Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense just serve Dr. Arpad Vass with a subpoena. #CaseyAnthony -fell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 10:23 AM

I was so excited to hear Dr. Vass, but I have to say, he's gone way too technical for even my IT brain. I hope the jury have been able to stay more attentive, because there's been long periods of time where I've realized I had tuned out what he was saying. :eek:

OMGOMGOMG I am just SO amazed and impressed not only with Dr. Vass :heartluv:, but with the SA's TIMING! Dr. Vass's testimony, though it's difficult at breakfast time, is so key and signal to this case that it was brilliant of them to have him on after the jury has had their "weekend" and are theoretically at their most rested and refreshed.

This trial is really bringing home for me what a huge task lawyering is--essentially on top of pulling together all the evidence, wrangling witnesses, etc, they also have to write a script on top of it, consider timing, plot line, etc...

OK, I am blathering. Just got hit with a little moment of "wow"ness there...

just wait till jb turn and he tries to belittle the good doctor on biology degree or chemist---not to mention all the money he may bring in....GMAB.......:banghead:

User SERJEN made an awesome point in the Trial thread: "New Poster here...found this place through Casey's trial and I've been obsessed... I have a question about the cans they just admitted into evidence. I've read that if the jury smells them they can be considered witnesses and it could mess up pros. case. Can anyone explain why it would make them witnesses but they can view all other evidence without being considered witnesses?"

The jurors use two of their senses to listen and watch the evidence presented, why can't they smell the evidence?

by cfnews13casey via twitter at 10:23 AM

To be witness for the defense? How sweet of them. Ironic, too, since Jose objects to everything he says.

Bill Scheaffer says that Dr. Vass can now say that he has been recognized as an expert witness on the odor of decomposition in Orange County, FL. The next historically significant event will be Dr. Vass rendering his opinion.

With Heavy Heart...Over the weekend, my cousin's 2 year old grandson was found lifeless in a swimming pool.

There was no covering it up, the mom is beyond devestated and won't be having a night on on the town for God Knows how long, and he was immediately taken to the hospital even though it was too late to save him. THIS is what happens with an accidental drowning...

As a lifelong Floridian, I've heard these stories before, never has it touched this close. If there happened to be any unreasonable doubt left in my mind about Casey Marie Anthony, it's forever Set in Stone now just how much of a Monster she truly is.

Love Your Baby's no matter how old ~
RR

I'm so sorry for your loss :(
It angers me how Casey & JB can even think about an accidental drowning scenario... This is something that is very real and the effects are devastating. I hope your family can find some comfort.

I don't think the can will be opened, but if by some chance it is, I hope George and Cindy leave the courtroom for a while. This has to be excruciating for them!

I was so excited to hear Dr. Vass, but I have to say, he's gone way too technical for even my IT brain. I hope the jury have been able to stay more attentive, because there's been long periods of time where I've realized I had tuned out what he was saying. :eek:

I hung on his every word. Had no trouble what so ever understanding what he was talking about, despite the fact that I'd never heard of ALOT of this stuff. In fact, I feel like I've been in class all morning, and am ready for my pop quiz. :)

Long time lurker here. I have been following this case since it began. I would like to say it bothers me SO much that ICA sits there with no expression on her face during the trial, but as soon as the jury leaves the room she starts with her eyebrow raising toward JB and always smiles. This really irratates me!! She shows no emotion while the body of her daughter is discussed, but seems to become almost flirty with JB while the Jury is not present.

I hope the jury remembers how JB portrayed Dr. Vass in his opening statement: as a crack-pot scientist who is just here to get his name out so he can make money by selling his shoddy "sniffer machine."

You go JB! Remind them of that again!

The subpoena is likely for access to his full database that they have been whining about, maybe? :waitasec:

I want to take this sidebar opportunity to THANK MOMBOMB for your updates as they are very concise and easy to understand. All the others transcribing the trial you are doing a great service to those that cannot watch while at work or a computer that does not allow it. Again thank you to all of you staying on topic of what is being said and done in the courtroom

I thought it was cool when Dr Vass said that cadaver dogs were the most successful way of finding graves - knowing that the dogs are still to come.

I don't think the can will be opened, but if by some chance it is, I hope George and Cindy leave the courtroom for a while. This has to be excruciating for them!

I agree, but they've already smelled it... I think they'd handle it better than the jurors. jmo

Last night on blog talk with Tricia, the attorney you all know who I mean, said that the Judge was getting shorter with JB and that JB was walking a thin line with His Honor. Guess we saw that Saturday and today. Not the lawyer's exact words but my interpretation.

Imo, Baez doesn't stand a chance of challenging this witness. If he's smart, he'll ask Vass about collection. What might contaminate an air specimen. I think that's the only way he might put even a sliver of doubt in this jury's mind with respect to this evidence.

LOL Since it's been posted here, I'm thinking he will ask :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member