs to be restated to make sure this is clear to the jury...

Love JA's "purported hairbrush." CA was reported to have supplied LE with a dog brush instead of Caylee's brush, at one time.

Was she given Caylee's hairbrush, or did CA give her one others had used?

Wow! I had not thought of that before! Is this really how it would pan out? wouldn't the duct tape eventually have a death band after death when the body begins to decomp?

Don't know... Am I missing something here... As you say, why didn't the hair in the duct tape develop a death band too? Would seem both samples would have the death band.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she said that not all hairs will have the root band -it depends on the stage the hair was in when the person died. (that's the part i came in on this morning, so I might not have heard the whole story)

Did the witness just say she found a post mortem hair in Caylee's brush?

My thought is that the hair in the duct tape was removed/pulled prior to death and the loose hair was caught in the duct tape. That hair would not have the death band because it was NOT connected or shed from her scalp after death.

This case is beyond sad, it's hurts to think what Caylee went through.

Love JA's "purported hairbrush." CA was reported to have supplied LE with a dog brush instead of Caylee's brush, at one time.

Ca gave LE a brush that KC and Caylee used. Later CA said she should have given them the dog brush.

Don't know... Am I missing something here... As you say, why didn't the hair in the duct tape develop a death band too? Would seem both samples would have the death band.

Seems likely to me the duct tape would pull the hairs out-- especially after being moved around. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member