2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone who is an attorney please explain to me (I have a Juris Doctorate, don't practice) why the Defense would keep this witness on there for this length of time? When I did my clinical internship with the Travis County DA's office, an assistant DA told me, "If you can't draw first blood then BACK off."

It helps to read the background on the divining rod issue and the leashed flies.Makes a lot more sense when you know what happened,IMO.
JB is hoping to get a reaction ,just by mentioning these two issues,but once you hear the backstory ,"it all makes sense !"
JMO:crazy:

I've read about Vass and divining rods and I think it's not something that makes me feel comfortable about an expert witness.

It is not even 5 pm and I'm pouring a drink. Ashton is doing great! Baez opened the door for meat discussion, yet he is objecting to JA cross!

You guys have ABSOLUTELY cracked me up with your comments- I haven't laughed out loud so much at trial testimony since Phil Spector 1 or Susan Polk's alien abduction defense!

Jeff Ashton is just as brilliant when it comes to law, as Dr. Vass is when it comes to science.

And, that's saying a lot! I am so impressed with both of these men.

Absolutely no reaction from Casey about another case of a little child being in the trunk for 3 months.

I learned today that Dr. V is not a chemist.
That my rotting potato smells like decomp.
That the DT has a wrinkled poster board to write on.
That is all.

I learned that the subject of bluestar, which I've been waiting a week to hear about, might not mean anything at all. :banghead:

Can someone who is an attorney please explain to me (I have a Juris Doctorate, don't practice) why the Defense would keep this witness on there for this length of time? When I did my clinical internship with the Travis County DA's office, an assistant DA told me, "If you can't draw first blood then BACK off."

I think someone didn't get that memo......

I've been laughing too much to worry about getting a t/o - I'm so going to watch Baez do the cross again - I've not laughed like this in a long time.

Dr Vass rocks! Baez not so much :)

comparing this case too another case involving a child..about Caylee's age/size :(

Overruled, never thought I would have a favorite word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734