2011.06.04 TRIAL Day Ten (Morning Session ONLY)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:floorlaugh: It sounds like HHJBP is getting very tired of JB's shenanigans. :great:

So what, there was ANOTHER dead person in Casey's trunk?

HHJP said that he would have to ask Ms. Lowe if she considers it to be an authoritative source.

Already she pointed out that it is made up of scientists and non scientists.

I'm back..followed on twitter..I saw the FBI lady said she didn't have hair from CA. But in CAs depo it was made very clear that CA's hair has been color treated for years.

JimLichtenstein Jim Lichtenstein
@
@deedrakerby All the jurors are paying close attention, even during the dry testimony. #caseyanthony

I would hope that, everytime he raises a huge fuss..it red flags the jurors. Those things would stand out to me, big time.

What on earth is ICA playing with there? An Ipad? She'd better enjoy that fun stuff now, there aren't any toys like that where she's going to end up.

God Bless the SA - it just can't be said enough.

HHJBP is saying that she did not state that the hair came solely from one individual.

My new favorite quote:

"Unless you were somewhere different than I was..."

Uggh. I get nervous that JB might get lucky and get something thrown out. Blech.

Pickle, the Casey Cam is ALWAYS in my siggy. :)

TELL HIM JUDGE!
hammer.gif

Witness returning to the stand........jury still out.

Jury is still out.

JB reading from the report too quickly. HHBP says there will be no record and nothing to review.

HHBP - to JB - unless you were somewhere different than I was.... The witness was not saying "identical".

JA asks for proffer - says JB's citation is not scientific testimony - it's court case review.

HHBP - journals deal with strictly science

HHBP to JB - don't pull something out and start reading it.

JB questioning witnesses science and methodology

Witness returning to stand.

JB w/HHBP - reading from Justice Scalia in Menendez Bros ....

committee found no scientific support without mitochrondiral dna....no studies have done to quantify....

she didn't say it was identical.....she said under direct exam......let's take it thru the numbers but that is exactly what she testified to....

JA - (difficult to hear)....
HHBP we are not going to talk about what court cases said...a journal is scientific....lets take it thru the numbers this is no different than she has testified ....you don't pull something out and start reading it....you didn't have the document with you to start reading from......

JB-lack of science in her methodology in ...she practices...

HHBP - lets take it thru ....recognize it as authoritative source

lets have the witness

90.706 Authoritativeness of literature for use in cross-examination.

Statements of facts or opinions on a subject of science, art, or specialized knowledge contained in a published treatise, periodical, book, dissertation, pamphlet, or other writing may be used in cross-examination of an expert witness if the expert witness recognizes the author or the treatise, periodical, book, dissertation, pamphlet, or other writing to be authoritative, or, notwithstanding nonrecognition by the expert witness, if the trial court finds the author or the treatise, periodical, book, dissertation, pamphlet, or other writing to be authoritative and relevant to the subject matter.

http://law.onecle.com/florida/evidence/90.706.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member