2011.06.04 TRIAL Day Ten (Morning Session ONLY)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't want her testifying because this ties his client to Caylee after she was already dead.

and could potentionally disprove the accident in the pool vs dying in the trunk of the vehicle, only ICA drove...but Baez is getting in that GA had a key....but I don't think it'll fly...JMHO

she has never had a case where the hair with the banding was not attached to the dead person (paraphrased) but she has seen pmrb before (post mortem root banding)

if you see those characteristics in the hair we know it is a part of decompositon. Some of the articles mentioned where the band was found, it is a couple of mm from the root band but it does not have to be that measurement to be concidered post mortum root banding.

JA: two dimentions?

three dimentions

JA: ?

correct

JA: what actual training do you do, to recognize post mortum root banding?

those are covered in the training period plus the cases you work.

JA: are you able to give a guesstamate how many hairs you have seen with post mortum banding?

I don't keep track...but there have been a fair number of cases

JA: more than a hundred less?

dont want to guess

JA: were those hairs already know to be from a person who is deceased?

this is the only case where I had a sample outside of the ...usually they are items from the person who is deceased...

JA: how often have you seen the banding?

?

JA: again

in the cases where the decomp was noted, yes.

Wow, I missed it before but the hair in the trunk had a death band, and the hair taken from the duct tape did not, ergo... The tape was placed on a live Caylee!! So is also likely the instrument of death. Ouch, no wonder they don't want this witness to testify!!

That backs up Dr. G's statement that the tape was placed on Caylee before decomp too.

Just got here..from watching 2 seconds............she's doing FANTASTIC....GREAT presentation by both KL & JA!, of course in my biased opinion!:innocent:

Yeah because you know.. all that time that ICA had the trunk open to put in pizza boxes, garbage etc, she never noticed the body of her dead daughter that her dad had put there.

This is the only case where Lowe has found a hair where they didn't already know the person was dead.

by cfnews13casey via twitter at 6:41 AM

Wow, I missed it before but the hair in the trunk had a death band, and the hair taken from the duct tape did not, ergo... The tape was placed on a live Caylee!! So is also likely the instrument of death. Ouch, no wonder they don't want this witness to testify!!

Wow! I had not thought of that before! Is this really how it would pan out? wouldn't the duct tape eventually have a death band after death when the body begins to decomp?

But he already tied KC to Caylee when she was already dead!

IIRC, KL testified that the post-mortem root banding shows up after 2 days at the earliest and up to 15 days after death.

Not 15 minutes after the baby is pulled from the pool and never seen again when her father and Roy Kronk take her away.

I am glad also that all these bright women are showing ICA what she could have been if she chose a different path. Or were not a sociopath.

JA asked if she was asked to do the work on the case of Caylee Maire. She said yes. Jeff wants to show her states exhibit...

she does recognize her lab markings. Jeff is showing to the witness another, and she has the same response: she recognizes the exhibit by her markings. JA, is asking this about several items, the response is the same.

Wow, I missed it before but the hair in the trunk had a death band, and the hair taken from the duct tape did not, ergo... The tape was placed on a live Caylee!! This also goes to prove murder, not accident!!! There is no way a little girl falls in the pool so you take her out when she is alive and put duct tape over her mouth and nose to make her feel better... This is also likely the instrument of death. Ouch, no wonder they don't want this witness to testify!!

This was too important to let get lost in this fast moving thread!!!!!!

Not really.... what he did in opening is say that GA disposed of the body immediately after found drowned.. Which we all know did not happen.

IIRC, KL testified that the post-mortem root banding shows up after 2 days at the earliest and up to 15 days after death.

Not 15 minutes after the baby is pulled from the pool and never seen again when her father and Roy Kronk take her away.

goes to show what a bad theory he has! Should have stuck with the nanny theory!

He doesn't want her testifying because this ties his client to Caylee after she was already dead.

It is becoming abundantly more and more apparent that KC was *the only one* tied to Caylee , despite the DT assertions otherwise, when she was already dead. Scares JB to death, as it should.

Yes and this alone shoots the entire defense theory right out of the water. :great:

thank you everyone for keeping your posts to the testimony! you guys rock!

I like how she genuinely studies each envelope to make sure she really does recognize it. It's not rote, it's not cursory. She really LOOKS for lab markings and initials.

Anyone else here stopped to pull a hair out of their own head and look at it during KL's testimony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member