2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
#caseyanthonytrial Juror 16 picked up notebook off the floor pulled pen out of his pocket to note Vass's comments on smell of death

noted presence of acetic acid - which is a component of decomp, but also of the mfg of chloroform

He said manufacturing chloroform. Wow!!

:eek: I think he is opening the box that has the paper towels!

OMG people standing outside my door yapping. 1. I couldn't hear this if I tried. 2. I can't try because I'm at work. GO AWAY

ETA Made me miss the jump back part.

"Grave Wax"??..the scrapping from the wheel (tire) well??..That was in that little plastic container...

Even if the science is somewhat daunting, how can the jury not just adore this witness - and trust in his testimony? :rocker:

Direct examination of Dr. Arpad Vass by JA continued.

He agreed he also examined scrapings of the wheel well of the car. He identified the package as being the sample.

ICA sitting expressionless.

Scrapings admitted into evidence over defense objection as Exhibit 125.

He did a chemical extract of the scraping - of particular interest - acidic acid found which is a byproduct of human decomp and also of manufacturing of chloroform.

He also received paper towels from Dr. Neil Haskell. He identified the package.

Sidebar #4 regarding the papertowels being admitted.

sorry folks missed a couple minutes...

placed carpet sample into methonal....inject into GCMS system....peaks of compounds that are not going into gaseous form......headspace sample is just gas coming off thru evaporation.....we wanted to look deeper to see what was stuck in fibers.....presence of butyric acids.....volitle fatty acids for determine post-mortem human decomp....first one liberated during human decomp...it was in the carpet itself.....

JA- w/ Dr. Vass.....

when first opened the can ....essentially jumped back a foot or two - odor extremely strong....recognize odor in can as human decomp.....also given another item scrapings from wheel well in car....item for identify initials....little glass vial w/scrapings if I remember right...open package... pull out plastic dish not glass

enter in evidence over objection

also did chemical extract....compounds ...acedic acid ....by product of human decomp and manufacturing (?) obtain from Dr. Neil Haskell...

doesn't recognize box...gigles it is a box.....JA opens box

Dr. V examines interior of box...confirm items sent by Dr. Haskell......

JA wants to move to .....object Approach!

Can he smell the paper towels now? Or are they in further packaging... OMG they weren't. Chain of Custody complaint now.
Wow.

Still no reaction from ICA.

That's your baby girl decomposing in your trunk that they're talking about and no reaction. OMG. *sits on hands HARD*

JB is objecting to the chain of custody? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member