2011.06.07 TRIAL Day Twelve (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Deceased person near a pool..." Again absolutely NO REACTION from Casey.

I could see Gerus bracketing as they approached the water, and then I saw him give his final alert. I think the jury saw it, as well, especially after all the foundation of explaining the dog's behavior leading up to the video.

Bravo Gerus!

Why is he talking about the dog named "Bones" now?

watched few min. of video of Gerus and handler Gorgey -= as Forgey describes what is seen on video - kc talking to JB? to her left...short/curt answers ....

Forgey w/LDB
conditions that night were perfect....wind blowing into us....he winded victim right....bracketing getting excited....Forgey had to stop him...all body behavior is there...goes to his down...turn and look right @ Forgey and made eye contact....another cadavar dog being trained...prior to Bones transfer to Oseola Co. ... had 4 finds after Forgey worked him after school....first one caller thought housedog had brought home a human jaw bone w/teeth..(object-overrule) spoke to deputy appeared to be real....in Tangerine in NW part of the county....human mandible with fillings in the teeth.....where does property owner's dog play...he didn't know woods all over the place....deployed Bones put collar on ....look for human bones....wind was North and we happened to be south of it....went thru play area...found the bones..

2nd one - house backyard area - Bones alerted to garage .....dug up garage floor and found a human body.....2 streets over on the same day he alerted on garden/pool area found another one same case/same day #3

#4 called asked if bones could locate item with blood on it...trained in that fashion...sexual battery - deployed k-9 to area where victim had wiped blood off on a rag...bones located that item..

Does Casey have access to a cell phone? It looks like she just pulled a phone out of her pocket, glanced at it, and then continued to do whatever it is she's doing on the computer.

Can somebody with courtroom behavior knowledge please answer about
ICA's actions (computer,phone,etc).

It seems obvious to me that the Judge, 9 times out of 10, over rules Baez' objections. this has to send a loud message to the jury?

Officer is very calm and low key. I can see why he would make a good dog handler.

Direct exam of Officer Jason Forgey by LDB - continued

He described the area as an old sink hole. The dog was trying to jump through the high grass. There was lots of trash as it is a known transient area. The sink hole is in the middle of the woods. Gerrus winded the body from the wood section and drug him through the woods and down the high embankment - bracketing - trying to get to it. He gave his final alert and then turned and looked right at him.

Regarding Bones - he worked in real calls where he alerted also. He had 4 real finds within 11 months that he worked him. First was a call he heard where someone called and said they thought their house dog had found a human bone. He called the unit on scene who said it looked real.

Objection by JB - hearsay. LDB - relavent to predicate - Objection overruled.

He drove to Tangerine and recognized it as a section of a human mandible. Interviewed owner of house dog and determined where the dog normally played - said the dog played all over. He deployed Bones from his vehicle on the main street and started walking. Wind was out of north. He pulled him thru the backside of a church in to a field and located the lower portion of a cadaver.

Second and third ones - he was asked to search the backyard area - K-9 bones alerted in the garage and a deceased man was found buried under the garage floor. Went 2 streets over and located another body in the pool and rock area.

Fourth involved a sexual battery case. Dog was to locate an item that had blood on it. He deployed and located a rag that the suspect had wiped off blood with and discarded in an open field.

LD shows witness Item L.K. He identified it as the report created with the video.

JB - same objections. OVERRULED. Marked as Exhibit 162.

SIDEBAR # 6.

"Deceased person near a pool..." Again absolutely NO REACTION from Casey.

I'm not defending ICA, but I'm honestly curious what reaction she's supposed to have to the video that doesn't come across as fake.

Did anyone in that courtroom have a reaction? I'm not seeing any tweets about the jury.

Was ICA there when the dog alerted in the backyard? I wonder if that is why she is so aggitated.

Are they letting KC use a computer? What is she doing?

I can't belive Defendant's are allowed access to computers during trials, wow, learn something new every day. It must be ok, HHJP and the SA must see it.

Which dog worked at Anthonys' house, Bones or Gerus? Why is he talking about Bones now, if it was Gerus, or were both dogs there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz